Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something I really love about this statue...well a pair of things and a nice note at the end but I can't pull the trigger on it. Looks good though in the pics so far.

From what I've seen so far, Green Ivy has better attention paid to her outfit (of leaves) and a brighter paint app overall. However, those saying "Green by a mile" must be overlooking the godawful design and placement of the phallic-like plants that SS decided to sculpt. Can't get past those plants, they throw off the overall silhouette of the original piece and make no sense whatsoever, they're ugly. They bring such discord to what was a sleek and sexy design, one pointing up the other jutting out at extreme angle. There is such a thing as a harmonious statue and this new one is like nails on chalkboard design-wise.

Geez, sounds like you have c*ck on the mind. Whatever floats your boat. I'm not put off by those plants and never even thought of them that way and imo that observation is kind of silly not trying to diminish your point just lol-ing at it 'cause I suppose you have a point. I do prefer the original Ivy colors but I am glad to see that the green Ivy has a better paint app. It means SS is trying to improve on quality which is great. :)

Geez, sounds like you have c*ck on the mind. Whatever floats your boat. I'm not put off by those plants and never even thought of them that way and imo that observation is kind of silly not trying to diminish your point just lol-ing at it 'cause I suppose you have a point. I do prefer the original Ivy colors but I am glad to see that the green Ivy has a better paint app. It means SS is trying to improve on quality which is great. :)

OK so what do those plants look like to you? Im not the only person to think " dicks with teeth". And If you get my point, why not just write that?

Damn! I was thinking about dumping my RS because of the bad paint job on her eyes and face. The proto look so much better. The pic of the repaint looks so much better. Love the skin tone as well. If I can get this on mine to look like the one in your pic. I would keep her for sure. She looks amazing! May I ask who did it and how much? I may be interested to have mine look like the repainted on in the pic. That's just amazing! Wished the production was like this. But the RS released version the face is just not doing it for me at all. Very disappointed with the paint job. The sculpt is great! Just the paint job is so bad. Doesn't bring out the potential at all. In fact bring the statue down a notch with the bad paint job on RS face. Btw anymore pics of that repainted rs������

LOL @ all you guys complaining and comparing RS and Poison Ivy paints to Vicente Tores' hand painted labor of love....The guy spent over a week hand painting it with oils....SS has an assembly line in China...

I've asked Vicente about a repaint and it will run you what you paid for the statue, so double the price plus shipping to him in Florida.

SO PONY UP BOYS!

LOL @ all you guys complaining and comparing RS and Poison Ivy paints to Vicente Tores' hand painted labor of love....The guy spent over a week hand painting it with oils....SS has an assembly line in China...

I've asked Vicente about a repaint and it will run you what you paid for the statue, so double the price plus shipping to him in Florida.

SO PONY UP BOYS!

He's in Florida...sweet, I can go drop it off.

SO PONY UP BOYS!

He's in Florida? Nice I'm only a day's drive away. But the price is the same as a statue? Crap.... His paint will save RS for me. But I'm to greedy to pay more than 200.00. Looks like I may have to let her go :(

Did you really expect a paintjob of that quality to be $200? Oh right, never mind...

Frankly, I'm surprised it only runs the price of the statue itself. Wouldn't have surprised me in the slightest if he charged $600+ because I honestly think it smokes even SS's proto. That is an absolutely stunning repaint.

Did you really expect a paintjob of that quality to be $200? Oh right, never mind...

Frankly, I'm surprised it only runs the price of the statue itself. Wouldn't have surprised me in the slightest if he charged $600+ because I honestly think it smokes even SS's proto. That is an absolutely stunning repaint.

I was really expecting 100.00 to 150.00. But 600.00? Ok I'm out of customs and will sell the statue. :(

Batman-facepalm.jpg

I was really expecting 100.00 to 150.00. But 600.00? Ok I'm out of customs and will sell the statue. :(

if you want the portrait done only, I think it's less. the full body repaint takes more time obviously.

if you want the portrait done only, I think it's less. the full body repaint takes more time obviously.

All those Rogue heads could definitely use a repaint. Pretty much the only statue I would consider for a repaint would be the Lara Croft PF, most recent one. However, I don't have an issue with the paint app itself as its good for what it is. But after seeing that red Sonja repaint, just wow. That skin paint looks amazing! Totally worth the $400-600 repaint if you really like that character.

Back