Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually CBG is right. The issue as to why they charge that much is that it is more relied on for some as income. So they charge this more on the account to make some money. Obviously some are used for supplies, but note the fact that shipper has to pay for both shippings.

So honestly a paint job for an entire piece shouldn't cost more than 200, but other factors counter that price.

That's why I'd go with something like Nem said, licensed places that only do paint jobs, they do quality work and within a day; bbecause they have plenty of employees and that I'd literally their jobs.

Actually CBG is right. The issue as to why they charge that much is that it is more relied on for some as income. So they charge this more on the account to make some money. Obviously some are used for supplies, but note the fact that shipper has to pay for both shippings.

So honestly a paint job for an entire piece shouldn't cost more than 200, but other factors counter that price.

That's why I'd go with something like Nem said, licensed places that only do paint jobs, they do quality work and within a day; bbecause they have plenty of employees and that I'd literally their jobs.

Shouldn't cost more than $200? I'm curious as to how many hours you think they spend on painting a piece and what their hourly comes out to.

Great idea bro! The cost of 600.00 and both ways shipping plus is way too much for me. It would be nice if there someone here who can do custom painting for a 150.00!to 200.00 flat rate. Imagine the lines of people waiting. I can see these statues like RS can be done in a reasonable time and not taking more than 8 hrs. Not all will take weeks to do. Just my opinion. I've been in fine arts for many years. So I have an idea of how things work. Sure some take months to do but I'm sure some can do it in hours. Airbrushing for 8 hrs a day can get a lot done unless there's tons of molding to make new things. If it's only airbrush I can't see 8 hrs a day for a statue like RS body and head lasting weeks to months. Again I'm not saying it doesn't take weeks to months in doing custom paints. I don't do it so I could be wrong. In no way I'm saying people customizing paint jobs on here is doing anything wrong. Just my own opinion on this.

It would cost you more anyways, for the deep cleaning of dust and dog slobber to take care of before a paint job could even take place.

I have a big clear bag over them so it should be ok for now. The clumsy model gf got the boot. So no breakage there. My staues are safe at the moment as long as I don't run into them myself because of the dark tight space to get to the light switch.

Average worker is commissioned per pieces and at a quality level. Several hours would be my guess.

10.00 an hour average pay x 8 hrs so I would say 150.00 to 200.00 is more than fair. But I know no one wants these rates. Only if they have professional painters around who can do this. Maybe at hobby shops? The guys who paint model kits? I wonder if 100.00 to 200.00 would be good for them to just paint the body and head? Those guys might be ok with that since the statue body is not that big. They also have airbrush skills which I'm sure is ok. I will have to see thier work first.

Last edited:
:clap 2015-01-10 à 16-50-16.jpg2015-01-10 à 16-46-59.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Here's a couple quick pics and one with Harley.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420920701.174379.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420920719.204949.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420920730.357328.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420920746.674937.jpg

I
Average worker is commissioned per pieces and at a quality level. Several hours would be my guess.
Thats completely inaccurate. We're not talking about painting a car a single color. You're talking about color blends, paint mixing, gradiant shading on curved surfaces. Things that take actual artistry. It also depends on the medium used. Different mediums give you different vibrancy, better hold and some are more difficult to use than others. You're paying not just for the work but the knowledge the painter posesses to give you the look you want.

Statements like these are along the same lines as getting flea market tattoo artists to work on you instead of a professional because its cheaper. In that case enjoy your jagged lines and staph infection.

But quality painting on these statues, especially as was said, in oils to give the skin/eyes almost life like looks, yeah, good luck for $200

Great idea bro! The cost of 600.00 and both ways shipping plus is way too much for me. It would be nice if there someone here who can do custom painting for a 150.00!to 200.00 flat rate. Imagine the lines of people waiting. I can see these statues like RS can be done in a reasonable time and not taking more than 8 hrs. Not all will take weeks to do. Just my opinion. I've been in fine arts for many years. So I have an idea of how things work. Sure some take months to do but I'm sure some can do it in hours. Airbrushing for 8 hrs a day can get a lot done unless there's tons of molding to make new things. If it's only airbrush I can't see 8 hrs a day for a statue like RS body and head lasting weeks to months. Again I'm not saying it doesn't take weeks to months in doing custom paints. I don't do it so I could be wrong. In no way I'm saying people customizing paint jobs on here is doing anything wrong. Just my own opinion on this.

I have a big clear bag over them so it should be ok for now. The clumsy model gf got the boot. So no breakage there. My staues are safe at the moment as long as I don't run into them myself because of the dark tight space to get to the light switch.

10.00 an hour average pay x 8 hrs so I would say 150.00 to 200.00 is more than fair. But I know no one wants these rates. Only if they have professional painters around who can do this. Maybe at hobby shops? The guys who paint model kits? I wonder if 100.00 to 200.00 would be good for them to just paint the body and head? Those guys might be ok with that since the statue body is not that big. They also have airbrush skills which I'm sure is ok. I will have to see thier work first.

$10 per hour an experienced professional Painter? What are you high? Call center customer service agents get paid $10 per hour. Let's do some quick accounting. A good Airbrush set up with compressor, notice I said good guys not the cheap ones, $400-$500, paints 36 colors $100-$150 depending upon brand, airbrush mediums for blending/shading/translucency $20/each, Misc. items(paper towels, blending sticks, paint brushes for fine details, paint sponges, area lighting, paint thinner, rubbing alcohol, and various tools) Another $150-$200.

Most artists when dealing with a medium buy all this themselves, then use jobs to recover the costs Considering before the person has done a single job they've probably put out $1000 just in supplies it might take a bit before they even see a return on the investment. Not to mention these supplies need to be refilled constantly and the prices rise almost yearly. Not to mention the time this person took to actually learn to use the medium they're working in and the years it took them to get good at it plus all the technical paint knowledge it takes to get the blends just right.

My point is, you're lucky they need the work bad enough to only charge you $350-$400 because they'd love to charge you the number that's actually in their head when they're doing it.

Both wrong :lecture

I have a big clear bag over them so it should be ok for now. The clumsy model gf got the boot. So no breakage there.

I know what you can put a bag over :monkey4. At least you gave her the boot, I hear when heffers start stomping around things on shelves start falling off.

Back