Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard they fixed the rubber on newer controllers. I don't know if Sony would replace it for you. I do know that people have been buying Xbox nubs to replace it. You just slip it on

the rubber on my controller "left analog stick" is gone .. the right stick is tearing .

I finally have a small tear on the left stick of my original controller. I bought a new controller over the holidays though for a second back up, and can confirm that the rubber and texture is different from the originals. Seems a bit more durable and tougher. But I like the fact it has a texture on it for better thumb grip.

The original just feels too smooth and can almost sense that these would break down eventually from the oils in your skin.

Sony revealed a new Project Morpheus prototype today. Specs are a step up from the first, with a big improvement to the screen especially. It's rocking a 5.7 inch 1080p (res is "meh", but that was to be expected on console) RGB( this will help with res as it gives a denser pixel grid for a sharper, smoother image) oled screen (oled is big because it allows for low persistence..a tech that keeps the image from smearing when you look around.) with a whopping 120 hz refresh rate. That was the big surprise and it basically means that it will be capable of displaying up to 120 fps. Thats awesome for VR. It has 100 degree fov (not too bad) and a very impressive 18 ms latency. That just means that when you look around, there's no perceivable lag and it just feels smooth and natural. Anything above 20 ms can be perceived by the brain.

The release has an eta of Q2 2016. That's a bummer since I was hoping for this year, but the tech is looking good and Sony seems to taking it seriously and trying to get it right before release. No mention of specific software in the works, but they said that more would be shown at E3.

The guy who tried it from Kotaku says its the best VR yet. The battle for supremacy continues..

Yeah, it's been getting good responses. As fa as the battle goes, Sony wins by default I think. They'll have the only VR hmd on consoles. It looks like MS is going a different way, so Sony wins if VR is as successful as people are expecting.

True that. Sony was supporting Oculus once upon a time. I'm curious how well they do. And what they're doing with Facebooks 2 million

True that. Sony was supporting Oculus once upon a time. I'm curious how well they do. And what they're doing with Facebooks 2 million

Oculus has been busy since Facebook. They hired a bunch of smart people, they started a movie studio for VR film making and they showed off a new prototype called Crescent Bay that they're currently demoing. Hopefully launches the Rift this year, but they might not announce that until E3.

Does the average gamer even care about jumping around with VR crap? I like to sit my ass down and vegetate on the sofa at the end of a day.

Another dust gatherer like 3D glasses and kinect.

Does the average gamer even care about jumping around with VR crap? I like to sit my ass down and vegetate on the sofa at the end of a day.

Another dust gatherer like 3D glasses and kinect.

You should try it before trashing it. It tends to convert people once they experience it. And no, it's nothing like 3d or kinect. Look at the reviews, previews and hands on impressions. They're almost all glowing. Do you recall 3d or Kinect ever getting glowing reviews? Did anyone ever really care about 3d gaming or even motion controls? Not that I recall. Almost everyone who tries VR likes it.

As far as sitting on your ass, you'll still be able to do that in many games. Not all, but many. Besides, there's room for both types of gaming. "vegging" and more involved forms.

I wasnt comparing vr to 3d, i was just lumping them together as stuff i may never need. Im extremely techy, my career gets me into the best of the best of electronics. Until i actually check a vr out i really am very passive about it. If you love it i wouldnt dream of downing it on you. I hope you really love it, honestly.

I wasnt comparing vr to 3d, i was just lumping them together as stuff i may never need. Im extremely techy, my career gets me into the best of the best of electronics. Until i actually check a vr out i really am very passive about it. If you love it i wouldnt dream of downing it on you. I hope you really love it, honestly.

I was specifically replying to Irvy's comment, so no issue there. You're reserving judgement and that's all I ask of everyone. People are a bit too fast to dismiss VR and they owe it to themselves to experience it with their own eyes before making a final call. I believe it can and will surprise many who are already convinced it's not for them.

People were excited about this new tech too when it was unveiled.

ec0235600fb4805992205424fae7202e.jpg

Looking around could be quite cool.
I haven't turned my machine on for a couple months...

I like to sit my ass down and vegetate on the sofa at the end of a day.

This I agree with. I like to be lazy when I game. I've tried the Kinect and thought the technology was cool, just not my thing.

I'm always interested in what new thing will come out, I just usually have no need for it.

Back