Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As glad as I am to have my gaming system back (as I finally get to play GTA4), I'm even more excited to have my Blu-Ray player back!! :lol

Yes I finally got me a PS3. I picked up a slim over the weekend and its kicking a$$. I went ahead and picked up MGS4. Best buy had a great sale over the weekend if you bought one game at full price you got a 2nd for half...unfortuanately I found out too late and basically everything was gone. There was only 2 MGS 4's left at that. Anyways look foward to playing some good stuff.

Also updating some of my DVD collection to Blu-ray.

Just bought a PS3, a longtime PS2 fan but XBOX360 began to take up most of my gaming time. Anyways, aside from MGS4, what games should I check out? I'm a fan of survival horror, sci-fi, action, FPS games so is there anything that's specific to the PS3 that is something along these lines? There might also be some games for 360 that I missed, so just feel free to mention any.

Just bought a PS3, a longtime PS2 fan but XBOX360 began to take up most of my gaming time. Anyways, aside from MGS4, what games should I check out? I'm a fan of survival horror, sci-fi, action, FPS games so is there anything that's specific to the PS3 that is something along these lines? There might also be some games for 360 that I missed, so just feel free to mention any.

Off the top of my head, you should give the following a try:

-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

-Resistance: Fall of Man

-Siren (downloadable game)

-Metal Gear Solid 4

-Bioshock, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space (if you haven't gotten them for X-Box yet)

I'll second Boba Ben's recommendations, save MGS 4 (never been a fan of the MGS series). I'd also throw in Killzone 2 if you enjoy a good FPS.

As for the 360, make sure you don't miss out on Earth Defense Force 2017. It's a Japanese budget title that's hard to find these days, but worth the effort. Old-school arcade action with decent graphics, completely-destructible environments and vehicles, and more levels, weapons and content than you can shake a stick at. Thow in some overly-cheesy B-movie voice acting and you've got a sure-fire recipe for fun.

Oh, and you can play splitscreen with a buddy, which is always a plus in my book.

Ok so I have my PS3 Slim standing vertically and it seems pretty stable and it runs cooler but I'm wondering if the $25 stand is worth the extra cash. Also in the manual, it states "Do not set the system other than in the horizontal position" so I was wondering if it's not safe to set it vertically, why would they realase an official stand for it in the first place? Or did they mean it's just not safe to set it vertically without the stand?

got some play time in and i love the PS3s features, price drop helps. Tekken 6 comes out next month:rock

i'm soooo buyng one. :chew

Just picked one up, and I'm loving it for "Uncharted" and the Blu-Ray capabilities alone. Rented "Infamous" though...and I can't figure out why this game is so highly regarded. What a clunker.

Looking forward to "Uncharted 2" though! And watching "Batman Begins" and "Blade Runner" on Blu-Ray!

Anyone highly recommend Killzone 2? Seems like the only other popular game besides the aforementioned ones. Well, games that I can't play on my 360, anyway.....

Yeah i think Tekken is gonna be a must (depending)

Tekken is my favorite series. with me, evey release is a must.
tekk.gif

depending on???

if it's as big a slip as tekken 4 i'll be :mad::(

Last edited:
Ok, picked up the Sony wireless headset for PS3 gaming and have to say, I am very impressed. It does hurt in the ear after awhile, but is easily interchangeable from ear-to-ear....

I am surprised how clear the sound is....been loving it with the Uncharted 2 beta....

Back