Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THX pics are awesome! :duff:

I suspected that the light green coloring of the leaves on her body, arms and legs were due to lighting effect but it appears to be highlights due to paint variations. I hope that is the case and it is translated to production pieces as it really makes the statue pop.

Wonderful shots, hope she comes out looking as vibrant.

I wish original Ivy had the same hair and leaf color brightness. It looks so dull...might get it painted.
You totally should if you've got the dosh. Those pro paint-ups are so completely gorgeous.

You totally should if you've got the dosh. Those pro paint-ups are so completely gorgeous.

Really want to, issue is that the previous collector I bought from had glued the vine to her leg. So it's like impossible to box it back up, unless I try to pull it apart. I could also just hand this to another collector [with honesty...] and just grab the Green Ivy, but original looks good with Harley EX head and Catwoman as well. I just prefer the flesh tone.

Get someone to paint it might cost more than it's worth. It might be better to buy this one and sell the old one. Then again, I remember how good the first Ivy looked at SDCC.

Yeah exactly. But like I mentioned on the post above, it will be a little tough to do so. But I do like her hair now that I"m looking at her. The green def. could've been better.

Getting someone to paint it might cost more than it's worth. It might be better to buy this one and sell the old one. Then again, I remember how good the first Ivy looked at SDCC.

I think if you were to just get the green re-done it wouldn't be too bad, honestly the dark green on the Fleshed toned one is about the only part I'd ever consider changing.

Those pictures made me speechless.

Yeah, we all said that when we saw the pics of the original Ivy PF. I think we should all know better by now. No way we get that level of paint apps on the production pieces. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Let's just hope that the green Ivy doesn't have as many issues as the original did.

Yeah, we all said that when we saw the pics of the original Ivy PF. I think we should all know better by now. No way we get that level of paint apps on the production pieces. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Let's just hope that the green Ivy doesn't have as many issues as the original did.

If it does I'll just send it back. I will not accept the old "bait and switch."

At least we have some nice reference material when we all ship our pieces out to private painters. :)

This is Sideshow prior to release date (and we all know what happens next):

post-15882-Indiana-Jones-switching-idol-g-glxZ.gif

I think I like the green better than the original. Either way, I'll have both. :)

At least we have some nice reference material when we all ship our pieces out to private painters. :)

You certainly do. However, a proper repaint by a talented artist could cost more than the statue itself. Someone here paid $750 to repaint their original Ivy PF. Don't get me wrong, it looked even BETTER than the proto pics. However, I couldn't justify dropping those kinds of $$$ on her. I like the character, but not that much.

You certainly do. However, a proper repaint by a talented artist could cost more than the statue itself. Someone here paid $750 to repaint their original Ivy PF. Don't get me wrong, it looked even BETTER than the proto pics. However, I couldn't justify dropping those kinds of $$$ on her. I like the character, but not that much.

I think it can be done for cheaper, just depends on what you want done and who you're getting to paint it.

Back