Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No love for the original? I own the original, still pretty in my eyes. :wink1:
I had the original but sold it to fund the repaint.
Unfortunately, my original had wonky eyes and a very flat looking face. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I have better luck with the variant.

If u could only buy one PF, Cap Allied Charge or Ivy (either original or variant), which would it be?
Now you're more of a Batman and DC fan but think Cap is cool and realize his investment value...

I got both coming

:lecture same here!

If I could only get one though it would be Cap. But to be fair, I'm more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan and Cap is a bigger character than Ivy is so I might be a little biased.

But thinking objectively, I still think the more impressive, better executed statue is going to be Cap.

Still.....get both!

:lecture same here!

If I could only get one though it would be Cap. But to be fair, I'm more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan and Cap is a bigger character than Ivy is so I might be a little biased.

But thinking objectively, I still think the more impressive, better executed statue is going to be Cap.

Still.....get both!

So I picked up an original Ex, $450 guess Im getting both lol.

So I picked up an original Ex, $450 guess Im getting both lol.

Judging from those China pics, Green Ivy looks awful. Very martian-like. This variant was a terrible idea on Sideshow,s part imo. WW production looks good but Green Ivy is just a money grab and she is not looking good. Sometimes a realistic sculpt does not translate well into comic book green. :(

And I don't recall anyone being quite so venomous with their negative opinion of the original prototype. If it's not to someone's taste, that's all well and good. I don't see how it's necessary to belabor dissatsifaction, other than for personal aggrandizement at the expense of those who disagree.

Judging from those China pics, Green Ivy looks awful. Very martian-like. This variant was a terrible idea on Sideshow,s part imo. WW production looks good but Green Ivy is just a money grab and she is not looking good. Sometimes a realistic sculpt does not translate well into comic book green. :(

This is crazy talk. Green one looks great, many of us agree it looks better than the previous. I usually don't care for variants, but this one is different enough. It may not appeal to everyone, but you can't argue it isn't well done(at least the proto).

...I have the original, it's a great sculpt and I prefer the paint app on it, but this new statue is just as good. It's pretty much the same statue with different flowers and a new color scheme. I've just never liked Ivy green, that's a newer comic convention started in the last 10 years or so. So to those getting the Green congrats, to those keeping the original :duff: She's awesome either way.

This is like people arguing over Which better, player one Red or Player two blue, it's the same effin guy.

...I have the original, it's a great sculpt and I prefer the paint app on it, but this new statue is just as good. It's pretty much the same statue with different flowers and a new color scheme. I've just never liked Ivy green, that's a newer comic convention started in the last 10 years or so. So to those getting the Green congrats, to those keeping the original :duff: She's awesome either way.

This is like people arguing over Which better, player one Red or Player two blue, it's the same effin guy.

aiKE0u6.gif

I prefer the original because I think the skin tone is a nice fit with Harley and the Joker, and it reflects more of the classic Ivy aesthetic. That said, the green one really pops, and depending on in-hand pics, I may very well own both. For me, it's still one of Sideshow's best female sculpts to date, so it's one of those rare times where I might consider a color variant.

gothvill_zps5961caa5.jpg

Back