Planet of the Apes - movies and TV show General discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Refering to Escape from the POTA - Did you guys know that both Paul Dehn and Arthur Jacobs wanted Zira to be viciously mauled by the Police dogs while protecting baby Milo at the movies end? Ouch!

Refering to Escape from the POTA - Did you guys know that both Paul Dehn and Arthur Jacobs wanted Zira to be viciously mauled by the Police dogs while protecting baby Milo at the movies end? Ouch!

Holy crap. That would have definitely put a bloody end to that, and maybe would have freaked me out as a kid.

I read that in the book Planet of the Apes Revisited. I guess Paul Dehn and Arthur Jacobs could think a little darker at times. Instead of having Zira simply shot, as we saw in the movie, Paul Dehn and Arthur Jacobs actually wanted Zira to try to save her baby by literally throwing herself to the police dogs... and get chewed alive. Brutal huh?!

Last edited:
It was a gruesome ending with Zira and the bloodhounds. I am glad they changed it. From the original script "Secret of the Planet of the Apes"

REVERSE SHOTS - WHISTLE BLOWS - THE HANDLERS UNLEASH THEIR BLOODHOUNDS

which converge, in a snarling torrent, on the gangway. ZIRA is only halfway down it, when the "torrent" hits her and she goes under. When the bloodhounds disperse, she lies on the gangplank, lacerated, bleeding and in mortal pain. A CAPTAIN and a POLICE OFFICER clatter up the gangway. The CAPTAIN looks down.

CAPTAIN
(curtly)
Put her out of her misery.

We STAY on POLICE OFFICER only, as he shoots her.

Wow. I didn't know that. I remember reading something about her having really bad skin problems during/after Escape, so maybe that's why she refused. I would have loved to have seen them together again, though. She and Roddy together again would have made a spectacular episode, probably would have been one of my favorites had they done one.

It just came to me: the female chimp in the Surgeon is named Kira. Take off the K and add a Z and you have Zira! Makes even better sense, to me anyway, that the producers wanted Kim to play the part. The actor playing the female chimp is the same actor who played the mother farmer in "The Good Seeds" and the male actor playing the male chimp, Leander, is also the same actor who played the gorillia in "Up Above The World So High".

It just came to me: the female chimp in the Surgeon is named Kira. Take off the K and add a Z and you have Zira! Makes even better sense, to me anyway, that the producers wanted Kim to play the part. The actor playing the female chimp is the same actor who played the mother farmer in "The Good Seeds" and the male actor playing the male chimp, Leander, is also the same actor who played the gorillia in "Up Above The World So High".

Ha! I never thought of that. You know...the writers were never very savvy on the TV apes. They should never have re-used Zaius's name. It was just laziness on their part. I knew about the actress who played Kira, but not about Leander. Which gorilla did he play?

OMG! I just saw Carsia's bare neck! Never saw that before. Right after the part where they are looking at that stupid plastic fly with the magnifying glass. And she's super skinny, too. There's not much meat on her.

In a world where ape shall not kill ape, Carsia definitely was very progressive.

When Galen whacks the guard with a rifle, did you guys notice that he bent the rifle?

Last edited:
OMG! I just saw Carsia's bare neck! Never saw that before. Right after the part where they are looking at that stupid plastic fly with the magnifying glass. And she's super skinny, too. There's not much meat on her.

In a world where ape shall not kill ape, Carsia definitely was very progressive.

When Galen whacks the guard with a rifle, did you guys notice that he bent the rifle?

Ape Shall Not Kill Ape seems to have been a Battle only theory. There were the almost "martyrs" in Beneath and the TV series is full of it. Carsia, Aboro, Urko himself threatens to kill another ape in one episode.

Ha! I never thought of that. You know...the writers were never very savvy on the TV apes. They should never have re-used Zaius's name. It was just laziness on their part. I knew about the actress who played Kira, but not about Leander. Which gorilla did he play?

Martin E. Brooks plays in "The Surgeon" as Leander and in "Up Above the World so High" he plays this Ape. I can't remeber his name in this episode:banghead

Maybe HotToys will use this pic to base a Burke hair sculpt on:rotfl

Can you pull this one off Jess?:lol

Maybe HotToys will use this pic to base a Burke hair sculpt on:rotfl

Can you pull this one off Jess?:lol

:horror

THAT is such a funny screencapture, Dr. Zaius!! Say...can you take some screenshots of Carsia for me? I need to make her look prettier, and I lack the printed screenshots. If you can e-mail them or just post them, I can print them out at the office and then have them for reference to work off of.

Was the gorilla captain's name Konag?

:horror

THAT is such a funny screencapture, Dr. Zaius!! Say...can you take some screenshots of Carsia for me? I need to make her look prettier, and I lack the printed screenshots. If you can e-mail them or just post them, I can print them out at the office and then have them for reference to work off of.

Was the gorilla captain's name Konag?

That was his name!!!

I am still at the hospital and don't hace access to my DVDs but I can rip you some pics in the next day or two. I got that pic off of the Planet of the Apes TV series website. They had some pics of Carsia also. Here is the link.

https://potatv.kassidyrae.com/screengrabs.html

if the pics they have don't work for you let me know and I will get you some as soon as I can.

In case it hasn't been mentioned - For those who missed the extended version of Conquest, it's being show again on FMC Monday at 2:30am. Actually they're showing all the movies again starting Sunday night. Set your DVRs.

Back