Play Imaginative Super Alloy 52 Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What better superhero to use diecast on than the Man of Steel :lol

Looks pretty cool. My only grip is the underwear. Looks out of place for some odd reason. :dunno

Its probably because the rest of the body is made of diecast and this is the only made from ABS or something the paint on diecast gives of a nice shine while the ABS panties is more dull

So to anyone who has the Batman version how does it hold up interms of paint application any chipping or fading

I could never pull the trigger on the Batman because the headsculpt was just too soft, but this looks incredible.

I love the new 52 Supes so I'm so glad this is happening and ill be getting it.

It does look like he has blue briefs on though:lol

I'm a huge fan of their new 52 Batman, and really like the new 53 designs in general.

So Play Imaginative + New 52 + Superman = The only Superman toy I'll ever buy ever.

Wow!!! Time to put one of my DX11 (Joker) & DX12 (Batman) on Craigslist! Lol
First HT Man of Steel Teaser and now this? Was gonna sell them to fund my MOS figures, Now I need to get this. Not to mention the rest of the Justice league they are making.

Its probably because the rest of the body is made of diecast and this is the only made from ABS or something the paint on diecast gives of a nice shine while the ABS panties is more dull

So to anyone who has the Batman version how does it hold up interms of paint application any chipping or fading

I have the Batman and so far I have not noticed and paint fading or chipping on the figure. It is very solid, but the price is way too expensive for these type of figures. The only reason I bought it is because I got a great deal on eBay. The Superman looks good, but I rather spend the money on the HT MOS figure.

Anyone remember what the special version of PI's Alloy Lee Batman was? Maybe we'll get something comparable for 52 Supes.

I don't really care about this -- but that fan idea is clever. HT has never hesitated to rip off Enterbay ... maybe they'll steal the idea.

SnakeDoc

I do own the Batman one and this one looks nice although I am not really a fan of the New 52 look. I might end up caving though.

I am really looking forward to seeing Green Lantern since his New 52 look is not that different than the pre-52 look.
Being a Hal Jordan fan, if that one looks good, I will definitely purchase it.

I believe it was just a difference in th finish of the suit

Ah, yes, that's right. Thanks. The fig looks wonderful in these proto pics; hopefully the vibrancy of the blue comes through in the final product. 'Looking forward to the possibility of our getting WW, GL, and Aqua. I'm sure 52 Bats is a given.

Ah, yes, that's right. Thanks. The fig looks wonderful in these proto pics; hopefully the vibrancy of the blue comes through in the final product. 'Looking forward to the possibility of our getting WW, GL, and Aqua. I'm sure 52 Bats is a given.

Yeah... they already announced Superman, the Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman

I don't know why, but I can't stop looking at this thing. This was a line that I had 0 interest in, but damn, this thing looks great. I was laughing at some of the Facebook comments that said it looked awful. It's different from the hyper-realistic stuff we're used to, sure, but that doesn't make it "garbage." Perhaps, it's the fact that they are actually taking a stylized approach, but that they're actually doing it right, that's making me so interested in this thing. He looks like he stepped right off the page.

Yeah... they already announced Superman, the Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman

Oh. Awesome! Thanks for the info. 'Still hoping for WW and Aqua.

I don't know why, but I can't stop looking at this thing. Perhaps, it's the fact that they are actually taking a stylized approach, but that they're actually doing it right, that's making me so interested in this thing. He looks like he stepped right off the page.

On the money. The lifelike superhero look is becoming a little melodramatic to me, so this fig appears very refreshing. Those bold colors are drawing forth happy memories of DC's animated works.

Oh. Awesome! Thanks for the info. 'Still hoping for WW and Aqua.

On the money. The lifelike superhero look is becoming a little melodramatic to me, so this fig appears very refreshing. Those bold colors are drawing forth happy memories of DC's animated works.

Everyone is so into these movie representations of these characters and are forgetting they are comic book characters 1st. These are great for those who prefer a comic book look rather than an actor in a suit.

Only gripe is, In think he looks a little young and his face is a little short compared to what is shown in the comics. Just my opinion.

Back