Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I never asked for a replacement head? Wtf? I asked about my cracked chip base and marks on her legs and base plus a new brown shipper because mine was destroyed in shipping. Shocked at not even a partial and no response to my brown shipper box. This is what I got:************* what happen to you SS?

Thank you very much for contacting the returns department with pictures of your Poison Ivy PF. We have compared your images to stock pieces and unfortunately we do not believe we could provide you with a replacement head that would be an improvement. Please keep in mind that these items are hand crafted and are as unique from one another as the characters they bring to life. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.
-
If you feel that you are not fully satisfied with the item you may decide to return your item for a full refund. If this is the case you will receive a separate email which includes an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label.- Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.-
-
Please let us know how you would like to proceed. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.
-
-

Fairly certain they do not replace brown shippers.

Im spending so much money for these and it's just not fun anymore with this no we choose who deserves replacement policy. It's just unfair to collectors who needs certain statues to finish off a line. I have so many more new statues I plan to buy from them. just in one year I've spent so much to build up my collection. I was expecting to pay more for the older statues and not to worry about new statues having issues since SS cs is always top notch if something comes broken. But this has now change for the worst. People will be in for a losing battle when things comes broken. This also makes it impossible for me to complete a full line, as a collector I want my statue not a refund for my order which was placed like a year ago. I guess SS has really changed in my opinion for the worst. I know they don't care so it's time for me to sell off a bunch of statues and only keep a very few. It's no point for me to try to get everything anymore because I will almost never get replacements for future statues. Looks like I won't be buying the many I wanted now and only keep a very few. I will start listing a bunch every week on the freaks site. I will keep pcs, and use my money for more 80s collectibles. I really loved these and wanted so many more but it's not worth all the troubles and headaches of this new policy.

Fairly certain they do not replace brown shippers.

I was recently reading through some SS shipping info as I am expecting my first piece and it said that the point of the brown shipper was to protect the art box and in no way would be replaced if damaged as its purpose is to take the damage and protect whats inside so no luck CBG.

I was recently reading through some SS shipping info as I am expecting my first piece and it said that the point of the brown shipper was to protect the art box and in no way would be replaced if damaged as its purpose is to take the damage and protect whats inside so no luck CBG.

Ah no worries I will just send this thing back to them. Im going to cancel my spider woman right now as well. Im still on the WL! :lol I guess I can't blame SS for cutting corners. It's a business. I just felt it was very unfair to me as a collector. Just my 2 cents.

Is there no end to what CBG wants replacements or refunds for? The brown shipper :cuckoo: What's next? Will you start charging SS money for the time you send checking the statue, the box, the brownshipper and for the time you send mailing and calling them. Should they also refund you the money it's cost you to call them?

Wanting a replacement box that's supposed to protect the box that contains your product? Great logic there... I feel sorry for the Customer Service reps that must deal with this kind of stupidity.

I've just took my Ivy off her base and squeezed her legs together, just to see and it moved about an 1/8 of an inch. I think I could've moved it a little more too. Have you tried to move/bend it yourself to fit her in the base? I think it maybe worth a try. Your peg doesn't seem too far away from the hole.

Some members have mentioned in the past that applying heat from a hair dryer can make polystone more bendable (so to speak). I've never done this myself though. I would just bend it with my hands when the statue is cold.

Again it's worth a try. Please be careful and good luck! ;)

Thanks for your kind words...got an answer and maybe they change the base.No intention if the base is the failure or the the ivy himself.I've tryed to move leg,but its too much space between the hole an the peg (images may not display correctly sometimes). If i can get a new base and can not fix the problem,then i'll try the hair dryer.I'm scared to break the leg....
anyway,thanks again.

Ah no worries I will just send this thing back to them. Im going to cancel my spider woman right now as well. Im still on the WL! :lol I guess I can't blame SS for cutting corners. It's a business. I just felt it was very unfair to me as a collector. Just my 2 cents.

Wait, so let me get this straight. You post 50+ posts about Spider Woman being a "Grail" piece and she's the "best female statue" blah, blah, blah and you don't even own her yet? Are you for real!?

And now you're complaining about replacing a brown shipper box? And there's an idiot out there that calls me "whiny and entitled"? Good one. :clap:rotfl

Thanks for your kind words...got an answer and maybe they change the base.No intention if the base is the failure or the the ivy himself.I've tryed to move leg,but its too much space between the hole an the peg (images may not display correctly sometimes). If i can get a new base and can not fix the problem,then i'll try the hair dryer.I'm scared to break the leg....
anyway,thanks again.

No problem man, hope everything goes well. I figure your's is pretty much perfect except for that pesky base. So hopefully SS sees that and replaces your's soon!

Is there no end to what CBG wants replacements or refunds for? The brown shipper :cuckoo: What's next? Will you start charging SS money for the time you send checking the statue, the box, the brownshipper and for the time you send mailing and calling them. Should they also refund you the money it's cost you to call them?

Wanting a replacement box that's supposed to protect the box that contains your product? Great logic there... I feel sorry for the Customer Service reps that must deal with this kind of stupidity.

Wait, so let me get this straight. You post 50+ posts about Spider Woman being a "Grail" piece and she's the "best female statue" blah, blah, blah and you don't even own her yet? Are you for real!?

And now you're complaining about replacing a brown shipper box? And there's an idiot out there that calls me "whiny and entitled"? Good one. :clap:rotfl

No problem man, hope everything goes well. I figure your's is pretty much perfect except for that pesky base. So hopefully SS sees that and replaces your's soon!

:goodpost: Exactly. He wants a credit or replacement for everything, and everytime he supposedly gets a horrible piece, we hear about it for 20 pages.

Seems like ss is toughening up on their replacement policy. I knew that would happen eventually if collectors started abusing the policy. All good things must come to an end

Seems like ss is toughening up on their replacement policy. I knew that would happen eventually if collectors started abusing the policy. All good things must come to an end

Yeah, well when people ask for a refund or replacement on every single piece they receive, Sideshow will start tightening their belt.

This happens when the fanbase and the company grow too big. You can say its great that despite a bad economy this hobby keeps growing. Then again you also have to deal with the lack of replacements available. That is the other side of letting the good times roll on huge runs of any statue and Sideshow not taking responsibility for smaller and more collectible edition sizes.

More people onboard is not always a good thing. Particularly when they all want perfection on the same T&A statues.

Last edited:
And there's an idiot out there that calls me "whiny and entitled"?

CBG is another ranking entirely but getting your panties in a bunch over a slightly thicker application of drybrushing on one freaking leaf is being "whiny and entitled". You asked what people thought and you got it given to you straight.

No wonder SSC is tightening the belt. This is abusing the system.

Note: I am not saying this is something consistent in your persona. I am just referring to that one time.

Last edited:

For real. People abused their nice policy way too much, trying to get replacements over the most minor of blemishes. It's no wonder Sideshow had to tighten their policies. The worst is that those that abused it to no end are the ones b____ing the most about it.

I don't know why people are going at CBG. The stuff i'v seen people complain about and request exchanges for on here is stupid. CBG just learned from the rest.

I've sent ss items back before for refunds, but this is the first time thry sent me something to switch and send something back with the threat of if they don't receive it in five days they will charge full price for it.

I recieved it on last Wednesday and sent it Thursday. Says they wont get it until this Wednesday. Does ss let you know when they receive it? And how do they gauge 5 days when UPS takes their sweet *** time, or the package could sit on ss dock for a day or two?

Back