Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

Gonna see a screening of this at the El Capitan in Hollywood this Tues night! :yess:

This movie is my last hope for the summer.

Gonna see a screening of this at the El Capitan in Hollywood this Tues night! :yess:

This movie is my last hope for the summer.

*Jealous*

Luv all the POTC films. Can't wait. Watched every trailer. IMO looks awesome. Buying the HT too (own the other three). Got a spare Phicen "No Tomorrow" base too think it will be great w. POTC figs w. a few mods.

Too bad doesn't look like the mermaids will be back but happy to see Jack Sparrow & co. esp. Gibbs and Barbossa!:rock

mermaids_opt.jpg

From March 30 to April 18, no one even posted here, was starting to think no one but me even cared about seeing this :lol

No. It's been a must-see for me since the news broke. Disney I think handled this franchise wisely, giving enough time for folks to miss Jack and now there's a lot of PR and good buzz etc. and LOL I'm frustrated hafta wait for opening day:(:(:(. Hope there are collector cups and everything at the theater.:cool:

Looks like a great cast, plenty of imagination, friggin' Javier Bardem!!! and the peanut gallery can say what they want, there's nothing like the Jack Sparrow Depp created (and Disney originally had a cow over the portrayal and apologized to Depp for being wrong later).

(Hackers can go f_______ themselves:mad: I'm seeing this in the best theater I can get to...)

Yup this is what i'm looking forward to most this summer besides WW. Wor, let us know if you like it!

Of course I will. I'm about even on expectations, not expecting too much nor too little -- expecting a retread at best, so I shouldn't be too disappointed one way or the other unless its just a stinker.

Hope it's good Wor-Gar, let us know if Paul McCartney plays a 'Live or let die' sea shanty :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have to imagine Alice Cooper will be in the next film with Depp touring around with him and the Hollywood Vampires. Its got to be a running gag now having aging rock stars as pirates. Maybe we'll even get Steven Tyler and Gene Simmons in there eventually :lol

Man, I thought "after all these years, can Grace Randolph come off as less of an asshat". Apparently not, go back to IndyMogul! :lol However, I watched the video, she makes good points, I'm still excited but my expectations are in check. :D

It's all subjective, but there are two things she mentioned that worries me, Salazar's role, and the way Jack is depicted in the film, and it seems she clearly gets what made the original Jack character appealing. He was a functional "drunk," but a smart, clever, and insightful drunk. He wasn't just silly or funny. There was still an edge and coolness about him, which the young CGI Jack seems to have in this film according to Grace.

It's all subjective, but there are two things she mentioned that worries me, Salazar's role, and the way Jack is depicted in the film, and it seems she clearly gets what made the original Jack character appealing. He was a functional "drunk," but a smart, clever, and insightful drunk. He wasn't just silly or funny. There was still an edge and coolness about him, which the young CGI Jack seems to have in this film according to Grace.

Exactly, I kinda figured Depp would be hamming it up anyways, he's been on auto-pilot now since AWE. The young sparrow parts is what I'm looking forward to most.

Hopefully it's not cringe-worthy and it can put a little nostalgia smile on my face for old time's sake.

Well, he liked it and he thinks this is the best since the first film.

He does give away a few details about the beginning, so watch at your own risk.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't watch, but I trust Campea a lot more than Grace. Good news to me. :duff

Checked out both reviews, and I can almost sense their mindsets going in. She sounded like she loves Pirates 1, and has progressively become more and more disappointed with each sequel, but goes in hoping for the next sequel to be the one that recaptures all the glory she loved from the first film and the second it doesn't meet that, she's disinterested.

He sounds like he's been disappointed with the sequels as well, but comes off like he enjoyed them enough and walks into each one waiting to see what it turns out to be and finds the pros and cons of it.

If your mindset is like hers, I don't think you'll ever be happy with a Pirates sequel. If you're like him, you'll probably have a good time.

I've talked to people who have said Jack in POTC 1 and Jack in every sequel are two different people, for me, I've always seen Jack as one person and consistent throughout.

My issues with the films have had more to do with sequences or story problems, like AWE overly complicated the story with too many betrayals and backstabbings, etc., and the weird Calypso storyline, and 4 is weak for me in the lack of a sense of grand adventure like the reviewer just mentioned, 4 was enjoyable as a Jack Sparrow character film, but it didn't quite feel Pirates of the Caribbean overall, but based on trailers, I'm more hopeful of Dead Men Tell No Tales capturing those qualities back.

Back