Pixletwin's ANH 1:6 VADER Experiment Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader's going back!

Sucks! But a tip of one tusk is broken off and nowhere to be found. Calling SS tomorrow to set up return.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Just to be clear... the right tusk should be all black with no tip. The left has a silver tip. Just wanted to save you trouble in case you were unawares.

Vader's going back!

Sucks! But a tip of one tusk is broken off and nowhere to be found. Calling SS tomorrow to set up return.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Hey FlyAndFlight, my tusk broke off and got lost too. But I'm working on a solution. I will let you know if it is a success by tomorrow.

One of my tusks broke off as well and also there was some skuff marks on the sides of his helmet. :banghead

My Vader arrived :banghead :monkey2 :(

2yl5tsy.jpg

I don't mean to joke, but it looks like Vader tied one on last night.

Hey FlyAndFlight, my tusk broke off and got lost too. But I'm working on a solution. I will let you know if it is a success by tomorrow.

Thanks, bro! :rock

Just to be clear... the right tusk should be all black with no tip. The left has a silver tip. Just wanted to save you trouble in case you were unawares.

Wait, would that be Vader's right tusk or the one on the right when we're looking at him? My Vader's right tusk is missing the tip that the other side has. It actually feels broken, too. So this is normal???

Seems like it was just confirming what we already knew--they ship out according to your order time, with a hiccup here and there.

But I actually thought this was a great experiment that I hope Pix or someone else will pick up. Maybe for just the more important releases, since I know it's probably a lot of work. It's good to know where you are on "the list", so you can anticipate if your figure is due to ship, or if you'll have to wait a few more days. I'm sure it's even more helpful for the waitlisters, since they can get a better sense of how far down they are on the list!

I always do it for the Sith releases. :maul :vader :emperor

I got my shipping notice too! Will be arriving on Monday the 20th! But international shipping was $60! Looking forward to it still though :woo

It's 8 days late from going to the wrong place, but my Vader finally arrived. The silver tusk was broken off, and the helmet looks as off in-hand as it does in the photos.

WTF Pix? Control your thread man! :whip But seriously I just received mine last night and I am very excited. This is the culmination of years of wanting a badass Vader ever since SSC announce the 12" line back at SDCC 05' (I think). Very cool.

Last edited:
I definitely have a broken one.

I don't have the black tusk seen here in this photo, courtesy of MaulFan:
\

Sorry, my bad I didn't realize there was a tusk/ball on the end that is black. So yes, both should have tusks... but one should be black. Sorry for the confusion :duff

Sorry, my bad I didn't realize there was a tusk/ball on the end that is black. So yes, both should have tusks... but one should be black. Sorry for the confusion :duff

No probs :duff

I haven't heard back from SS yet but it would be nice if I could just send back the helmet and not the whole figure. I know that there haven't been any problems with the body, per se, but I would hate to return the figure for the tusk and have a new one come back with something else messed up. jkno's pics made me nervous...

i missed out on mine today. damn signature requirement. good thing they will be back tomorrow at the exact same time so i can miss it again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i tried calling UPS to ask for a later delivery but the stupid ^^^^^ said they can't do that. WTF?!?!? i used to do that all the time and they never had a problem with it. it's not like i'm in a big city or anything. i'm in hick town USA. population of a few thousand. what a load of crap. looks like this will be returned to sender.:(

No probs :duff

I haven't heard back from SS yet but it would be nice if I could just send back the helmet and not the whole figure. I know that there haven't been any problems with the body, per se, but I would hate to return the figure for the tusk and have a new one come back with something else messed up. jkno's pics made me nervous...

Kin Darkness had to send back the whole figure because of paint damage on the helmet... kind of sucks.

Just got my shipping notice from EU warehouse at Midnight!!! WTF? Anyhow, should be here on Monday 20th

I really hope he lives up to my expectations, if this sucka had a busted tusk...

Kin Darkness had to send back the whole figure because of paint damage on the helmet... kind of sucks.

Thanks and yep, it's shame having to send the whole thing back. I just wish I had found the little bit so I could super-glue it back on. But I'm looking at my Vader right now and his broken tusk is a buggin' me. Taunting me. And Vader has his pointing/force choke hand pointing at me as if mocking me... :monkey2

received..........

broken black tusk..:monkey2

found the bead in the box.....:chew

dropped it on the floor....:monkey2

found it again, glued it back.............:chew:chew

(seriously though........the amount of space between the protective cover & the tusks is insanely close. one good press to the outside & i can easily see two broken tusks)

Vader received on june 15th!.... All I can say is wow!

I think your experiment threads are awesome Pixel. Cool to see how everyone pretty much received their Vaders according to the placed orders list. Can't wait for the next list.

Back