Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm not going to compare until when I see them both for my self & I can't wait. I'm expecting it to be the same as the last Gen were both consoles will have there pros & cons over each other. Your not going to get an honest opinion right now though from anywhere. The gaming press are definitely favouring the Ps4. Sites like IGN are even writing articles from members of Neogaf which is mental & these unnamed sources saying the Xbox is a mess all stem from Neogaf. It's crazy when you think about it, how people can get so attached to a brand & have to hate its nearest rival, it baffles me. It brings back memories of the Hot Toys fanboys hating on Enterbay when they just started getting into western licences. Fanboys need to understand that competition is good, it pushes company's to try harder to make the best product they can to either stay ahead or catch there rival up.

I still say you need both consoles though. I love gaming & both consoles have some awesome exclusives which I just don't want to miss out on.

I still say you need both consoles though. I love gaming & both consoles have some awesome exclusives which I just don't want to miss out on.

Im with you on this. I might wait a little on the One, but im definitely getting both. I dont know how you can be a gamer and not want to play everything... assuming you can afford it of course.

Im with you on this. I might wait a little on the One, but im definitely getting both. I dont know how you can be a gamer and not want to play everything... assuming you can afford it of course.

Yeah to be honest most people should be able to afford both. Not at once but eventually. Unless your a kid relying on your parents to buy your stuff

Yeah to be honest most people should be able to afford both. Not at once but eventually. Unless your a kid relying on your parents to buy your stuff

Lol, alright Mr. Moneybags, why let things like food, shelter, and family get in the way. :slap

Lol, alright Mr. Moneybags, why let things like food, shelter, and family get in the way. :slap

Its a fairly safe assumption. Especially on this board. We are collectors of high priced toys afterall. I just bought a Batman figure that cost more than the ps4 lol.

I cancelled mine for now. Still got lots to do on the PS3 anyway.

And I'm at the point too, where worrying about slightly better graphics here or there, or PC is always going to win, is getting tiresome for me.

It's the GAME that matters to me and the fun and the story.
I had no issues at all playing Last of Us, GTAV, and Beyond Two Souls on the PS3.

If the PS4 steps that up even a bit more, then it's a win win for me.
Cause I'm happy with where graphics in games are now anyway.

I've only got an ordinary job. My wife doesn't work, I've got a little boy & a new baby due on the 11th this month :yess:

But I presume if I can do it I'm sure most people can if they really want to & I did say eventually. I don't mean go & get them both on launch.

with these specs of PS4 and Xbox one .. will we still get bad FPS? or Screen tearing in games? (During fast action movement or populated area)?

with these specs of PS4 and Xbox one .. will we still get bad FPS? or Screen tearing in games? (During fast action movement or populated area)?

Like any hardware, that will depend entirely on the developer. Im sure we're going to see the same problems this coming gen that we've always seen. More powerful hardware makes better fps and less tearing easier to manage, but devs will always be pushing things like texture detail, more complex geometry, dynamic lighting and real time physics. Things that are particularly demanding on the hardware. It's a case of what the devs choose to prioritize and sacrifice.

Right, devs might choose to push the graphics as far as they can at the expense of framerate--so they might be OK with 30FPS and 720p if it looks the way they want. But some might require 60FPS and 1080p and design their graphics with that in mind.

The previous hardware was technically the same way, they're capable of rendering at 1080p 60FPS but only a few games did that, many games didn't even get 720p.

Not really.

I recently worked too hard to get my trophies lol
As much as I want to change my name, I don't want to lose my history game log of what I accomplished. That's the other thing I use the trophy thing for. ITs a record of my gaming and accomplishments.

My goal was to get myself up to level 12 before the PS4 and I succeeded.

Back