Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, good luck with that.
The best advice is buy what you love. 'Investing' in polystone isn't really a good idea.

^^THIS. There are a lot of pieces that increase in value after they sell out but not like they used to. You'd have to buy so many to make any real money that it's not worth it. If you've got the money to buy 20 of the same statue to make $100 on each after it sells out you should be investing in something in which your money will continue to work for you. The ES Sideshow releases now pretty much guarantees that if you want one you can get one. Plus, there's no way to accurately predict which pieces will explode in value later. Hot Toys Hawkeye is a perfect example. NO ONE expected that figure to go as high as it's selling for now.

Collecting these figures/statues is a hobby not a retirement plan.

^^THIS. There are a lot of pieces that increase in value after they sell out but not like they used to. You'd have to buy so many to make any real money that it's not worth it. If you've got the money to buy 20 of the same statue to make $100 on each after it sells out you should be investing in something in which your money will continue to work for you. The ES Sideshow releases now pretty much guarantees that if you want one you can get one. Plus, there's no way to accurately predict which pieces will explode in value later. Hot Toys Hawkeye is a perfect example. NO ONE expected that figure to go as high as it's selling for now.

:clap:clap:clap:goodpost::clap:clap:clap

Great post! Not worth the troubles and risk. Also if you check complete PF on the bay. There's more now going for less than retail prices. The bigger ES is killing the aftermarket prices on many of these things. But then there's some that just are not in demand.

I tell my wife that these things drastically rise in price :lol

Only be in this hobby if you love it. If not there's far far better things to invest your money in

I tell my wife that these things drastically rise in price :lol

Only be in this hobby if you love it. If not there's far far better things to invest your money in

That's what I tell my parents. When they say, didn't you say you were selling it, I tell em I sold the exclusive bonus and basically made money back. They slowly believe, and walk away :wink1:

Just turned 21, and still don't know what to do for school. So I go to the local community college which is hell of a lot cheaper, and is actually better than most universities. I do plan to leave within the next 10 months or so. Just need to graduate and I'm out.

So no, I'm not some old dude still with his parents. They just think I spend my money on everything, which they are kind of right lol

Just turned 21, and still don't know what to do for school. So I go to the local community college which is hell of a lot cheaper, and is actually better than most universities. I do plan to leave within the next 10 months or so. Just need to graduate and I'm out.

So no, I'm not some old dude still with his parents. They just think I spend my money on everything, which they are kind of right lol

So you are not actually a Dr. :slap

While its not wise to buy to sell, dont pass thinking you can get it for retail or less on the secondary market either.

So you are not actually a Dr. :slap

While its not wise to buy to sell, dont pass thinking you can get it for retail or less on the secondary market either.
Wish I was a doctor, would'nt earn much though with a PH.D in arts lol.

I think he believes to get almost double for what's it worth. I mean I do occassionally buy just to make an extra 30 to 80 bucks extra, but yeah that's probably max. No way to expect 700 for this green envy one.

Edition Size + Quality + Pose + Popularity of Character helps determine if a statue goes up in price later on... I would say most statues don't and your lucky to break even or maybe make $50 after all the fees ebay and paypal hit you with.

Good example is Storm PF (Great quality, 1000 ES, fairly popular character), I can't seem to give that state away, yet the Mythos Obi-Wan (2000 ES) I bought for $340 is now selling on Ebay for $1200+... The funny thing about the Obi-Wan statue was when it first came out there was a lot of upset over it not coming with a lightsaber attached to his belt so a lot of people cancelled it, now a year goes buy and everyone wants it :)

Anyways from my example you can see it's pretty random even using the formula I showed above...

Last edited:
Edition Size + Quality + Pose + Popularity of Character helps determine if a statue goes up in price later on... I would say most statues don't and your lucky to break even or maybe make $50 after all the fees ebay and paypal hit you with.

Good example is Storm PF (Great quality, 1000 ES, fairly popular character), I can't seem to give that state away, yet the Mythos Obi-Wan (2000 ES) I bought for $340 is now selling on Ebay for $1200+... The funny thing about the Obi-Wan statue was when it first came out there was a lot of upset over it not coming with a lightsaber attached to his belt so a lot of people cancelled it, now a year goes buy and everyone wants it :)

Anyways from my example you can see it's pretty random even using the formula I showed above...

Yeah like the Darth Talon PF. I would never of thought she would be so high on the secondary market. If only I knew back in the day :lol

If only I knew a lot of things back in the day.
If only I had been collecting back in the day. So many older pieces I adore, all north of $600. At least I got the one that planted the seeds of this hobby for just a little bit over retail.

If only I had been collecting back in the day. So many older pieces I adore, all north of $600. At least I got the one that planted the seeds of this hobby for just a little bit over retail.

My first is actually Ivy, and I got her for less than retail...I'm sure I could've gotten an even better deal.....

I do wish I had gone in when Rogue and Psylocke released, but man I'm glad I'm also seeing how expensive they are. Made me solidify what I want to collect and what can be a pass.

The DC stuff will never go up in value, way too mass manufactured. The LOTR stuff had the same ES as DC and never went up in value. Check sold listings on ebay for Batman Ex PF. He sells just slightly north of retail. Sure there are gougers asking for more but those PFs dont sell. That's why I am done with the SS DC line and am keeping my eye on XM collectibles. I like my items to be rarer.

The DC stuff will never go up in value, way too mass manufactured. The LOTR stuff had the same ES as DC and never went up in value. Check sold listings on ebay for Batman Ex PF. He sells just slightly north of retail. Sure there are gougers asking for more but those PFs dont sell. That's why I am done with the SS DC line and am keeping my eye on XM collectibles. I like my items to be rarer.

Then why is it so hard for me to find a Joker PF for a decent price?

Back