Alert Line AL100044 - 1/6 WWII German Waffen-SS Nachtjäger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
a0.jpg

a15.jpg
a16.jpg

a11.jpg
a12.jpg
a13.jpg
a14.jpg

a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg
a10.jpg

Alert Line AL100044 1/6 WWII German Waffen-SS Soldier

1. Head Sculpture ×1
2. Body ×1
3. Hands ×3
4. Helmet ×1
5. Leather Helmet Lining ×1
6. Helmet Cover ×1
7. Field Cap ×1
8. M44 Uniform Coat ×1 (M44 Feldbluse)
9. Pea Dot Trousers ×1
10. Reversible Winter Parka ×1 (SS-Leibermuster camouflage)
11.M45 Uniform Coat ×1 (SS-Leibermuster camouflage)
12.M45 Uniform Trousers x1 (SS-Leibermuster camouflage)
13. Sweater ×1
14. Genuine Leather Boots ×1
15. Leggings ×1
16. Leather Belt
17. Canteen
18. Mess Kit
19. Breadbag
20. Canvas Y-Strap
21. Frame Carrier x1
22. Battery Pack ×1
23. MP44 Assault Rifle ×1
24. "Vampir" Infrared Night Vision Scopex1
25. Magazine ×7
26. Magazine Bag ×2
27. Fixed Strap ×3
28. Bayonet ×1
29. Bayonet Holster ×1
30. Shovel ×1
31. Leather Shovel Set x1
32. Cap Badge ×1
33. Medal ×3
34. Eagle Emblem ×2
35. Epaulette x2
36. Collar Badge ×1
37. Ribbon ×2

Last edited:
Some are wetting themselves over the ZG 1229 Vampir, but the boots don't look good and he has a Heer belt buckle.

SS-Leibermuster camouflage was intended to replace all previous patterns used by the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS, and was manufactured using special light-absorbing dyes to counter observation by infra-red night vision devices. The pattern was intended primarily for the manufacture of winter clothes and zeltbahnen, but very few soldiers seem ever to have been issued with it. (Waffen-SS Camouflage Uniforms, Daniel Peterson, 1995).

Last edited:
Some are wetting themselves over the ZG 1229 Vampir, but the boots don't look good and he has a Heer belt buckle.

My first cursory guess is the Vampir must have been a late war development. ( Imagine what Germany could have developed and deployed if they had another two years....)

Maybe you are seeing what I'm seeing. To make this effective, you'd want a longer barrel, a shorter magazine, as you'd want the shooter to be prone as much as possible, and you'd definitely want a bi-pod. But again, if this is late war, then you have to work within your limitations. Should the night vision have been made at all? Or deployed on another platform, etc, etc.

My first cursory guess is the Vampir must have been a late war development. ( Imagine what Germany could have developed and deployed if they had another two years....)

Maybe you are seeing what I'm seeing. To make this effective, you'd want a longer barrel, a shorter magazine, as you'd want the shooter to be prone as much as possible, and you'd definitely want a bi-pod. But again, if this is late war, then you have to work within your limitations. Should the night vision have been made at all? Or deployed on another platform, etc, etc.

The Wiki page on it is short, but this is the last paragraph:

Vampir gear was first used in combat in February 1945. However, introduction of infrared devices for small arms began in early 1944. 310 units were delivered to the Wehrmacht at the final stages of the war. Eastern Front veteran reports consist of snipers shooting at night with the aid of 'peculiar non-shining flashlights coupled with enormous optical sights' mounted on their rifles. Similar infrared gear was fitted both to MG 34 and MG 42 machine guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielgerät_1229

When you mentioned the barrel, it reminded me of the StG-44 adapted to shoot round corners:

Back