Planet of the Apes - movies and TV show General discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to find that episode. I'm sure somebody has it. I would like to see him in action without the appliances. I always thought his eyes were so huge.

He was wells thru a lot of the series, replacing Alan Oppenheimer who was in the early ones.

Sideshow gave their Zira figure green boots, but didn't she actually wear brown boots in the first film? I know they were brown in Escape...

I'd love to see TV take a chance on a new POTA series. It would be interesting to see what "popular" actors of today would lend themselves to the roles.
For that matter I'd be all over a miniseries based on Marvel's Terror saga, or even a CGI feature film/DVD version of it.

I'd love to see TV take a chance on a new POTA series. It would be interesting to see what "popular" actors of today would lend themselves to the roles.
For that matter I'd be all over a miniseries based on Marvel's Terror saga, or even a CGI feature film/DVD version of it.

That could be very fun, but I would want them to give it the same love they gave the new Battle Star Galactica series. If they can't then I would hate this idea because they ultimately only care about money and not investing hard time. :(

That could be very fun, but I would want them to give it the same love they gave the new Battle Star Galactica series. If they can't then I would hate this idea because they ultimately only care about money and not investing hard time. :(

If you mean the network sticking with it and letting it run its limited course, then yes. Other than that I would not want it to resemble the new BSG in any way.

I would love to see a good two-hour TV movie of the apes using John Chambers makeup. It would rock if it had a great plot and convincing acting. But...I know that won't happen.

If you mean the network sticking with it and letting it run its limited course, then yes. Other than that I would not want it to resemble the new BSG in any way.

Yes, that is what I meant. I haven't watched the new BSG series and am so far behind that I can't watch the new episodes as I would be lost. I'm talking about the great success that it has had.

I thought I was the only one that hated the new BSG. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I just thought of something today. When Taylor crashes his ship in the water it sinks. But when the Apes crash the ship in the water it floats.

What gives? :confused:

To everyone that got a copy of the DVD PZ sent out, post your thoughts and remarks here please. I should have but I forgot about this thread as I've been too consumed with SAVING for so long that I instinctively go there first. I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks about the new edited version. Signing off for the night. :)

During the flamethrower scene, is that the original score? I don't remember it sounding like that. It was fun to listen to.

I was rewatching the Surgeon today, and noticed that they used the same operating tables as the first movie. Never saw that before. Didn't recognize them because they were heavily padded. Also, Virdon would eventually have died because Leander never disinfected his hands when he helped put a clamp to stop some bleeding.

Every time I check Ebay under 16mm films for POTA TV series, SURGEON is the most common film for auction. :lol

Talk about recycled props, just watch Conquest. All the courtroom murals are there.

Angel, you did an awesome job on those wall murals!

So, if the wall murals are there in conquest, does that mean that this location is ground zero for ape city in POTA?

Back