Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is in the truck for delivery! Can't wait and at the same time I'm scared I don't want to get a chameleon. :horror :horror

#485 of the Exclusive Edition has arrived.

Ivy1.jpg

Just a couple of issues, wondering if I should get some feedback...

There appears to be paint crud around Ivy's crotch. Should I be concerned?

Ivy2.jpg

There was a chip on her left foot.

Ivy3.jpg

And maybe I'm being hyper-critical, but is this a googly-eye problem? The picture tells me no, but I wanted other's opinions.

Ivy4.jpg

I liked her... Wish she was easier to get into her base, though.

Last edited:

Ivy1.jpg

Ivy2.jpg

Ivy3.jpg

And maybe I'm being hyper-critical, but is this a googly-eye problem? The picture tells me no, but I wanted other's opinions.

Ivy4.jpg

I would ask for a replacement on the latter two points.

All right, just sent an e-mail to Sideshow CS. I circled the trouble areas since they might not seem immediately apparent. We'll see what they say. Worst case scenario I'll get a credit.... Apply that to Batman.

BTW, you think it's a problem that I could possibly have two SS credits applied to Batman because of less than perfect statues received? Black Widow ($35) and possibly Ivy (I would assume same credit unless I request a full replacement).

I do love the statue... I just hate the little issues. Just little, minor issues. It's a weird feeling, isn't it?

And Yes Ivy its sold out ( reg)...lucky for those that have managed to get one, and it seems that the prices on this are going to go up in the second market. Fantastic piece, best on a female character by SS so far. BUT THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH...Correct me here guys , but is this the first time that a statue has so many flaws , complaints from so many people?? Googly eyes, fitting problems on the base, paint flaws....what happen to the quality control? We know that SS cannot replace any statue as all of them are sold out. Get a refund , that's not good enough for me...SS must start doing some radical changes, otherwise many people wont be happy about it....

And Yes Ivy its sold out ( reg)...lucky for those that have managed to get one, and it seems that the prices on this are going to go up in the second market. Fantastic piece, best on a female character by SS so far. BUT THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH...Correct me here guys , but is this the first time that a statue has so many flaws , complaints from so many people?? Googly eyes, fitting problems on the base, paint flaws....what happen to the quality control? We know that SS cannot replace any statue as all of them are sold out. Get a refund , that's not good enough for me...SS must start doing some radical changes, otherwise many people wont be happy about it....
See Rogue and Spider-Woman... The amounts of complaints there were nothing compared to Ivy. For me, it's a few minor issues from an overall great piece... I just want to see what SSC will do for me.

My Ivy is fantastic. So, it seems to be a specific smaller section of people that have issues.

And maybe I'm being hyper-critical, but is this a googly-eye problem? The picture tells me no, but I wanted other's opinions

The left foot on mine is has far more paint rubbed off than yours. I don't know if it came that or if I did it trying to get the figure jammed into the base, before I realized something needed to be filed down first. I don't care too much about it though, because the area isn't visible under normal circumstances unless you go looking for it. If I ever get around to filling in the belly with leaves, I'll repaint the tip of the foot, otherwise it's not a problem for me.

The crud around the crotch looks minor enough to me that you probably need to have it a few inches away to see it, and you need to go looking for it. It doesn't look like something that will jump out as obvious to you from a reasonable distance away. You know it's there now so you may focus on it unnaturally, but once this thing has lost it's new car smell, you should be able to easily look past it and not have it bother you.

The left foot on mine is has far more paint rubbed off than yours. I don't know if it came that or if I did it trying to get the figure jammed into the base, before I realized something needed to be filed down first. I don't care too much about it though, because the area isn't visible under normal circumstances unless you go looking for it. If I ever get around to filling in the belly with leaves, I'll repaint the tip of the foot, otherwise it's not a problem for me.

The crud around the crotch looks minor enough to me that you probably need to have it a few inches away to see it, and you need to go looking for it. It doesn't look like something that will jump out as obvious to you from a reasonable distance away. You know it's there now so you may focus on it unnaturally, but once this thing has lost it's new car smell, you should be able to easily look past it and not have it bother you.

Oh I agree. It's just one of those pestering issues. You know? I could easily touch up the foot and I could learn to ignore the crud around the crotch, but again, I'm seeing what my options are. The eyes.... I keep looking at them and I'm wondering if I'm LOOKING for the googily eye effect.

I wouldn't be upset with a $35 credit, though, if they won't replace it. But I want to see what my options are. I think she came out great otherwise. Compared to paint jobs I've gotten from other statues in my day, this one was fairly epic.

And Yes Ivy its sold out ( reg)...lucky for those that have managed to get one, and it seems that the prices on this are going to go up in the second market.

At the SSC website, the regular is shown as having a wait list, which is not the same thing as sold out in the world of Sideshow. The statue turned out great but still surprising to me if Sideshow has gone through so many so quickly - 1500 exclusive plus 2500 regular?

At the SSC website, the regular is shown as having a wait list, which is not the same thing as sold out in the world of Sideshow. The statue turned out great but still surprising to me if Sideshow has gone through so many so quickly - 1500 exclusive plus 2500 regular?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they put it on waitlist status till the replacement phase of the EX dies down.

Back