Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

My thought:

A little slow at first. It took me about 20-30 mins to get into the flick. The rest of the time I loved it. It was on par with the first one IMO. WAY better than part two which was good because I thought 2 was a little weak. The trilogy as a whole is one of the best IMO. I'd give this film a thumbs up.

Excellent. I can't wait to see it again. I know I'll like it better the second time around. I do remember it seemed to drag in the beginning, although I liked the Chinese fireworks stuff. But like Maulfan says, you really have to watch these films multiple times to get into them and fully appreciate all the detail that goes with it.

Posted this in the Swann thread but Figure I best put it in the official thread as well. Since I took a ribbing in the other thread I am offering Free Shipping to the lower 48 states the code is swann if your interested.

I traveled threw the harsh winters night for these pictures and left the good camera at home sorry. 11 more on the site from the link below I will try and get better shots sometime tomorrow. A few shots with Sao Feng for a height comparison.

Swann Gallery

swann1.jpg

I'm fighting the temptation to order Sao Fang with Free Shipping from FS Bob. I really am....:lol

(3400th post!)

Damn, Swan really does look great.

I should order these off of you Bob.

Thats what I'm thinking.

Will we get free shipping on both Jack and Swan? And if I order tomorrow will I get them by X-Mas?

If so, I think I will order them tomorrow.

She does look great. I'm supposed to get her today so we'll see.

Wow those are good prices... and even though $100+ is a lot for a 1/6 figures, these really are worth the extra scratch!

Thats what I'm thinking.

Will we get free shipping on both Jack and Swan? And if I order tomorrow will I get them by X-Mas?

If so, I think I will order them tomorrow.

Yeah you should get them in week of the teens at least. But you never know with how UPS can be during the holiday season.

Bob

I'm insanely debating on getting all three figures from Bob if he's offering free shipping. I got a week to sleep on it for now, according to him.

Posted this in the Swann thread but Figure I best put it in the official thread as well. Since I took a ribbing in the other thread I am offering Free Shipping to the lower 48 states the code is swann if your interested.

Thanks! I took advantage of this and ordered Swann. Now Jack will have a companion.:D

Does Swann come with two strings to tie the scabbard on or am I supposed to cut one? ALso, how do you get her necklace on, am I supposed to pull off her head?

Here are some quick pictures. Need some help getting on the scabbard....anyone want to let me in on their secret?:eek:

3f0f94a8.jpg

5c4f93e7.jpg

0846c449.jpg

53a1a57a.jpg

949bd579.jpg

8da2c336.jpg

Nice pictures Rory, did you have that brick backdrop from something else or does it come with her. Can't wait til tomorrow, she's looking better with each picture. Is it wrong when a figure head looks hot :confused:

Nice pictures Rory, did you have that brick backdrop from something else or does it come with her. Can't wait til tomorrow, she's looking better with each picture. Is it wrong when a figure head looks hot :confused:

:lol At the hot thing.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. :rock The brick backdrop does not come with Swann, it's actually a part of the Enterbay Bruce Lee figure. I just placed her there for no real reason-just laziness. :eek::lol

Here's a picture of Bruce just for fun. He was standing beside Swann at one point. :lol

d406e59d.jpg

e0821d89.jpg

Here are some quick pictures. Need some help getting on the scabbard....anyone want to let me in on their secret?:eek:

I tied a knot in the piece that goes over the scabbard first then tied a second knot to the loop on the waist. For the back one I just left my pinky the loop of the string so the knot wouldn't tighten all the way up against the back loop of the waist. Now you know why it took me so long to get the pics taken last night I spent like 15 min on that Scabbard. :rotfl

Does Swann come with two strings to tie the scabbard on or am I supposed to cut one? ALso, how do you get her necklace on, am I supposed to pull off her head?

I only had one and cut it. Yes pull her head off to get the necklace on.

ALso, how do you get her necklace on, am I supposed to pull off her head?

Probably, I'm assuming its like the Predator neckwear that you put on before the head. The HT heads all come off fairly easily so I bet they made it sort of a backwards building.

Back