Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I bet that stung a bit.

Believe it or not all but $23 was trade ins. I'm a power member at GameStop. I signed up and waited for a trade in deal. Right now you get an extra 50% for trade ins when you buy pre owned games. What they don't tell you is everything gets boosted to 50% even if you buy only 1 cheap preowned game. So I bought some monkey game for $2.99 and it ran up the trade ins. Take that gamestop. :yess::rotfl

They clearly knew what I was pulling when they were wrapping up my space monkey game. :rotfl

For example I traded in GTA 5 and got $50.

I've got the PS3 version of Lego Marvel on pre-order for £27 i want cancel and get it on PS4 but it's £50, at nearly double the price i can't justify it.

Getting BF4 and Killzone SF on PS4, thinking i might get AC4 to break up it being all FPS

Believe it or not all but $23 was trade ins. I'm a power member at GameStop. I signed up and waited for a trade in deal. Right now you get an extra 50% for trade ins when you buy pre owned games. What they don't tell you is everything gets boosted to 50% even if you buy only 1 cheap preowned game. So I bought some monkey game for $2.99 and it ran up the trade ins. Take that gamestop. :yess::rotfl

They clearly knew what I was pulling when they were wrapping up my space monkey game. :rotfl

Not too shabby. I dont go into Gamestop much these days. If I had anything to trade, I might do the same.

I've got the PS3 version of Lego Marvel on pre-order for £27 i want cancel and get it on PS4 but it's £50, at nearly double the price i can't justify it.

Getting BF4 and Killzone SF on PS4, thinking i might get AC4 to break up it being all FPS

Classic "new console" bs. Everything costs more because its "new". It might be worth it for some games, but something like Lego Marvel is probably not one of them. It probably got a rez bump and thats about it.

I've done the same thing in the past, when Defiance came out. Walked in with trades, they rang em up and asked what I wanted and I said "The cheapest used game you have." It was Madden 05 for 1.99. Used the rest on Defiance like a boss.

PS4 is fine, though I think if Microsoft hadn't screwed up so much people wouldn't be so positive--only 2 exclusive games at launch, and now you have to pay a fee for multiplayer. Those are pretty big

PS4 is fine, though I think if Microsoft hadn't screwed up so much people wouldn't be so positive--only 2 exclusive games at launch, and now you have to pay a fee for multiplayer. Those are pretty big

More than two exclusives, considering Resogun and Contrast are available on PSN. XBone doesn't have that many more exclusives either (I think one more, as I'm thinking that Rome game is gonna be awful and people won't wanna count that). And at least the fee for Sony multiplayer results in quality free games every month from Sony, which is something that Microsoft can't say they do.

Contrast isn't exclusive, and Resogun is a very simple arcade game--doesn't count.

Xbox One has Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and some Kinect sports game.
The Kinect game doesn't matter of course, but the others are very solid releases. There's no reason to think Ryse is going to be bad, and people certainly aren't counting that out, it might be the biggest Xbox One exclusive.
Microsoft is also giving free games with their service, and while you do have to pay for Xbox Live to get some apps that were free on Playstation, Xbox also has more apps (like HBO Go).
And of course the free games and discounts don't matter unless it's a game you want. You also lose access to those games on PSN if you stop paying, and you don't get them back. Xbox Live you keep them.

Contrast isn't exclusive, and Resogun is a very simple arcade game--doesn't count.

The Kinect game doesn't matter of course, but the others are very solid releases. There's no reason to think Ryse is going to be bad, and people certainly aren't counting that out, it might be the biggest Xbox One exclusive.
Microsoft is also giving free games with their service, and while you do have to pay for Xbox Live to get some apps that were free on Playstation, Xbox also has more apps (like HBO Go).
And of course the free games and discounts don't matter unless it's a game you want. You also lose access to those games on PSN if you stop paying, and you don't get them back. Xbox Live you keep them.

I didn't know Contrast was multiplat. My mistake.

You forgot Killer Instinct for XBone, which after Forza is possibly the biggest release. Ryse, from everything I've read, could easily be awful or shockingly be decent. I've read more articles saying it could be bad than good though.

The difference between the free games is that Sony's are fairly recent and Microsoft's aren't. I think that's a fairly big deal. I'm not worried about the media stuff.

While I do support Playstation first, I'm gonna end up buying an XBone early next year, so I'm not bashing or anything.

As long a a game is bound to your PSN account you regain access to it once you re sub to PS+. Which is why whenever PS+ updates its best to just bind all the free stuff.

Also just to add neither system has a great launch lineup really a bunch of cross platform and current gen games. The only major reason to get a PS4 being Killzone, with Xbone being Forza, Ryse and Dead Rising (though of the 3 this is the one I'm skeptical about Capcom have made some weird decisions recently.) But it doesn't matter both will have great launches I think PS4 may simply outnumber XBox in terms of number made, but that's about it for now.

Last edited:
Long term, both will be worth owning.

:goodpost: Both will have there pro's & con's. Right now for me game wise Killzone on Ps4 & Titanfall on One. I think we'll find the Xbox to have the better software & will be a better media centre which personally I'll never use but the Ps4 has the more power & games will look better. I always found Xbox to perform better online compared to Playstation but this is a new Gen so we'll see how that goes when we get our new consoles.

Yes I do think microsoft have very much played into Sony' s hands but at the end of the day, it again will come down to exclusives. The x box does have better launch titles and like previous stated , I think allot of people are looking forward to Killer Instinct. I think Sony will probably start upping the ante early 2014 which is when il pick mine up.
I know both machines are looking into backward compatibility so hopefully that will not be to far away.
I really like the look of killzone on the ps4, hoping one of my mates will pick it up so I can play that.
If Microsoft do manage to self destruct the way they have already shown, it will be very bad for the game industry imo. We need both machines going head to head, pushing each other and locking down there exclusives.

Back