Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... that's it. I do believe I am officially done with Sideshow.

Attached for your reading enjoyment is my response to Sideshow's lack of customer service I received when trying to resolve the defective $350 Poison Ivy that I made the mistake of ordering from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:55 PM
To: 'Belen Moreno'
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: Sideshow Order TB###### - Poison Ivy Issue

I am incredibly disappointed in this response to Sideshow’s defective product. I am hoping this is a blanket response and the problem can still be remedied.

I am surprised that out of 1500 exclusives and 2500 regular pieces, that there isn’t at least an extra base that could be located. It is obvious that this statue is defective, the holes were drilled in the incorrect locations and the trapezoidal holes for the plant pegs are oriented incorrectly. After unsuccessfully trying to marry the statue to the base, I found out about this apparently common defect by doing a search online and finding numerous forum articles about the defects in this piece, especially about it being able to correctly fit on the base. Many other unsatisfied customers had similar problems as mine and reported on it on the internet; it’s easy to find by doing a search. It surprises me that Sideshow’s course of action to an obvious production run error was to remain quiet until unsuspecting customers such as myself find out about it when it is too late for any satisfactory resolution. Will Sideshow ever invest in a quality department that can catch such gross and obvious errors?

I spent $350 plus shipping on what was supposed to be a high quality statue, but instead, I get something that was built incorrectly and useless now because it can’t be displayed. I do not like wasting my money, especially when it’s $350, which I do not consider pocket change. There isn’t even an attempt at any sort of refund due to the product being damaged. Does Sideshow think I will continue to spend my hard earned money on their defective products when there is no attempt at resolving the issue?

I have been a Sideshow customer for over 7 years now and have literally spent thousands and thousands of dollars with Sideshow, and this is the response I get to a product that should have never been released to the public in the first place that I was unfortunate enough to purchase. It’s becoming very obvious to me that Sideshow is becoming less and less about quality, customer satisfaction, and reputation and more about producing and selling a low quality product for the most amount of profit, customers be damned.

I do not intend to purchase any additional Sideshow items because it has become too risky of a gamble that I will be delivered something that isn’t defective and that Sideshow would be able to resolve my problems if there were any.

Please forward on to anyone who might be interested in what a long time customer is starting to think of Sideshow as a business.

Have a good day.

Scott

Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:45 PM
Subject: Sideshow Order TB###### - Poison Ivy Issue

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email. Please know that unfortunately due to the release date of this item we no longer have this item in stock. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Please be sure in the future to take advantage of our 30 returns police so that we may get any replacements or refunds out to you as soon as possible.

Sorry again that we are not able to help you this time, but we hope to be able to in the future!
Best regards,

Belen
Returns Representative

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2

Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 8:11 PM
To: James Cheung

HI James. It’s sort of hard to see in the pics, but you may be able to make out how the back foot peg is a good 1/8 to ¼ inch away from the rear hole when the other three holes are lined up. Also, the front foot doesn’t seat all the way down nor does the vine base on Ivy’s left (right vine when viewed from front). I’ve tried for over an hour on multiple attempts after leeting my frustration settle to try and get this statue seated. It’s not a matter of me not doing it correctly, the statue doesn’t fit on the base.

I’m hoping Sideshow can resolve this issue to my satisfaction. I had problems with one of the last pieces I purchased and just dealt with it. I’m quickly losing confidence. Been a customer since 2007.

Thanks for your time.

Scott

Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 4:49 PM

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in Sideshow Collectibles.

I am sorry to hear about the flaws to your Poison Ivy Statue. In order to expedite the replacement process, please provide attached .jpg photos of the damage to your item. Please be sure that the flaw is able to be seen clearly. Upon receipt of your photos, I will forward your email over to our Returns Department to investigate your inquiry. We thank you for your patience in this process!

Please feel free to contact us further should you have any question, concerns or if you’d like to purchase a product.

Thank You,

James Cheung
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

In the U.S.: 855-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2

Did you open your Ivy after 30 days upon receiving it?

If I'm not mistaken Sideshow recommends opening it upon receipt to check for defects. Even if they don't, I think it's pretty well known to inspect the item when you get it. I'm sure this is not the first time you're hearing this since you've been a customer of SS since 2007 and perhaps a collector for even longer...

If you live in the States, definitely check upon recieving... you guys are lucky to have the refund policy. Use it to your advantage.

Attached for your reading enjoyment is my response to Sideshow's lack of customer service I received when trying to resolve the defective $350 Poison Ivy that I made the mistake of ordering from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am incredibly disappointed in this response to Sideshow’s defective product. I am hoping this is a blanket response and the problem can still be remedied.

I am surprised that out of 1500 exclusives and 2500 regular pieces, that there isn’t at least an extra base that could be located. It is obvious that this statue is defective, the holes were drilled in the incorrect locations and the trapezoidal holes for the plant pegs are oriented incorrectly. After unsuccessfully trying to marry the statue to the base, I found out about this apparently common defect by doing a search online and finding numerous forum articles about the defects in this piece, especially about it being able to correctly fit on the base. Many other unsatisfied customers had similar problems as mine and reported on it on the internet; it’s easy to find by doing a search. It surprises me that Sideshow’s course of action to an obvious production run error was to remain quiet until unsuspecting customers such as myself find out about it when it is too late for any satisfactory resolution. Will Sideshow ever invest in a quality department that can catch such gross and obvious errors?

I spent $350 plus shipping on what was supposed to be a high quality statue, but instead, I get something that was built incorrectly and useless now because it can’t be displayed. I do not like wasting my money, especially when it’s $350, which I do not consider pocket change. There isn’t even an attempt at any sort of refund due to the product being damaged. Does Sideshow think I will continue to spend my hard earned money on their defective products when there is no attempt at resolving the issue?

I have been a Sideshow customer for over 7 years now and have literally spent thousands and thousands of dollars with Sideshow, and this is the response I get to a product that should have never been released to the public in the first place that I was unfortunate enough to purchase. It’s becoming very obvious to me that Sideshow is becoming less and less about quality, customer satisfaction, and reputation and more about producing and selling a low quality product for the most amount of profit, customers be damned.

I do not intend to purchase any additional Sideshow items because it has become too risky of a gamble that I will be delivered something that isn’t defective and that Sideshow would be able to resolve my problems if there were any.

Please forward on to anyone who might be interested in what a long time customer is starting to think of Sideshow as a business.

Have a good day.

Scott

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email. Please know that unfortunately due to the release date of this item we no longer have this item in stock. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Please be sure in the future to take advantage of our 30 returns police so that we may get any replacements or refunds out to you as soon as possible.

Sorry again that we are not able to help you this time, but we hope to be able to in the future!
Best regards,

Belen
Returns Representative

HI James. It’s sort of hard to see in the pics, but you may be able to make out how the back foot peg is a good 1/8 to ¼ inch away from the rear hole when the other three holes are lined up. Also, the front foot doesn’t seat all the way down nor does the vine base on Ivy’s left (right vine when viewed from front). I’ve tried for over an hour on multiple attempts after leeting my frustration settle to try and get this statue seated. It’s not a matter of me not doing it correctly, the statue doesn’t fit on the base.

I’m hoping Sideshow can resolve this issue to my satisfaction. I had problems with one of the last pieces I purchased and just dealt with it. I’m quickly losing confidence. Been a customer since 2007.

Thanks for your time.

Scott

Dear Scott,

I am sorry to hear about the flaws to your Poison Ivy Statue. In order to expedite the replacement process, please provide attached .jpg photos of the damage to your item. Please be sure that the flaw is able to be seen clearly. Upon receipt of your photos, I will forward your email over to our Returns Department to investigate your inquiry. We thank you for your patience in this process!

Please feel free to contact us further should you have any question, concerns or if you’d like to purchase a product.

Thank You,

James Cheung

Sideshow Collectibles

I feel for you. I don't know what is going on with their returns department. I have been waiting on a Baroness 1/6 head and hand replacement for two weeks and they keep saying "It's going to be sent out shortly... tomorrow..." and then it never gets sent. Maybe they're overwhelmed with the Batman PF issues but you will hopefully get a replacement shortly. You have rights as a consumer if they don't help you but I'm sure they will. I paid $220 with import fees for a 1/6 fig and I will bug them till I get a replacement for the parts that were flawed. I wouldn't worry though, they are usually great just too many cooks in the kitchen probably right now 'cause of so many issues.

Goddamn it, I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE OPENED IT WITHIN 30 DAYS, quit reminding me. I didn't, and therefore have little to no recourse in this matter, other than *****ing about it openly on this public forum. I'm still deciding if I want to air this out on their Facebook page.

A LOT of stuff is going on in my life right now, and I wasn't able to open it in that time frame. You guys know how time consuming it can be to carefully open and inspect an item. For this particular piece, its the fitting on the base that was the problem, so even if I opened and inspected for damage, this wouldn't have been caught.

My issue is that this was even allowed to ship like this. How does a statue that can't even fit on its base make it past any sort of inspections? Obviously, mine wasn't an isolated incident, yet Sideshow didn't issue any sort of recall or attempt to fix the problem at all.

This is an ongoing problem with this company and they refuse to address the quality issues. I'm done with it. I may still buy a piece once in a rare while for those special pieces I really like, but I'm done with them for the most part. It's just not worth the stress and hassle of trying to receive a quality product. This wasn't always the case. I've had more bad experiences than good experiences with my purchases over the past year or two.

Sorry bro, live and learn. That really sucks. I feel for you and know that these words won't help the matter but sorry this happened to you. They DO need to take a look at what factories they're using and on a positive note, I think they are as they know people won't buy as much if there are too many issues. Hopefully you get things sorted. I don't think Master was attacking, just reminding how important it is to ALWAYS open the box and have a look right away. Sorry buddy... :)

Sorry bro, live and learn. That really sucks. I feel for you and know that these words won't help the matter but sorry this happened to you. They DO need to take a look at what factories they're using and on a positive note, I think they are as they know people won't buy as much if there are too many issues. Hopefully you get things sorted. I don't think Master was attacking, just reminding how important it is to ALWAYS open the box and have a look right away. Sorry buddy... :)

No, I apologize, I didn't think it was an attack, and I'm just frustrated, so I came off a little strong. No offense meant in my response.

Everything you just said about taking a look at their factories, improving QA, etc.... has been discussed many many times before, and yet no changes are made, or at least the same gross mistakes continue to slip through. I don't think they care anymore, not like they used to. It seems to be more about the bottom line than worrying about if an unsatisfied customer will return after a bad experience. Plenty of new suckers to fill the void if they don't return.

No, I apologize, I didn't think it was an attack, and I'm just frustrated, so I came off a little strong. No offense meant in my response.

Everything you just said about taking a look at their factories, improving QA, etc.... has been discussed many many times before, and yet no changes are made, or at least the same gross mistakes continue to slip through. I don't think they care anymore, not like they used to. It seems to be more about the bottom line than worrying about if an unsatisfied customer will return after a bad experience. Plenty of new suckers to fill the void if they don't return.

I have felt the same way at times but they were REALLY slipping for a while: Rogue, Psy, Cobra Commander peeling, Spider W, on and on but they last few releases (except for Bats) have been flaw free. The fact that the Bats Ex opened up stock again was very telling. Sure, there will always be more people wanting to buy but the fact he isn't sold out yet may be telling them "we need to get it together, or people will return/cancel product." I like SS a lot and they do great work and if there quality goes back up then I will be happy. It seems that it has been lately. I'm sure Supes won't have the same issues. If he does, just return it. All good, glad you're feeling a bit better but I agree with you for the most part. :)

I want to buy this but it's sold out everywhere with extreme mark ups :(

Yeah, playing catch up can be hard and expensive. Bet patient and I'm sure you can get a reg for a decent price. Unless you really want the Ex version.
Good luck. She's nice and finding a good one can be harder due to a few having QC problems.

I want to buy this but it's sold out everywhere with extreme mark ups :(

I would like to get her too but the aftermarket prices are really holding me back. And I have seen quite a few issues with her not fitting into the base. I would be really hesitant on buying a brand new one that hasn't been opened before. If there is something wrong with it, or if it doesn't fit in the base, Sideshow couldn't offer you a replacement, so you'd be **** out of luck. You'd be better off buying a used one that has at least been set up and has been checked for flaws or issues.

Goddamn it, I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE OPENED IT WITHIN 30 DAYS, quit reminding me. I didn't, and therefore have little to no recourse in this matter, other than *****ing about it openly on this public forum. I'm still deciding if I want to air this out on their Facebook page.

A LOT of stuff is going on in my life right now, and I wasn't able to open it in that time frame. You guys know how time consuming it can be to carefully open and inspect an item. For this particular piece, its the fitting on the base that was the problem, so even if I opened and inspected for damage, this wouldn't have been caught.

My issue is that this was even allowed to ship like this. How does a statue that can't even fit on its base make it past any sort of inspections? Obviously, mine wasn't an isolated incident, yet Sideshow didn't issue any sort of recall or attempt to fix the problem at all.

This is an ongoing problem with this company and they refuse to address the quality issues. I'm done with it. I may still buy a piece once in a rare while for those special pieces I really like, but I'm done with them for the most part. It's just not worth the stress and hassle of trying to receive a quality product. This wasn't always the case. I've had more bad experiences than good experiences with my purchases over the past year or two.

Whoa, sorry to hear about your ivy. Believe me I had the same feelings when I open my ivy. There was no exchanges or replacements even right after release at that time for most of us. I had to return it otherwise keep her. Their replacement policy was changing at that period for the worst. I was really angry and vented on and on for a long time. I needed her for my collection. But after that I was going to quit collecting because I was so mad. In time I decided to sell of most of my statues because of all the many headaches and time wasted. But I always recommend opening your statues up ASAP to inspect them. Never ever wait. But after those months pass I will say SS has improved their customer service. Who knows what was going on at the ivy release time. Before they respond in weeks and the answer was almost always no replacements. Now I do see the difference. The service seems to be very helpful again. Fast, friendly, and very helpful. They are not perfect, but they have really improved their customer service again. I can really tell the difference now and it makes me feel so much better as a collector knowing they will, back me up if something comes broken. Thanks SS for changing back to the good customer service again. If the 30 days passed then they do have the right to say what they said. It is written in their policy very clear. I'm not taking sides here. Just expressing what I see in my own experience.

I would like to get her too but the aftermarket prices are really holding me back. And I have seen quite a few issues with her not fitting into the base. I would be really hesitant on buying a brand new one that hasn't been opened before. If there is something wrong with it, or if it doesn't fit in the base Sideshow could offer you no replacement, so you'd be **** out of luck. You'd be better off buying a used one that has at least been set up and has been checked for flaws or issues.

Yep i absolutely agree, Sideshow really needs better QC or better return processes cause right now i'm like 60good/40bad with them and 60/40 is pretty bad...

I'm trying to find stock in Australia but the regular here is 700-850 more expensive than Gladiator Hulk

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I feel for you. I don't know what is going on with their returns department. I have been waiting on a Baroness 1/6 head and hand replacement for two weeks and they keep saying "It's going to be sent out shortly... tomorrow..." and then it never gets sent. Maybe they're overwhelmed with the Batman PF issues but you will hopefully get a replacement shortly. You have rights as a consumer if they don't help you but I'm sure they will. I paid $220 with import fees for a 1/6 fig and I will bug them till I get a replacement for the parts that were flawed. I wouldn't worry though, they are usually great just too many cooks in the kitchen probably right now 'cause of so many issues.

Does yours look like this? I just opened mine after seeing your post.

12519753185_920a34d5cc_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a good day.

Scott

Dear Scott,

Best regards,

Belen
Returns Representative

Thanks for your time.

Scott

Dear Scott,

Thank You,

James Cheung

Sideshow Collectibles

Does yours look like this?

12519753185_920a34d5cc_z.jpg

Back