Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting for in stock Ivy, I knew the paint would definitely be more vibrant on the base, and judging from the earlier pics the paint lines are cleaner and eyes look purposeful and direct.

I still like more realistic decals over those toonie eyes ... over-all win. the green skin stands out more with the other Rogues, as a standalone the original with a great paint job would've been supreme.

ordering when paypal link goes up.

Damn! I was thinking about dumping my RS because of the bad paint job on her eyes and face. The proto look so much better. The pic of the repaint looks so much better. Love the skin tone as well. If I can get this on mine to look like the one in your pic. I would keep her for sure. She looks amazing! May I ask who did it and how much? I may be interested to have mine look like the repainted on in the pic. That's just amazing! Wished the production was like this. But the RS released version the face is just not doing it for me at all. Very disappointed with the paint job. The sculpt is great! Just the paint job is so bad. Doesn't bring out the potential at all. In fact bring the statue down a notch with the bad paint job on RS face. Btw anymore pics of that repainted rs������

Sorry to go off topic but you can see Vicente's videos on YouTube

I'd assume its a pretty penny for a repaint

Sideshow Red Sonja Repaint by Vicente Torres - YouTube

I'm loving the in hand pics she looks amazing.

Nice! She looks good so far and the green looks far better than the regular version.

Looking good, much better than the original imo.

I'm pretty much on board with these comments when I saw the pics of the original & the Green side by side in the thread I think the Green looks much better & I'm glad I never got the original now.

Can't wait to have mine in hand now

Neil

Overall Ivy looks great. Colors extremely vibrant.
The face is a little of a let down for me. Face too skinny and long compared to prototype which has more full cheeks and more defined lips. I'm still very excited for her. It's been a long wait.

I have been very tempted to buy this green variant. I was hoping that her face would be fuller too (like the proto), I definitely prefer the 'plumper' cheeked face, cuter in my opinion. Aside from the face issue, I really love the vibrancy of 'green with envy', looking forward to seeing more in-hand photos!

I'm starting to think the best way to protect against bad Sideshow factory paintjobs is to buy statues that don't have human fleshtones. The Court of the Dead, Ivy, Harley--all potentially good risks. Red Sonja, Wonder Woman? Worrisome.

I'm starting to come to that conclusion, too. Even Lady Death came out nice ...and that's probably because her skin tone is white.

After what happened with Sonja, I'll just say I'm glad I don't have Wonder Woman on pre-order. I have a good feeling about the Court of the Dead line though.

I really can't blame SS for the way skin flesh tones are coming out on most of there pieces. These things are mass produces and and there is no way they are going to paint these with so much detail unless they raise the price and time to produce them.

Though, too bad I dosen't look anything like this Ivy one right out of the box. The skin tone is so perfect in this one:

10888975_1532763400326380_4837231638329831550_n.jpg

I wonder if it would be a good idea for Sideshow to offer an "unpainted" option on all its statues. For a reduced price, you get an unpainted statue and you can have it painted by a pro should you wish. That way Sideshow would save itself a significant number of complaints, exchanges, and cash credits to make up for substandard paintjobs that are, technically, a violation of the implied contract that their statues should not vary from the prototype to any significant degree. (Sideshow is obviously aware that this is becoming a problem, as they've started inserting "Prototype Shown" and "Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance" disclaimers on their order pages.)

The thing is, the repainted Poison Ivy pictured above, as well as the repainted Red Sonja we've seen, are pretty awesome and so much better than the Sideshow factory-painted originals that I think a certain segment of the statue collecting community might jump at the idea of getting unpainted statues at a significant discount that would help to pay for custom paintjobs, especially since those paintjobs can make the statues look SO MUCH better...

Might not be a bad idea. Would save some money on their and our end for those of us that wish to paint or have them painted ourselves. I think if they were to do this it would be best to lower the ES for the painted version and offer a separate listing with a small amount of unpainted statues.

They would be doing a lot of collectors a favor. After waiting 9-16 months for a watered-down statue... Of course collectors are going to feel agitated.

Or at least offer unpainted head sculpts. That's where all the issues are at. Then go create a network of authorized us painters that we can deal with. That would be awesome

I wonder if it would be a good idea for Sideshow to offer an "unpainted" option on all its statues. For a reduced price, you get an unpainted statue and you can have it painted by a pro should you wish. That way Sideshow would save itself a significant number of complaints, exchanges, and cash credits to make up for substandard paintjobs that are, technically, a violation of the implied contract that their statues should not vary from the prototype to any significant degree. (Sideshow is obviously aware that this is becoming a problem, as they've started inserting "Prototype Shown" and "Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance" disclaimers on their order pages.)

The thing is, the repainted Poison Ivy pictured above, as well as the repainted Red Sonja we've seen, are pretty awesome and so much better than the Sideshow factory-painted originals that I think a certain segment of the statue collecting community might jump at the idea of getting unpainted statues at a significant discount that would help to pay for custom paintjobs, especially since those paintjobs can make the statues look SO MUCH better...

It's a good idea for the buyers, but for the seller it's a terrible idea. They would lose a lot of sales on one end and make some on the other. No benefits for them as a seller. Just more to deal with. In that case it's better to just sell one product for full price and let the buyers deal with thier own customs. Why bother to do more for the same profits? There's no point unless it's really I don't care about profits and customers always comes first.
Btw how much does a custom paint job costs? I really want my RS to be repainted like the one in this thread. So big of a difference! One thing which would be a win win for both sides is to offer us to buy replacement Star Wars light up sabers. Those things go blank in years just from storage. At least most of them will in due time.

Back