Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks better in motion.

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

iSylqprP2LVet.gif

From a micro level, I suppose the texture maps on the character models could be more detailed, a bit sharper, but then again we're more than 7 months out.

The game did look far from finished, as a few animations weren't done yet. (The one soldier walking down the steps being one of them) All in all I'm highly impressed by the viewing distance, the amount of stuff happening on screen such as reflections up the ***, blinking lights, random aircrafts (with trails), smoke/clouds, flapping strap on the aircraft, dynamic lighting, billboards, etc and run this nicely.

All these talk about having all these social features bored me to death! I just want to play my game uninterrupted and want my privacy! I will do what I can to turn off every social feature once I get this console anyways. Sony is just going to wait for E3 to try to steal some of the Xbox's thunder, but I won't care too much because I am getting both anyways.

I miss the times I'd be sitting on the couch with my buds playing some games and tell others about the games at school. Now we can tell eachother through the console. Internet and gaming has already fudged with our social lives so much, and now they're making it even easier not to give you a reason to go outside. I don't have friends on my gaming stuff for the simple reason that I don't want to get bombarded with requests to join their game of Far Cry or Black Ops or Fifa or whatever when I'm clearly playing something else. And they said, people can "take your controller"? Uh, I bought the game. I want to play it. If I want someone to play it for me, I'll watch a playthrough, or go to a friend's place to watch. How likely is it for someone to let a friend "play the part for you" instead of quickly going on Google, type in the game and level and read/watch a walkthrough?

This social media BS needs to stop, it's taking away too much social interaction and contact. If only you'd know how much I have to nag to get my friends to go hang out, compared to a few years back. It's mental.

And the spectating thing just makes me worried. People can watch your game AND yourself through that camera while you're gaming, I don't play for an audience. All these features should just be downloadables. Gives us, who don't want that, more HDD space and gives the people who want it the chance to get what they need exactly.

EDIT: to add, they said the streaming thing will be to friends. So I'm guessing you can only use ustream with people on your friendslist. Ugh.

And you can't play PS3 games. What am I supposed to do with my collection? I'm betting to play games you have, you pay again to play it through the cloud service.

The racing game also sounds very MMO. You can (only?) go in clubs, but what if I rather race alone?

Tl;dr: Too much social media BS and games seem to rely on playing with friends too much IMO.

Last edited:
It would be ridiculous to announce a price at this point. The last thing Sony wants people to ask is "is it worth it?" LONG before they reveal all the features and such that give it its value.

Andy Levy ✔ @andylevy

I hope I'll be able to turn off all of these social features on the #PS4. If I wanted to be social I wouldn't be playing videogames.
11:33 PM - 20 Feb 13

:lol

So, Sony showed off Specs, a controller, and some games....? Not exactly the badass reveal I was hoping for. Sure the specs sound awesome, but man, I could have used more.

At tonight's event we were offered a brief overview of the PlayStation 4's powerful new hardware and a few quick glimpses at its new peripherals, the DualShock 4 and Eye. Now, the company has released additional information about the console's internals and more detail about the controller and new camera.

Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be powered by a custom 8-core AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 with integrated graphics APU and "next-generation" AMD Radeon graphics processor capable of driving 1.84 teraflops. As detailed at the event, it will come paired with 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory, making it competitive with most gaming-focused PCs on the market. As expected, the system will ship with a Blu-ray drive, built-in 80.211 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, as well as HDMI, Analog-AV, and optical digital output. Sony is giving I/O options a boost with the inclusion of USB 3.0 ports and a mysteriously vague "AUX" port. Each system will ship a "Mono Headset" for cross-game chat and other social features.

What's more, we've gained new insight into the DualShock 4. As we know, the controller sports an integrated touch pad, headset jack, share button, and LED player identifier, but we've now learned that the touch pad features a mechanical button and supports "capacitive type." In addition to the obvious size and ergonomic changes, the DualShock 4 is expectedly gaining a bit of weight, going from 6.77 ounces on the DualShock 3 to 7.4 ounces on the DualShock 4. In addition to helping track a player for motion-based controls, the built-in LED can also be used to represent in-game elements, like a player's overall health.

Details were remarkably scant at the event regarding the PlayStation 4 Eye, which has been revealed as having a 1280x800 pixel sensor capable of capturing video at 60 frames-per-second — a significant gain over the Kinect's 640x480 30fps sensor. It can also be used to automatically detect players, though Sony hasn't detailed the exact application of the feature.

sony needs to show me Uncharted 4 and I'm happy

I'm expecting some amazing first party reveals in the months surrounding E3.

But man, the PC snobbery on Facebook makes me almost sick. They obviously don't get the fact that consoles are for people who don't care to build and upgrade their pc's. it's a convenience. But no, they seem to get more gratification bashing consoles in rather colorful language that discussing things like, you know, civilized people. I really hate the Internet.

If this thing is $450ish, I'll bite...may wait a year but sure it'll happen

My major concern is Sony's nonimpressive PSN - they need to step up to the plate insofar as their Network is concerned. Had they shown off an all new PSN, I may have been more excited. At this moment, I'm a little 'meh' with it all

I'll get it at or around launch. Can't help myself. I've bought almost every console that's come out in the last 20 years right around launch. Just love the new hardware.

/yawn

we should be playing in virtual reality by now. Instead what do we get after 6 years?

1) some hardware upgrade on par to a pc
2) game streaming gimmick
3) failed ps3 move with no games to support it and no improvement to the hardware
4) a couple average at best titles revealed.

ps4 is barely evolutionary. People bought ps3 because of the bluray at the time, ps4 looks as boring as it gets.

Back