Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well thats just stupid, that is my primary use as well. You also have to download something to use it as a blu ray or dvd player.

That's just crazy.
Not being able to use the PS4 as a media player... that's taking a step backwards for consoles.

Not necessarily, with the way Microsoft has been focusing more on turning the XBone into a media machine that can also play games, I think Sony is trying to appeal to 'gamers' by stating that the primary purpose of the PS4 is a gaming console. Especially at a crucial launch like this, I am definitely swaying more towards the PS4 even though I have both systems ordered.

And if they so choose, media player capability is always something that Sony can be work into the system in an update down the road after the launch window has passed.

For those worried about the PS4 media capability, the XBox One is the same if not worse with no media streaming as well but will charge fees to access your own music through the One.

https://blogs.seattletimes.com/brie...ft-expands-music-service-but-limits-xbox-one/

But Microsoft made a concession to openness, with a backdoor on the first two versions of the Xbox. That enabled people to use the console to display and access content they owned outright and had stored on PCs in the home.

Unfortunately, that door has been removed from the Xbox One. Last week the company confirmed that the console won’t come with the “media extender” feature that enabled people to use the console to stream music, photos and video from a PC.

So far we mostly have details how the Xbox One handles music. It turns out that it will not be able to play music you own and have stored on a PC or home network, at least not directly and without a fee.

“For now it’s a $10 subscription per month on the console to get access to that,” Porter (left) said, adding that more options may come after the Xbox One is launched.

In other words, if you want to play your music collection through the console’s default music app, you’ll have to subscribe to the premium version of the app, which costs $10 per month or $100 for a yearly subscription.

Then you can upload your music collection to Microsoft’s cloud storage service, and stream it back to the console via the Internet.

That’s in addition to the $60 per year that you must pay for premium Xbox Live Gold membership to use the music app in the first place.

Why? It’s partly because the company is still new to this stuff and figuring out what capabilities to include. The initial emphasis is on building a tight, crisp service and not one with loopholes and extensions.

But the company also is trying to get more people to subscribe to its online services, which will make more money per user than a console or operating system that’s replaced every five years.

Maybe I’m too old-fashioned, but I’ve watched Microsoft spend more than a decade encouraging people to use their PC as the hub of their digital life. For a while it even said families should have servers at home to securely store and stream their music, photos, videos and files.

Now it would prefer that you move that hub to a Microsoft data center, accessible for only $10 per month.

This is the path that beckons in a closed garden.

looks to me like there is little reason to buy either system at this time. Thats going to save me a ton of cash.

PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4 is superior to Xbox One
New videos and analysis prove that the PS4 version of BF4 is the best one when it comes to next-gen consoles.

OCTOBER 30TH, 2013 IN NEWS, VIDEOS

Battlefield 4 is out on PC and current generation systems, and will soon be available on next generation consoles as well. And if you’re still undecided on which console to buy, rest assured that Battlefield 4 runs better on the PS4.

According to reviewers (who already have next-gen versions of Battlefield 4), the game is best experienced on the PS4, both when it comes to visual quality, resolution, and framerate. Battlefield 4 runs at a higher resolution on the PlayStation 4, at 900p, compared to just 720p on the Xbox One.

Furthermore, the PS4 version features a higher overall framerate as well. Eurogamer ran a comprehensive test of Battlefield 4 on PS4 and Xbox One, and as expected, the PS4 version came out on top. They even released a video comparing the two versions, and while you have to look closely for any difference, it’s there.

This isn’t a big surprise — the PS4 graphics processor is 50% faster than the one in the Xbox One. We’d be genuinely surprised if DICE didn’t take advantage of that.

[ame]https://youtu.be/8XqWRACk2zY[/ame]

This is just fanboy bait, really. If youre buying a One these slight performance hits arent going to dissuade you and unless youre playing them side by side, the differences wont have any effect on your enjoyment of the game.

This is just fanboy bait, really. If youre buying a One these slight performance hits arent going to dissuade you and unless youre playing them side by side, the differences wont have any effect on your enjoyment of the game.

Ie; I'm buying the PS4 version, wouldn't be caught dead with the X1 version! :rotfl

Ie; I'm buying the PS4 version, wouldn't be caught dead with the X1 version! :rotfl

Thats a bit much, no?

After watching the video, the One version looks a little better at times because once again, the contrast and color saturation is making everything pop. Not sure why that keeps happening in these comparison vids.

NOT happy about not bring able to play music on PS4.

I use my PS3 as my stereo, got tracks all in their organised to listen to.

Stupid not to have that back :mad:

1376587_10151804945682804_1385326579_n-300x258.jpg

Though there have been a few missteps on Sony’s behalf from the recent FAQ post riddled with mistakes of no MP3 support, No DLNA support, and a few other features that are not available at launch. We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

Legacy headset support
Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
Suspend and resume play feature
DLNA support for media such as (streaming Mp3, Videos etc.)

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update. Also these details were hinted today when Shuhei Yoshida made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback. With this news being provided Those these features are a definite step in the right direction. We were still unable to confirm future external hard drive support for media or game data would be supported later on. lastly we’re still waiting to hear if there will be future YouTube support for video sharing.

Thats a bit much, no?

After watching the video, the One version looks a little better at times because once again, the contrast and color saturation is making everything pop. Not sure why that keeps happening in these comparison vids.

I know I thought the Ps4 version was on the right at first? We'll have to wait & actually see them for yourselves though.

5ezapasu.jpg

3uga7ure.jpg

tu7a7e3u.jpg

I couldn't careless about the Ps4 not playing mp3's though, I've got iTunes to do that.

I do prefer the look of the xbone version overall aswell. Depends on preference but I like the more colourful sharper look.
Ps4 will no doubt excel in other areas.

:lecture That's actually very close. Differences are noticeable only when doing A-B comparisons... but who ever plays video games like that anyway?

What I would like to know is the framerates the XboxOne was getting. Did it have more dips in performance?

I hate playing when there's a lot going on and the frame rate starts to stutter. That's when you get nailed by someone. :mad:

:lecture That's actually very close. Differences are noticeable only when doing A-B comparisons... but who ever plays video games like that anyway?

What I would like to know is the framerates the XboxOne was getting. Did it have more dips in performance?

I hate playing when there's a lot going on and the frame rate starts to stutter. That's when you get nailed by someone. :mad:

Iv seen 2 vids of 2 multiplayer levels and couldnt see any issues. Time will tell. But it better bloody hurry up :impatient:

Back