NECA POTC Series 1 Davy Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am Chakor Channing (that's not my real name, but it works as an internet alias), and I am a Sideshow Freaks newbie. I've been collecting a good number of action figures based on my favorite movies for at least eight years now. As my first post here, I thought I would share one of my latest scores from eBay.

This is the NECA Pirates of the Caribbean series 1 Davy Jones figure. I've wanted a good 7" scale representation of Davy for my collection for years but never really searched hard enough until now. This 7" scale version seems to be (relatively) rare, as I can't find a single one of these mint in packaging on eBay at the moment. I was lucky to pick this figure up for about $35 on eBay last week. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is one of my favorite movies of all time and Davy Jones is one of my favorite characters of all time, so I'm very happy to have this figure. Here are some pics.

Davy in packaging.

necadj1.png

The figure in its entirety.

necadj2.png

Closeup of the face. You've gotta admit, the detail on this is amazing.

necadj3.png

The figure from the back.

necadj4.png

Thanks for looking,
Chakor Channing

Hello everyone,

I am Chakor Channing (that's not my real name, but it works as an internet alias), and I am a Sideshow Freaks newbie. I've been collecting a good number of action figures based on my favorite movies for at least eight years now. As my first post here, I thought I would share one of my latest scores from eBay.

This is the NECA Pirates of the Caribbean series 1 Davy Jones figure. I've wanted a good 7" scale representation of Davy for my collection for years but never really searched hard enough until now. This 7" scale version seems to be (relatively) rare, as I can't find a single one of these mint in packaging on eBay at the moment. I was lucky to pick this figure up for about $35 on eBay last week. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is one of my favorite movies of all time and Davy Jones is one of my favorite characters of all time, so I'm very happy to have this figure. Here are some pics.

Davy in packaging.

necadj1.png

The figure in its entirety.

necadj2.png

Closeup of the face. You've gotta admit, the detail on this is amazing.

necadj3.png

The figure from the back.

necadj4.png

Thanks for looking,
Chakor Channing

Could be a bootleg from China.

That looks fantastic. I've been meaning to add a Davy Jones to my collection, but the HT is absurdly expensive, so I may look into this. Thanks for posting. :)

View attachment 317178

Well its weird he couldn't find one MIP and he just so happenshe to find one on ebay. We all know NECA figures get bootlegged a lot. Wouldn't you want to know if your figure was a possible bootleg?

Well its weird he couldn't find one MIP and he just so happenshe to find one on ebay. We all know NECA figures get bootlegged a lot. Wouldn't you want to know if your figure was a possible bootleg?
Generally the bootlegs will have images with the figure in a really nice, white, environment. If the pic from your listing wasn't like this it likely isn't a bootleg.

Generally the bootlegs will have images with the figure in a really nice, white, environment. If the pic from your listing wasn't like this it likely isn't a bootleg.

Correct. The pic in the eBay listing was an actual photograph of the figure in packaging. I am 100% convinced of its authenticity. The seller dropped the price and listed the figure as "Used" because the packaging "had a lot of scuffs".

Ah the good NECA days of $14.99 a figure. I'm glad I collected in that era. Where you could but two of each figure (one to display and one MOC). :yess:

Go back and look at the paint apps of the original Hellraiser, AVPR Wolf crazy amazing paint apps that even today's NECA AVP line cannot capture!!

Very cool!
I always enjoy finding these old NECA action figures, i.e: Die Hard, V for Vendetta.

And welcome to the forums!

Back