Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

That definitely looks like Keira Knightly and her Who Farted Face. Nice Figure and great pictures guys.

I tied a knot in the piece that goes over the scabbard first then tied a second knot to the loop on the waist. For the back one I just left my pinky the loop of the string so the knot wouldn't tighten all the way up against the back loop of the waist. Now you know why it took me so long to get the pics taken last night I spent like 15 min on that Scabbard. :rotfl

:lol:lol:lol:lol:monkey2

Thanks Bobfather. :rock

What's all this talk about a scabbard string??? Anyone got a picture of this thing?

It's just a regular string you have to thread through some holes, cut, and tie to hold up her scabbard. It's a pain. I haven't accomplished it yet. :lol

What's all this talk about a scabbard string??? Anyone got a picture of this thing?

Like Rory said it's a piece of black string you use to tie her scabbard to the rest of the figure. It really wasn't that hard but the instructions at least for me didn't help much.

Bob

Wow, that looks FANTASTIC!!

But, I just don't like the character enough to spend the money on it. If they made a DMC version, I'd jump on it, though.

As I pointed out in the Swann thread, the scabbard string is waxed on one end for easy threading. I didn't cut it, I tied the front on and then just ran it to the back hole on her belt to secure the rear part of the scabbard.

My thought:

A little slow at first. It took me about 20-30 mins to get into the flick. The rest of the time I loved it. It was on par with the first one IMO. WAY better than part two which was good because I thought 2 was a little weak. The trilogy as a whole is one of the best IMO. I'd give this film a thumbs up.
did you watch it past the credits to see the extra scene??

As I pointed out in the Swann thread, the scabbard string is waxed on one end for easy threading. I didn't cut it, I tied the front on and then just ran it to the back hole on her belt to secure the rear part of the scabbard.

I was going to do it that way but didn't like the way it looked and I was having a hard time getting the darn thing tied. So I just did the hard one first and took what was left and did the back one. My string was waxed on both ends I think you should complain Dave :rotfl

I was going to do it that way but didn't like the way it looked and I was having a hard time getting the darn thing tied. So I just did the hard one first and took what was left and did the back one. My string was waxed on both ends I think you should complain Dave :rotfl

I think the free shipping should apply to Canadians close to South Dakota in a geographical sense Bob. :monkey3

I want to get a Jack and build the little scene from Curse of the Black Pearl of him riding the mast of the ship as it sank. Do you guys think a CotBP Jack would be much different than the current HTv1?

I want to get a Jack and build the little scene from Curse of the Black Pearl of him riding the mast of the ship as it sank. Do you guys think a CotBP Jack would be much different than the current HTv1?

I don't think it would stand out really all that much.

Some of the differences are:

Pants - P1, bluish gray / P2 & 3, brownish gray

Belt - P1, single belt / P2 & 3, two belts

Scabbard - P1, darker material, simpler buckle / P2 & 3, more brown, more complex buckle

Trinkets - P1, only compass on belt / P2 & 3, compass, tails, monkey paw and assorted items hung from belt

Most of those are so subtle, plus with the v1 figure not being entirely accurrate anyway with the coat color and all, that only the avid Sparrow fan like me who's studied the differences would notice.

COTBP

cjs1.jpg

DMB & AWE

cjs2.jpg

I'm still sitting here waiting for delivery of Jack Sparrow today...

It's dark, it's cold, it's gonna rain... but my hopes remain.

3f0f94a8.jpg

Elizabeth, that outfit is entirely unflattering, it should either be a dress or nothing at all. I happen to have no dress on board :)

My Elizabeth is due tomorrow, finally a companion piece in my POTC collection.

GOT HIM! Finally...

He's really heavy. Tall too. Amazing detail. So much so I'm almost afraid to redress him.

Any tricks to know? Did anyone heat up the head to get the dreads to hang right? Also, my sword belt is across his chest but looks short, hanging near his ribs...is that just a buckle adjustment thing?

No instructions with mine. I assume the hanging of his gear is just obvious, follow the box pictures?

Quick pics:

JackSparrow1.jpg

JackSparrow2.jpg

JackSparrow3.jpg

GOT HIM! Finally...

He's really heavy. Tall too. Amazing detail. So much so I'm almost afraid to redress him.

Any tricks to know? Did anyone heat up the head to get the dreads to hang right? Also, my sword belt is across his chest but looks short, hanging near his ribs...is that just a buckle adjustment thing?

Quick pics:

JackSparrow1.jpg

JackSparrow2.jpg

JackSparrow3.jpg

Wor-Gar, I completely adjusted Jack's wardrobe, it's no sweat, his head comes off real easy. I futzed his shirt and vest how I wanted, tied the sash around, did up his belts and threw the jacket on. I didn't do anything to his head. As for his sword belt, I forgot to mention that earlier as another small flight, it's just SLIGHTLY too small, and there's really no extra length to it to loosen through the buckle, maybe the v2 figure will have one with more material to it.

Wor-Gar, I completely adjusted Jack's wardrobe, it's no sweat, his head comes off real easy. I futzed his shirt and vest how I wanted, tied the sash around, did up his belts and threw the jacket on. I didn't do anything to his head. As for his sword belt, I forgot to mention that earlier as another small flight, it's just SLIGHTLY too small, and there's really no extra length to it to loosen through the buckle, maybe the v2 figure will have one with more material to it.

Cool. This one should be fun -- lots of clothing and extras. Well worth the price.

I rather like his expression, good for fighting Davy Jones some day.

I've got a few strands of "hair" bending around so I thought maybe a little heat would allow them to settle back to the form.

I'll know better when I futz him, but right now he's excellent. Great purchase. Maybe a little water and stretching of that belt and some dirtying on the sash and he's good to go. They even have dirt on the jacket. Nice. I definitely think a dunk into some dark forest green dye will give you the color of Jack's jacket. I better watch the film again to make sure. I remember in COTBP it was a dingy dark brown/green... but maybe in DMC/AWE it changed color like his pants.

This one pretty much has me sold now -- got to get Cannibal Jack!

Holy crap Rory, those are some great pix!!

And congrats WG!

Cool. This one should be fun -- lots of clothing and extras. Well worth the price.

I rather like his expression, good for fighting Davy Jones some day.

I've got a few strands of "hair" bending around so I thought maybe a little heat would allow them to settle back to the form.

I'll know better when I futz him, but right now he's excellent. Great purchase. Maybe a little water and stretching of that belt and some dirtying on the sash and he's good to go. They even have dirt on the jacket. Nice. I definitely think a dunk into some dark forest green dye will give you the color of Jack's jacket. I better watch the film again to make sure. I remember in COTBP it was a dingy dark brown/green... but maybe in DMC/AWE it changed color like his pants.

This one pretty much has me sold now -- got to get Cannibal Jack!

DO NOT DYE OR WATER TREAT THE JACKET

I think it was MurderOfCrows tried it and the results were not good, it's best to just leave well enough alone with the Jacket.

As for his dreads, I didn't have any issues with mine but I got him back in like August so maybe this wave comes packed a lil funky. You'll love how the soft dreads allow cool head posing.

Back