Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one of them got through :lol

Hmmm.

Wouldn't be because you are on Flex would it?

The Email makes mention to the fact that we have already been charged the full amount for the statue & the RP are to compensate us for the delay while SS already have our money.

As your final Flex has been moved & you haven't been charged fully they may not issue RP in that basis
In theory SS are making interest on our money that we could have had ourselves if they hadn't charged us earlier than the shipment arriving so IMO the RP is a way of compensating us for this.

I could of course be talking complete BS & it isn't this at all ;) lol

I suppose - that makes the most sense in general.
We all have to wait now for the port issues so it just seemed kind of strange that some but not all get some sort of 'sorry for the delay' RPs.

I suppose - that makes the most sense in general.
We all have to wait now for the port issues so it just seemed kind of strange that some but not all get some sort of 'sorry for the delay' RPs.

It's those that have made full payment already that have gotten the rewards points.

That is funny :clap how long was it delayed? Was it at the same time of year? I do feel sorry for Sideshow for the things that are out of their hands like this, HOWEVER I don't get why they charge the final payment without having it in their warehouse ready to be sent? I thought that was the whole point of flexing; the last payment is taken when the item is ready to ship lol I'll answer my own question now and say they do it automatically to reduce waiting time as they have so many orders, but they still would have been aware of this port issue when we were charged on the 15th December

Yeah, it would have helped greatly if they had charged for Ivy when she actually was ready to ship. I could have used those funds for other things before Christmas.

Anyway here's the previous email they sent about the delay for the first Ivy:

Dear DC Collector,

Thanks for your recent order for the Poison Ivy Premium Format figure.

We are excited to deliver our first Goth City Sirens to your collection but we’re afraid that the wait may be slightly longer that we had anticipated. We have recently been informed that our container has been delayed and will not arrive for another 5-7 business days. We suspect that this is the workings of the League of Shadows, and we’ve put our best man on the case.

We do not want to inconvenience you by holding your funds longer than necessary. As such, if you would like us to refund your charged payments please contact [email protected] or dial 855-SIDESHOW with your order number. All payments will be refunded as soon as possible and we will recharge your payments on Friday, May 31st.

We appreciate your understanding as we all await the arrival of this stunning evil femme fatale!

The Sideshow Processing Department

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

That was sent on the 22 May 2013 and she ended up being shipped on the 4 June.

So when do we get our delayed 20.00 ss point for green Ivy? Just want to be sure I get them.

Have you already paid in full? If not, don't expect any points. Those of us who have gotten them have already made full payment.

How do we know if we got our $20 RP? I was one of the full payers and got that email. But I dont see anywhere in my RP wallet that it was applied?

What? I thought you were against this variation. Why buy it?

The price at original PF 350.00 with a coupon seal the deal! But I still don't like repaints.

Have you already paid in full? If not, don't expect any points. Those of us who have gotten them have already made full payment.

Doesn't ss charge us when they are ready to ship? I'm not sure if they charge me in full yet. We still will get the 20.00 rewards correct either way charge now or later.

Doesn't ss charge us when they are ready to ship? I'm not sure if they charge me in full yet. We still will get the 20.00 rewards correct either way charge now or later.

This was supposed to be in warehouse on Dec 17 and many were charged either in full or their last flex pay anticipating this, however, due to the dock situation, it did not arrive and they were not able to ship. Those of us who have made full payment got the bonus rewards. If you were not one of those who were already charged in full, then I wouldn't be expecting any reward points.

This was supposed to be in warehouse on Dec 17 and many were charged either in full or their last flex pay anticipating this, however, due to the dock situation, it did not arrive and they were not able to ship. Those of us who have made full payment got the bonus rewards. If you were not one of those who were already charged in full, then I wouldn't be expecting any reward points.

Errrr why ss why did you not charge me! I wished I was charge! I will call them to see if I was charge. I hope I was charge in full.

Errrr why ss why did you not charge me! I wished I was charge! I will call them to see if I was charge. I hope I was charge in full.
zkHnpCm.gif

Oh CBG, never change.

Yea, lets all crap on the working man, I want my damn statue and don't care about their working/living conditions.:rolleyes2

:lol

I can wait. You'd think the only people on Earth who worked were the ones who threw temper tantrums ****ing with other people's property every time an employer did not agree to their demands. Childish thugs with a skewed idea of who their jobs actually belong to are not the pillars of the economy. If they were, they wouldn't have to use such obnoxious, predatory tactics to get their way.

Yea, lets all crap on the working man, I want my damn statue and don't care about their working/living conditions.:rolleyes2

From what I read, they make $40 an hour, that's hardly poor pay...but it seems like the strike is more about job security than anything.

Also according to this article,"Some truths about this ILWU shutdown: First, the strike wasn't about money. These logistical workers earn about $41 per hour, a solid middle-class income. Second, it wasn't "spontaneous." They've been working without a contract for two and a half years, since June 2010. Third, and most importantly, the strike was about job security -- not their own, but that of future employees."

What the Longshoremen's Strike Was Really About | David Macaray

Last edited:
From what I read, they make $40 an hour, that's hardly poor pay...but it seems like the strike is more about job security than anything.

Also according to this article,"Some truths about this ILWU shutdown: First, the strike wasn't about money. These logistical workers earn about $41 per hour, a solid middle-class income. Second, it wasn't "spontaneous." They've been working without a contract for two and a half years, since June 2010. Third, and most importantly, the strike was about job security -- not their own, but that of future employees."

What the Longshoremen's Strike Was Really About*|*David Macaray

Thanks, but an opinion piece from the Huffington Post is not what I would call unbiased or credible. just saying!

Except that the bias at the Huffington Post tends to be pro-labor...

Regardless, you may find that the article is pretty accurate, if you were to take the time to verify its claims, and not dismiss it out of hand because there is a chance that the author has an opinion one way or the other. As it were, the author is a former union rep. Go figure.

Back