Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DC stuff will never go up in value, way too mass manufactured. The LOTR stuff had the same ES as DC and never went up in value. Check sold listings on ebay for Batman Ex PF. He sells just slightly north of retail. Sure there are gougers asking for more but those PFs dont sell. That's why I am done with the SS DC line and am keeping my eye on XM collectibles. I like my items to be rarer.

so explain to me again why you aren't over there on their forums sharing your cheery disposition? If your in this hobby for the resale value then your nuts, there are far more reliable ways to make a buck then speculating on statues. For most of us, we are paying for beautiful representations of beloved characters, edition size and resale value doesn't matter.

LOL, just for kicks and giggles I looked up the last few Batman PF exclusives to sell on ebay and found:

$590
$650
$650
$650
$550
$570
$617
$650

with only two including shipping in the sale price. I just love it when people talk out of their a$$ :cuckoo:

Resale value does matter if you ever need to sell but I totally agree with you...
Buy for the love not the potential future value.

When I bought the Hulk Maquette I was well aware there would be no increase in value.
I still bought it because I love it.

The DC stuff will never go up in value, way too mass manufactured. The LOTR stuff had the same ES as DC and never went up in value. Check sold listings on ebay for Batman Ex PF. He sells just slightly north of retail. Sure there are gougers asking for more but those PFs dont sell. That's why I am done with the SS DC line and am keeping my eye on XM collectibles. I like my items to be rarer.
Yes, it will, there are many more collectors of DC than LOTR, although the well done LOTR pieces that have been sold out a while do command a 2-3x retail premium.

Yes, it will, there are many more collectors of DC than LOTR, although the well done LOTR pieces that have been sold out a while do command a 2-3x retail premium.

Batman Reg PF has been in stock forever. If it were really true that so many people wanted him, his PF would have sold out like the Spidey J Scott Campbell Comm long ago (the spidey piece looks great). I believe if Batman PF quality would have turned out better in terms of facial paint and fabric fit, Sideshow would have sold many many more of him. One thing I know is they wont let that poor QC happen again on such a large ES. Supes turned out great thank goodness

In terms of LOTR, none of the LOTR stuff with an ES of 9500 EVER went up in value. Sorry. Sad but true. Check ebay sold listings for proof. :(

You're never gonna lose your shirt on Batman, unless you invested solely in mid '90's Hasbro product.

I'm looking at you, KNIGHT FORCE NINJAS!

Batman Reg PF has been in stock forever. If it were really true that so many people wanted him, his PF would have sold out like the Spidey J Scott Campbell Comm long ago (the spidey piece looks great). I believe if Batman PF quality would have turned out better in terms of facial paint and fabric fit, Sideshow would have sold many many more of him. One thing I know is they wont let that poor QC happen again on such a large ES. Supes turned out great thank goodness
Batman EX will go up in value. The ES for the combined overall run is so large because DC wants these around when other members of JLA come out, and people late to the game can still catch up. With only 9500 ES, these will sell out. He's Batman. Even non-collectors, who today aren't even aware of this statue, and run into it in the future, will buy it. More people world wide are aware of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman than the Marvel characters. Spidey and Hulk and Now thanks to Robert Downey Jr., Ironman are the exceptions.

You're never gonna lose your shirt on Batman, unless you invested solely in mid '90's Hasbro product.

I'm looking at you, KNIGHT FORCE NINJAS!

Yep, even with the trading card Market Dead I still had to pay a bit to get both the Green and Blue Batman Saga of the Dark Knight Sky Discs. Batman tends to be above the norm in terms of sales.

In terms of LOTR, none of the LOTR stuff with an ES of 9500 EVER went up in value. Sorry. Sad but true. Check ebay sold listings for proof. :(
Give it time, the EXs sold out quick and it has not been in stock that long, 6 months is hardly "forever". Also, some of the LOTR 9500ES items increased in value, Sauron is one example.

Give it time, the EXs sold out quick and it has not been in stock that long, 6 months is hardly "forever". Also, some of the LOTR 9500ES items increased in value, Sauron is one example.

Unless SS decides to make a blue Batman :dunno

Back