Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like better advice to me. The people who have to hide their hobby from their significant other or kids really baffle me :lol

This isn't a case about hiding your hobby, its about losing a part of your household income and dropping $400 on a half naked statue covered in leaves.

I'm sure my wife would b sad so it also has to do with compassion

This isn't a case about hiding your hobby, its about losing a part of your household income and dropping $400 on a half naked statue covered in leaves.

I'm sure my wife would b sad so it also has to do with compassion

:goodpost::exactly:

I know if I lost half my household income, which my wife brings in, my POs would have to go:lecture... Not because I couldn't afford them persay, but because I wouldn't sacrifice things like paying for my kids educations so I could buy statues.

Last edited:
Or maybe grow a pair.

LOL!!!!

:goodpost::exactly:

I know if I lost half my household income, which my wife brings in, my POs would have to go:lecture... Not because I couldn't afford them persay, but because I would sacrifice things like paying for my kids educations so I could buy statues.

Screw that let the kids pay for their own education!!! ;)

LOL!!!!

Screw that let the kids pay for their own education!!! ;)

Hmmm go to start making them work and learn how to survive and work for their own things. I had to do the same myself. Worked long hard hours every summer to pay my own school bills and rent etc. :clap

Last edited:
Sounds like better advice to me. The people who have to hide their hobby from their significant other or kids really baffle me :lol

Yeah it's a fine line sometimes. My ex wife started out tolerating my hobby and by the marriage's end, hated it. Her argument wasn't that it was taking away from house bills, but not going into her pocket directly to disperse as she saw fit.

Now that I'm single again, no more of that noise.

All about priorities. As much as I love collecting statues, I wouldn't if I weren't saving properly for me and my family first. If the time ever comes when this hobby is cutting into my family's future and well being, I will quit and or sell my collection to get back on track. As of now, I'm enjoying it cuz I can.

Back