Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, that $1,500 figure is a bit exaggerated. Try $600 for a top of the line card.

I was referring to the 8K card they'll eventually release. :lol

Believe me if I hit the lotto i'll gladly pay 10K for a Super Max PC so that I can play Tomb Raider 15 on 4 simultaneous 5K monitors at 100fps.

Until then my broke ass will be happy with console gaming.:lol

Although PS Pro and PS VR combo is hitting near 1k, yikes.

Last edited:
Nowadays it's super easy to have all maxed settings at constant 60fps if you render at 1080P, any sub $200 budget card should be able to do that easily, as long as you don't go over 1080P. 1440P is when you need to start throwing money at upgrades, and 4k is when framerates really struggles.

So I think that probably is the sweet spot, console gaming at constant 60fps all maxed settings at 1080P. They can totally do that with a $400-$600 console nowadays so at this point you're basically already all maxed out at 1080P, which means no real graphical benefit gaming on a PC vs Console at 1080P.

---

I've decided I'm getting a Pro.

I can't even remember the day I used the BD player on the regular vanilla 4 last.

Ps4 Pro is on sale for 339 at Target right now. Amazon had the same sale but they sold out pretty quickly yesterday. I'd act fast, it wont last long at target either. Its a pretty good price for a brand new console. I highly doubt you will find it any cheaper or on sale again anytime soon, you will have to wait for an official price drop. I wasn't planning on buying one just because i was bitter they didnt include the 4k player but for only $340 bucks its worth the upgrade.. Why have a 4k tv if i'm not going to use it..

Last edited:
I got a PS4 Pro and I'm trying to transfer the data from my old PS4, but I'm having no success. Both consoles are on and signed into the network under my ID but when I select "next" it will search for my old console for about 20 seconds and then I'll get the "No PS4 found message." Any suggestions?

I picked up the PS4 Slim with Uncharted 4 Bundle on Cyber Monday for $212.49 before sales tax (sale price of $249.99 minus additional 155 off). Damn, the PS4 Slim is ugly...kind of regret not picking up the Pro, but I don't game as much as I used to and am also annoyed that Sony didn't include a 4K player as well.

I got a PS4 Pro and I'm trying to transfer the data from my old PS4, but I'm having no success. Both consoles are on and signed into the network under my ID but when I select "next" it will search for my old console for about 20 seconds and then I'll get the "No PS4 found message." Any suggestions?

Do you have them connected with a LAN cable?

Ok so last night i put my ps4 into rest mode and today it was shut off completely, i turned it back on played for a while put it in rest mode again.........came back 10 minutes later and was completely shut off again. Anybody have this happen to their console?

I've had it randomly turn off before but it's been a while---Do you have it plugged into a power strip?

Yeah, its connected to a power stip. I did read online that on the setting where its says supply power to usb ports, instead of selecting "3 hours" or "never", to select "always" which has worked so far.....dont know if it'll be a permanent fix though.

You can also try plugging it directly to the wall so that it makes sure it has enough power, that was either the issue I had with the PS4 or the Kinect.

I'm not too sure about plugging it directly into the wall, we gave power outtages often so i dont want that to totally damage my ps4. I feel safer with a power strip, havent had any trouble lately.

Throwing this out to the PS community in hopes you guys can answer this while I put my baby daughter to sleep.

Finally picked up a PS4 and set it up tonight. I'd like to use the same PlayStation Network account I used for my PS3; the problem is that my gaming time has decreased so dramatically that I can't remember my password (I know my user ID, and the PS3 is set to automatically log in). Is there anyway I can reset my password WITHOUT the email address I initially set it up with? (Idiotically, I used a former work email address from an employer I thought I'd spend my entire career with...oops).

Last edited:
Throwing this out to the PS community in hopes you guys can answer this while I put my baby daughter to sleep.

Finally picked up a PS4 and set it up tonight. I'd like to use the same PlayStation Network account I used for my PS3; the problem is that my gaming time has decreased so dramatically that I can't remember my password (I know my user ID, and the PS3 is set to automatically log in). Is there anyway I can reset my password WITHOUT the email address I initially set it up with? (Idiotically, I used a former work email address from an employee I thought I'd spend my entire career with...oops).

No, you can't. It's either you reset the password via email or you'll just have to call Sony and see what they can do, unfortunately.

Crap. Thanks man. I haven't played regularly in years but it would be nice to have my trophies carry over.

Back