Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the nude Poison Ivy looks like a badly botched job but I disagree with most of you that its trashy or bad taste to have a nude statue in the house. Not all of us are married to uptight women or have kids. Just my $0.02

I have nudes too, I just find this one in poor taste. Its not about the human form as most nudes are, this just about making her breasts visable.

I definitely don't want to be the customizer who does a bunch of nudes but man some prices make me rethink it might be worth it once in awhile a Mary Jane campbell comiquette nude just sold for like 3 times retail...I feel like I try and do more work for less profit when it comes to full pieces sometimes

i don't know, only other reason right now I am not ripping off baroness' chest plate and shirt is my wife gives me the stink eye everytime I mention doing nudes...

I actually find this to be hilarious. It seems that you can make some pretty good money on the side just taking the tops off of high end statues of comic book characters and selling them on ebay. I don't really have a problem with it. I mean if that's what you want to spend your money on then go ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have plenty of scantily clad women around the house, but I don't want nudes around the house especially now having a new daughter...and I agree with my wife, she is definitely no prude we have been to many strip clubs together, but like josh says if it is nude to be nude it is a bit tasteless..I would only make nude pieces if I was paid higher than what I would normally charge but I know my wife would be against it.

I actually find this to be hilarious. It seems that you can make some pretty good money on the side just taking the tops off of high end statues of comic book characters and selling them on ebay. I don't really have a problem with it. I mean if that's what you want to spend your money on then go ahead.

That is pretty much what I am saying not extremely hard to strip the area off the breasts of a piece add a bit of clay and repaint and sell two to three times more than retail, much easier than creating a whole new costume and taking probably a lot longer

Actually when it comes to poison ivy I don't really see it as too out there that she would be topless. I mean her character is highly sexualized and uses her sexuality as a weapon so I don't think it's too out of bounds to have a topless version of her. But I agree that the "nude to be nude" statues are off putting.

I have plenty of scantily clad women around the house, but I don't want nudes around the house especially now having a new daughter...and I agree with my wife, she is definitely no prude we have been to many strip clubs together, but like josh says if it is nude to be nude it is a bit tasteless..I would only make nude pieces if I was paid higher than what I would normally charge but I know my wife would be against it.

I'm actually working on getting all my sculpting tools together. I won't shy from nudes when I start but I'd like to do some classical type stuff when it comes to that.

I definitely don't want to be the customizer who does a bunch of nudes but man some prices make me rethink it might be worth it once in awhile a Mary Jane campbell comiquette nude just sold for like 3 times retail...I feel like I try and do more work for less profit when it comes to full pieces sometimes

i don't know, only other reason right now I am not ripping off baroness' chest plate and shirt is my wife gives me the stink eye everytime I mention doing nudes...

Anyone titillated by fictional miniature polystone nipples is in desperate need of a new hobby... I would much rather a set of "Cobray DD .410 guns" for a Punisher statue than a set of bare "Double D guns" on a Poison Ivy statue.

I like hot chicks and I like hot chicks naked.

I see the interest in something like this but that custom is really poor execution. I really don't see how this particular statue would benefit at all from nudity.

If it is ok to enjoy a girl with no clothes then why is not ok to enjoy a statue the same way? I really don't know of any awesome nude statues but I would like to see a couple.

Makes no sense how some guys can act like total dogs regarding slutty/tight/scant outfits but when it comes to actual nudity they try to act like total prudes. :dunno

Too concerned with perceptions of crossing that all important social boundary I guess.

I see the interest in something like this but that custom is really poor execution. I really don't see how this particular statue would benefit at all from nudity.

If it is ok to enjoy a girl with no clothes then why is not ok to enjoy a statue the same way? I really don't know of any awesome nude statues but I would like to see a couple.

Makes no sense how some guys can act like total dogs regarding slutty/tight/scant outfits but when it comes to actual nudity they try to act like total prudes. :dunno

Too concerned with perceptions of crossing that all important social boundary I guess.

There's a few Conan statues with naked chicks which are pretty cool looking, but it fits the subject matter...

I don't know how it is in the sculpting/ customizing biz but I'm in the gaming industry as a character artist and a little while back I had the option of going for a gig at a company that was developing erotic games for oculus rift. Not sure how that will work with Facebook buying them out but it would have been pretty damn lucrative I imagine. Wasn't a sleezy company at all either. These guys were legit and serious about making a quality product...and they were definitely willing to pay their employees top dollar. For me, I just couldn't cross that line. Sort of a once you cross over, you just can't go back. And though I love creating sexy females characters, I could never show off erotic game art in my portfolio. In essence it would have been just for money and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I don't know how it is in the sculpting/ customizing biz but I'm in the gaming industry as a character artist and a little while back I had the option of going for a gig at a company that was developing erotic games for oculus rift. Not sure how that will work with Facebook buying them out but it would have been pretty damn lucrative I imagine. Wasn't a sleezy company at all either. These guys were legit and serious about making a quality product...and they were definitely willing to pay their employees top dollar. For me, I just couldn't cross that line. Sort of a once you cross over, you just can't go back. And though I love creating sexy females characters, I could never show off erotic game art in my portfolio. In essence it would have been just for money and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Why not? Everyone has to pay the bills. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Most people wouldn't judge and many people do freelance gigs. Perhaps consider rethinking it if the job is going to be that lucrative. In this economy, I personally would do it and consider it as an artistic challenge and like you said you wouldn't have to put it in your portfolio if you didn't want. Good luck.

I kind of see where you're coming from but to me, just because you enjoy something doesn't necessarily mean you're going to want it immortalized as a statue and put on your shelf for everyone to see. I enjoy "hot chicks and hot chicks naked" as much as the next guy but I also understand how that could be off putting for some adults and inappropriate for kids so out of respect to the visitors in my home I wouldn't want one.

^ I'm not saying put it on the dining room table... er wait maybe I am?!?!??

No but if you're going to have a Poison Ivy, a Witchblade, a Conan Butt Prize, Heavy Metal, Bikini clad chicks, type of stuff I don't think a little nudity or at least the option in the form of exclusives is an abomination.
I mean just the weirdness of most these things, not even in a sexual sense, is pretty far out there and is why I don't have them displayed in prominent areas. To see my statues means you have to know me pretty well anyways so you would know what I am into. I wouldn't want most people or even my family seeing my Poison Ivy as is as they just wouldn't understand. I don't want this stuff scattered through every room in the house. One weird personal room is enough for me!

All I'm saying is I just don't see a problem with a little nude statue love, but nothing like the Poison Ivy that started this conversation. Just a little cash in on the tease once in a while. I think Wei Ho's Dragon Lady is nudity done well on a statue. I wish Conan's prize had the option.

Hopefully though this itch will get a slight scratch with the new Siren from Sideshow if what Mark Newman seems to be saying pans out.

i love boobs but i wouldn't display a nude statue

honestly, ivy is the first "revealing" piece i have ever purchased and my wife and kids hate it as is, lol

Back