Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big difference between someone that collects things and moves pieces on every now and again to make room for new stuff and a fipper who buys purely to sell at profit.

does it mean I can't be a genuine collector if I sell some of my stuff from time to time? :dunno

Iv been collecting at least 20 years and sell from time to time. I think he was getting at there being many people who r obsessed over price potential now. But I think that's part of the game, we all take risk, sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. I'm passing on Harley because I think she has high risk but its my decision. I don't think it makes me any less a collector

I Think What Hes Sayin is that A "Genuine Collector" Is A Collector That Just Collects To Collect,Not For Price Inflation Or Flipping. I Liked To Say That Im A "Genuine collector" As I Collect Simply For The Love Of The Characters. Yet feel iF A Collector Sells A Statue He/She Is Still.A Genuine Collector As Well. Its The Ones Who Have Become Collectors Simply DueThe Secondary Market price Inflation And Not Becuase They Truly Care For The Passion Of Collecting. Just My Two Cents And Pardon The Caps My Cell Keypads Malfunctioning.

Big difference between someone that collects things and moves pieces on every now and again to make room for new stuff and a fipper who buys purely to sell at profit.

If one buys things to only to resell them them they aren't collecting at all, they're buying to resell. To collect something you actually have to buy more than one and keep them by definition. So anyone who doesn't buy multiple items of the same genre/line/facet/whatever you want to call it, and keep them isn't a collector at all.

If one buys things to only to resell them them they aren't collecting at all, they're buying to resell. To collect something you actually have to buy more than one and keep them by definition. So anyone who doesn't buy multiple items of the same genre/line/facet/whatever you want to call it, and keep them isn't a collector at all.

What if you buy and keep what you like and buy other stuff to flip so you can afford to buy and keep what you like?

Apologise if the verbiage I used was not right.

Just that lately I have seen people talking more about the market value of a collectible than about the collectible itself. Of course it is not wrong in any way but I feel that the passion for collecting is getting lost.

akira10 and Collectorcol have rightly put what I wanted to say.

I was not being judgemental and certainly did not want to bring up an unnecessary debate. :peace

Apologise if the verbiage I used was not right.

Just that lately I have seen people talking more about the market value of a collectible than about the collectible itself. Of course it is not wrong in any way but I feel that the passion for collecting is getting lost.

akira10 and Collectorcol have rightly put what I wanted to say.

I was not being judgemental and certainly did not want to bring up an unnecessary debate. :peace

No need to apologise.
No true collector likes a flipper. These people snap up items, before the collectors who really want them get chance to purchase at retail, just to make a profit out of the true collectors. :lecture

im sure i can't be the only one that knows this, but im putting it here just for the heck of it. Ivy's shipment came in yesterday and the lady i talked to at sideshow said some ivy's will be shipped today, and the rest next week!! im so excited, i cant wait to see her box design...and well...her of course!!

She just arrived at my desk. Beautiful sculpt ruined by a horrible fat fingered paint job on the leg vines (remember Ayala Secura?). I'll put up a review hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.

She just arrived at my desk. Beautiful sculpt ruined by a horrible fat fingered paint job on the leg vines (remember Ayala Secura?). I'll put up a review hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.

Crap...if have the time maybe you can post a quick pic.

Let's just keep things in perspect and yours is only one statue so far that had a problem with the leg vines, anything else wrong as far as the face, hair ect? I could see how some of the leg vines might be troublesome to hand paint. Can you provide camera phone pics?

Back