Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
singapore only? Would love it if I am not getting the Hot Toys one already...but it costs $400sgd...I'll pass but I think I may look back and regret it

Singapore first

"PLAY IMAGINATIVE ANNOUNCES MULTI-TERRITORY LICENSING DEAL WITH MARVEL FOR SUPER ALLOY HIGH END COLLECTIBLE FIGURES

LINEUP FOR SUPER ALLOY 1/4 AND 1/12 SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURES WILL BE BASED ON IRON MAN MOVIE FRANCHISE

January 2013 – Play Imaginative is thrilled to announce it has acquired a multi-territory licensing deal with MARVEL for its premium Super Alloy High End Collectible Figure product line. The initial lineup will be developed based on the Iron Man movies, with a focus on the upcoming movie Marvel’s Iron Man 3 movie (premiering in 2013).

Twelve new figures are slated for release in 2013, six in 1/4 Scale and six in 1/12 Scale. Both the Super Alloy Collectible Figure 1/4 and 1/12 Scale will start off with Iron Man Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and War Machine, with the first release in June 2013. These Iron Man Super Alloy High End Collectible Figures will be available worldwide, excluding China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

Play Imaginative has been working closely with comic book artist and conceptual designer, Adi Granov, on their Iron Man releases with MARVEL. Tapping on his experience as a conceptual designer, illustrator and suit consultant on the Marvel’s Iron Man and Marvel’s The Avengers films, Granov lends his expertise as a consultant for Play Imaginative’s premium line of Iron Man Super Alloy Collectible Figures.

“With our new licensing deal with MARVEL, Play Imaginative intends to grow and expand the market for high end die-cast metal alloy figures within the collectible figurine community. This will strengthen our foothold in the global action figure market, as well as provide more quality choices for consumers and retailers alike,” Mr. Jacky Teo, Business Development & Marketing Director at Play Imaginative commented."

Maybe the Mark VII will have a initial release in Singapore first followed up by a more global release later I find it hard to think they would exclude the whole world in favor of Singapore small as it is.

Hot Toys better step up before Play Imaginative eats their lunch competition is good for us so let the games begin

considering the huge time it is taking them to get the first figure out i have to laugh at 12 releases this year...

Singapore first

"PLAY IMAGINATIVE ANNOUNCES MULTI-TERRITORY LICENSING DEAL WITH MARVEL FOR SUPER ALLOY HIGH END COLLECTIBLE FIGURES

LINEUP FOR SUPER ALLOY 1/4 AND 1/12 SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURES WILL BE BASED ON IRON MAN MOVIE FRANCHISE

January 2013 – Play Imaginative is thrilled to announce it has acquired a multi-territory licensing deal with MARVEL for its premium Super Alloy High End Collectible Figure product line. The initial lineup will be developed based on the Iron Man movies, with a focus on the upcoming movie Marvel’s Iron Man 3 movie (premiering in 2013).

Twelve new figures are slated for release in 2013, six in 1/4 Scale and six in 1/12 Scale. Both the Super Alloy Collectible Figure 1/4 and 1/12 Scale will start off with Iron Man Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and War Machine, with the first release in June 2013. These Iron Man Super Alloy High End Collectible Figures will be available worldwide, excluding China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

Play Imaginative has been working closely with comic book artist and conceptual designer, Adi Granov, on their Iron Man releases with MARVEL. Tapping on his experience as a conceptual designer, illustrator and suit consultant on the Marvel’s Iron Man and Marvel’s The Avengers films, Granov lends his expertise as a consultant for Play Imaginative’s premium line of Iron Man Super Alloy Collectible Figures.

“With our new licensing deal with MARVEL, Play Imaginative intends to grow and expand the market for high end die-cast metal alloy figures within the collectible figurine community. This will strengthen our foothold in the global action figure market, as well as provide more quality choices for consumers and retailers alike,” Mr. Jacky Teo, Business Development & Marketing Director at Play Imaginative commented."

Maybe the Mark VII will have a initial release in Singapore first followed up by a more global release later I find it hard to think they would exclude the whole world in favor of Singapore small as it is.

Hot Toys better step up before Play Imaginative eats their lunch competition is good for us so let the games begin

I see...what was I thinking that anything could be country exclusive anymore? :slap:rotfl

I see...what was I thinking that anything could be country exclusive anymore? :slap:rotfl

doesn't say anything about 1/6 multi territory license, im pretty sure thats why it took 'em so long to put this up and why all the proceeding figures will be in 1/4, 1/12 scale.

i also think getting this on ebay will be difficult because on the pre-order info page it says "pick up only" and "identification required" :thud:

This looks pretty sweet. I'm actually quite prepared to buy it up, but of course I'll have to wait and see what's the real articulation like (even though I'm probably posing it netural).

Really digging this one because it's diecast. And of course, it's always good to support local start-ups once in a while :)

highly unlikely that this will even be on my list...still there is some time to change my mind...so who knows?

Anyone in singapore gonna buy this wanna make abit of extra money?

Nope. Not the type to rip people off.

Anyway, it's going at 390 SGD PO price for members, 400 PO price for non-members. Retail price is going to be 425. That's pretty damn steep :horror

Might have to reconsider getting this. I would have preferred if they did without the hall of armour though; could have just given a simpler base and the price would probably go down. They should have done what SSC does with their figures. Exclusive and non-exclusives or something. I mean it's metal and all but there's a line that needs to be drawn.

Side note though, someone should merge all the threads about this together. They're all over the place.

Side note though, someone should merge all the threads about this together. They're all over the place.

Not really - this is the only thread for the PI 1/6 Mk vii. There's another for the wider PI 1/4 and 1/12 lines. And another for HT die cast. Merging them would only make the discussion harder to follow.

Edit: just found the other PI Mk vii. I see what you mean.

Back