Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the most boring things I've watched in a long time.

Nothing ground breaking.

They didn't even show us what it looks like. :lol

Will wait for the 720.

New games= diablo 3, granted its a port.
Watch dogs
Deep down
Driveclub
Knack
Infamous second son.

New games, gameplay of said games, the console itself, a demo of this new controller, etc.

We did see new games. We saw a little gameplay. We saw the controller. We now know it's going to be called the Playstation 4. Up until today, it's all been speculation. The console if they showed one, would just be a placeholder anyway I'm guessing.

I think this was a very smart move by Sony. Why share the spotlight at E3 when you can get everyone's attention focused solely on you?

It will be interesting to see what platform third party developers will make their games on. That hurt the PS3 a little by them porting games to the PS3. We may see a switch back to Sony. Time will tell.

I dont think everyone quite appreciates the spec side of this announcement and what the potential is for it yet heh.

And I don't expect many people to get excited over spec sheets. Most just want to see how it translates onto the screen. But on that account, I think they showed some graphically impressive games today, real-time or otherwise. Killzone, Capcom's Deep Down, the Quantic Dream old guy render, etc etc. A good amount of impressive stuff.

I was a bit let down that there wasn't a console reveal, but like the Dual Shock 4, I doubt hardware shown or not shown today was the final iteration anyway.

It's cool to know that it's official, but no price or release date? Damn, they must be holding it back for E3. It sounds great, and I'll definitely be watching ever closely, but one of the highlights, for me, had to be that little glimpse of a "WB Games" logo in the collage of all of their various partners. Just the thought of having a next-gen Gotham City at my fingertips has me hot under the collar. Granted, I'm probably over thinking it, but I'm one of those in the camp that believes that the only reason we haven't seen anything new from Rocksteady is because they were developing for the next gen.

well I am getting out of this thread before it becomes a fanboy war between PS4 AND 720 all I have to say is I will buy both consoles and continue playing pc games as well.

It will be interesting to see what platform third party developers will make their games on. That hurt the PS3 a little by them porting games to the PS3. We may see a switch back to Sony. Time will tell.

Since the parts they're using isn't proprietary like the innards of the PS3, the PS4 should be much more enticing to third-party developers. I'm expecting multi-platform games to perform about the same this time.

Haha okay captain "pc ultimate gundam ball warrior"!!!!!!! Pot meet kettle.

Seriously there is no debate with serious gamers. Most people will buy them all. I will and I'm sure others will.

Since the parts they're using isn't proprietary like the innards of the PS3, the PS4 should be much more enticing to third-party developers. I'm expecting multi-platform games to perform about the same this time.

This is a huge plus for Sony. Personally I feel the PS3's power was just not used to its potential by third party's.

Deep Down and Watch Dogs look very cool. Deep Down wasn't real I dont think..at least not actual game footage. The graphics were legit, I'm sure. Watch Dogs has a lot of potential from a gameplay perspective. They've made two perfect trailers for that game now.

Yeah PS3 was never fully exploited, hopefully that won't happen with the PS4. I expected more, but I'm glad to see it's know it's finally happening. It gives me time to save up just for that.

This is a huge plus for Sony. Personally I feel the PS3's power was just not used to its potential by third party's.

Indeed, because the thing was so difficult to develop for. I'll be honest, when it came to playing multi-platform games, I usually went with the 360 or PC over the PS3 because of performance.

Hopefully because the parts inside the PS4 are more common, off-the-shelf, it'll both keep games on an equal footing while keeping the hardware cost down. If the thing is $600 again, I'll wait it out.

Back