Play Arts Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker action figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first I was not all that interested in this figure as I have only played MGS 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Until I went to pick up my Play Arts Kai Resident Evil, Chris Redfield figure, this was the last MGS Peace Walker figure left on the shelf.

I took a closer look and realised it is a very impressive figure and the detail is great.

So I bought it as well.

14491126.jpg

65024714.jpg

79340000.jpg

Just got a Jungle Fatigue figure and while he is fantastic he is missing the back part of his Bandanna :( now he just looks like hes wearing a sweat band for his work out routine

Just got a Jungle Fatigue figure and while he is fantastic he is missing the back part of his Bandanna :( now he just looks like hes wearing a sweat band for his work out routine

What?! That sucks! You should get a replacement for that figure. I think Play Arts needs to have better quality assurance. It's a shame to have a beautiful figure tarnished by defects :(.

I managed to pick up both Jungle and Sneaking Suit versions of Snake in Osaka a while back. One leg did seem a little longer on the Jungle version, but since I usually display figures like these in action poses, it didn't bother me too much.

I also have the Chrysalis and Basilisk (Peace Walker) mechs. I took a good look at the Cocoon and Pupa models, but they just didn't impress me that much, at least not for what they cost over here. Zeke is also not quite as impressive as I'd hoped, but I may change my mind about them later. Anyway, the Chrysalis and PW are both really cool looking models, imo.

The Basilisk has tons of articulation in the legs, and while you can achieve some amazing poses, you really have to be careful to take your time with it and not force anything. The instructions are a little hard to follow, but you can always use the box photos and in-game scenes for reference. I only wish the models came with a Snake figure in scale with the mechs!

I've been waiting for the weather here to improve so I can take some pics. When it does, I'll post a few in here.

I managed to pick up both Jungle and Sneaking Suit versions of Snake in Osaka a while back. One leg did seem a little longer on the Jungle version, but since I usually display figures like these in action poses, it didn't bother me too much.

I also have the Chrysalis and Basilisk (Peace Walker) mechs. I took a good look at the Cocoon and Pupa models, but they just didn't impress me that much, at least not for what they cost over here. Zeke is also not quite as impressive as I'd hoped, but I may change my mind about them later. Anyway, the Chrysalis and PW are both really cool looking models, imo.

The Basilisk has tons of articulation in the legs, and while you can achieve some amazing poses, you really have to be careful to take your time with it and not force anything. The instructions are a little hard to follow, but you can always use the box photos and in-game scenes for reference. I only wish the models came with a Snake figure in scale with the mechs!

I've been waiting for the weather here to improve so I can take some pics. When it does, I'll post a few in here.

I'm deciding right now on whether I should place an order for Zeke or the Basilisk. Zeke is a bit expensive - $100 is a lot of cash, but I would love to have both of those mechs.

By the way, are you in Japan now?! :horror That's cool!

Wow, that's a first on here, Dylan.. Square Enix really needs to get their act together. They are not cheap 10" action figures at all. :impatient:

Have you tried contacting the seller you bought it from? I hope you get it replaced bro. :wave

I'm deciding right now on whether I should place an order for Zeke or the Basilisk. Zeke is a bit expensive - $100 is a lot of cash, but I would love to have both of those mechs.

By the way, are you in Japan now?! :horror That's cool!

I recommend the Basilisk! It's a much nicer model for the price than Zeke... I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

And yeah, I live and work over here in Japan. Been here for many moons, in fact. We live in Nara, which is about 35 minutes away from Osaka by train. Volks and Kotobukiya both have retail outlets where you can actually look stuff over before you buy, just like in the good old days. It's nice being able to see what you're getting... cuts down on the chance of getting something that's flawed when you have a few to choose from.

I still haven't opened my mechs! :lol
Partially because I haven't actually played Peace Walker yet. I don't have a PSP so my Metal Gear experience has been on Pause since Snake Eater. Still, I couldn't resist getting what I consider the best MG figures to date - even if I haven't played this particular game yet.

If anyone is interested in Zeke, Cornerstorecomics still has him available for pre-order for a much more reasonable price than he seems to be fetching on Ebay.

https://cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/shop&Product_ID=4623&Category_ID=0&ChildCategory_ID=

I wasn't especially interested in the PSP until I read about this game somewhere and decided to preorder the bundled MGS:pW set last year. Once I got used to the PSP's controls I got hooked on it big time.

No doubt you'd love this game as much as the figures, if not more. Without giving anything away, it's one of the best additions to the series and provides some key story elements in the MGS saga . If you've ever considered buying a PSP, this would be the game to buy one for!

I have the Basilisk, but he doesn't stand very well in bipedal mode; one of the hips is a bit loose. Hopefully some nail polish or such will tighten it up a bit. Quadped mode is super stable though.

I wasn't especially interested in the PSP until I read about this game somewhere and decided to preorder the bundled MGS:pW set last year. Once I got used to the PSP's controls I got hooked on it big time.

No doubt you'd love this game as much as the figures, if not more. Without giving anything away, it's one of the best additions to the series and provides some key story elements in the MGS saga . If you've ever considered buying a PSP, this would be the game to buy one for!

Picked up a PSP and Peace Walker today. :yess:

But forgot to get a memory stick. :gah:

I'll get started tomorrow....

Picked up a PSP and Peace Walker today. :yess:

But forgot to get a memory stick. :gah:

I'll get started tomorrow....

Congrats! Once you do, you'll be hooked in no time. If you ever happen to need a hint or some very good strategies, there are plenty to be found on YouTube. Anyway, have fun!!! :clap

Congrats! Once you do, you'll be hooked in no time. If you ever happen to need a hint or some very good strategies, there are plenty to be found on YouTube. Anyway, have fun!!! :clap

Thanks!

So I am a total newb to the PSP - I got a PSP 3000 and now I need to gt some accessories. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm reading online that you can use a digital camera memory card, is that right?

so hard to tell if people know what they are talking about on these game boards...these guys fight even more than us! :lol

I suggest you get good generic earphones, as the soundtrack & in-game sounds & music of Peace Walker are amazing! :clap

If you like listening to music, you might as well get a portable PSP charger cradle, where you place your PSP to charge while listening to music. There are lots on eBay! :)

But the first accessories I got were the ones for protection.. A crystal case to encase my PSP, and the carry-case.

I suggest you get good generic earphones, as the soundtrack & in-game sounds & music of Peace Walker are amazing! :clap

If you like listening to music, you might as well get a portable PSP charger cradle, where you place your PSP to charge while listening to music. There are lots on eBay! :)

But the first accessories I got were the ones for protection.. A crystal case to encase my PSP, and the carry-case.

:rock

Thanks!

Even if you get a crystal case cover for it, be sure to get a sheet of protective film to fit the 3000's screen first, for extra protection against dust, etc. I'd also recommend a padded carry case with pouches inside for a spare memory stick, UMDs, cleaning cloth and so on. Makes it a lot easier to keep everything all together in one convenient and portable storage unit. :)

It took me a while to get used to the controls after playing nothing but PS3 games, but Peace Walker has three controller options, so you can choose the one that suits your play style best. I went with the Shooter setup, which is similar to MGS4, which was most familiar to me, but it wouldn't hurt to experiment a bit before you get started.

Definitely on the money with this game. I gave spent hours on it , and I'm nowhere close to being finished with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Definitely on the money with this game. I gave spent hours on it , and I'm nowhere close to being finished with it.

I've been hooked on Peace Walker for months! It's the only game I play... all the PS3 games I was playing up till then have been on hold. Soon as I complete all single player missions and collect a few more goodies, I want to try some coop action. :rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Outstanding! Is yours the iPhone4? I'm thinking of getting myself one when I'm back in the states this summer, if Hot Toys will let me...

Best Metal Gear in ages.

im gutted the only real in-game cutscene is the last one though.

i got a PSP Go for this game and was not dissapointed. thank god

Back