Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone wanting to know what to expect in terms of articulation and how joints work check out a youtube review of their Super Alloy Batman.

in hand it (the batman) reminds me of a really heavy play arts figure.

if you guys are familiar with bandai soul of chogokin series or the fewture robots by artstorm this play imaginative mark 7 is no difference

- limited articulation with compare to plastic ver.
- diecast is known to rust, but only if you don't care about your toy
- paint chipping (said above)

but still ill be getting this, im sure its all worth it :)

IMO It's not worth the price we consumers in the US have to pay. The $325 that they're paying oversea is 100% worth the price but for us, we're paying about $450+ which is kinda a iffy price for what it is.

Diecast toys come in three flavors.

either they use a VERY THIN coat of paint so as to not obscure the details.
This leads more to paint flaking off, than chipping... especialy on raised areas, and can spread quickly. over time, you end up with this.

49Pchev.JPG

or they SLOP ALOT of paint on it, trying to get better coverage. this tends to make the paint job look pretty good, However it can obscure small details like panel lines. AND if it chips, it leaves deep pock marks in the object. like when you get a paint chip on a car door. or on EARLY transformers toys.

tf09dec-2.jpg

The third option, is leaving the metal bare and unpainted. possibly just chroming it.

this only works for bare metal looks, AND it can rust.

BEST case scenario, the chipped paint might look like realistic weathering.

worst case scenario, it makes it look like a cheap toy.

IMO diecast only does one thing for " high end collectables"

Unless it's used inside the feet, and not exposed. used soley for adding weight and making it easier to balance, it just Cheapens the product.

I was just thinking though....i'm just pretty much gonna put it in a neutral museum pose and just display him.....It's not like it's gonna suffer from paint chipping would it?........Assuming I can find a store to buy it from haha

I would imagine as long as you pose it and never touch/move/knock it over you wont have to worry about paint chipping. Rust could be a factor though right?

yeah, I'm also worried about the rust...does heat cause a lot of rust? cause my shelf is actually pretty damn close to my heater/AC vent. My normal Hot Toys have been fine so far but I wonder how a diecast figure would take the heat.

What do you guys think? This or the Hot Toys version?

BBTS has this listed at $449. :slap :rotfl :pigfly:

Anyone who pays 450 bucks for this piece should get a complimentary forehead tattoo that reads "SUCKER" in bold capital letters. :lol

The HT version is overpriced, but Play Imaginative has been hitting the crackpipe. Real hawdlike.

does heat cause a lot of rust?

Oxidation causes rust.
Keep your metal toys away from O2 (in a nitrogen vault) and they'll be fine.
Heat causes sweat, which leads to crotchrot and your girlfriend cheating on you.

___

in hand it (the batman) reminds me of a really heavy play arts figure.
Which doesn't sound all that cool to me. Maybe the joints on the Batman figure make it seem more "toyish". I don't really know any higher end 1/6 Batman figure with exposed elbow & knee joints, while in costume.

Joints on an Iron Man figure would look more "normal".

For $350 this is worth it beyond measure

Dude-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man_zps9268c8a7.jpg

That price is still absurd for a kilo of pot metal. That's not real gold titanium alloy and zinc isn't precious.

And what is the point of an articulated figure if it just stands neutral like a coat in a closet? :dunno

"Look at this super-posable figure! Now place it in a metal box!" :cuckoo:

____

That price is still absurd for a kilo of pot metal. That's not real gold titanium alloy and zinc isn't precious.

And what is the point of an articulated figure if it just stands neutral like a coat in a closet? :dunno

"Look at this super-posable figure! Now place it in a metal box!" :cuckoo:

____

If you think $350 is absurd I can't help but imagine what you think HT prices in general is.

HT Mark VII is $250 + $130 for their HoA. Making it $380 before shipping.

This is $350 for the same figure + HoA but made in complete metel (well rougly 88%) Not to mention the HoA is made of Metal and comes with a remote control to control the 5 different lighting settings.

If it was sold for $350 here in the states you would see a bunch of people ordering this instead of the HT version, myself included.

Are these figures overpriced? Hell yeah but you get more bang for your buck with the Diecast version from PI.

meh...you get more for your money with the HT version if you include the accessories and such with both the figure and the hall piece.

they really balance themselves out in the end. the only real difference is taking a hit in the articulation dept for metal VS added display options and slightly better articulation.

neither is really "better" per-say, it just depends on what you want and are looking for from the figure.

Which doesn't sound all that cool to me. Maybe the joints on the Batman figure make it seem more "toyish". I don't really know any higher end 1/6 Batman figure with exposed elbow & knee joints, while in costume.

Joints on an Iron Man figure would look more "normal".

super alloy is meant to be a metal armor for batman so its fits the toy well enough. that was the reason behind it being a diecast toy in the first place. tbh im not really sure how i feel about it either...on one hand i feel its really neat and looks great (feels really good in the hand due to the weight) but, its already suffer from loose/slack joints right out of box.

either way, cant wait to see how the Im stuff turns out. i wouldn't collect the whole line but i can see myself picking up one MK just to have for the novelty of it.

Last edited:
If you think $350 is absurd I can't help but imagine what you think HT prices in general is.

Instead of imagining, you could just read. I said in my earlier post the HT version was overpriced.

(And for the North American market, this piece costs $450.)

Are these figures overpriced? Hell yeah but you get more bang for your buck with the Diecast version from PI.

Well, you get a couple of kilos of pot metal, at least.

____

Instead of imagining, you could just read. I said in my earlier post the HT version was overpriced.

(And for the North American market, this piece costs $450.)

Well, you get a couple of kilos of pot metal, at least.

____
Yes, I'm terribly sorry for not going through every single one of your post. :horse

Speaking of which I too said in a post earlier that it's way too overpriced for those here in the states that want it. I'm just stating that it's more worth it at $350 compared to the $450 they're charging here. :peace

Maybe if some new pics surfaced. Collection date for this starts 22nd March in Singapore right? & still no official promo pics of the product?

Back