Mission Impossible 7 & 8 filming back to back

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
Paramount Pictures announced the release dates for the next two installments in the Mission: Impossible franchise, with Mission: Impossible 7 out in theaters on July 23, 2021 and Mission: Impossible 8 out on August 5, 2022. These two films, which will be filmed back-to-back, will see the return of franchise icon Tom Cruise, reprising his role as IMF Agent Ethan Hunt, and director Christopher McQuarrie, who helmed the last two Mission: Impossible entries.

I wasn’t a huge fan of 5 but I thought they did a really good job on 6. Really entertaining flick. (Still can’t believe BP robbed this of ‘best stunts’ at SGA)

Rebecca Ferguson has also confirmed she’ll be back.

Maybe they'll end The Syndicate storyline in this two-parter. I have faith in McQuarrie that both movies will deliver. Tom has to do these back-to-back because he can't wait another 3-5 years between two more sequels.

Hopefully they'll also introduce the 'new recruit' who Hunt will mentor in IM: 9 and 10 to come.

I’m just grateful the ‘new recruit’ he mentors is no longer Jeremy Renner like in the original plan. Dodged a bullet there :lol

I actually wouldn’t mind if Ferguson’s character takes over either, based on the fact that’s she’s a good character as opposed to a strong woman

As long as she has the stamina to output his level of energy and stunts etc, anyway (as that’s the franchise’s big draw now and I doubt it’ll return to the pulp style of the first).

Not opposed to a more traditional replacement either.

Maybe they'll end The Syndicate storyline in this two-parter. I have faith in McQuarrie that both movies will deliver. Tom has to do these back-to-back because he can't wait another 3-5 years between two more sequels.

Hopefully they'll also introduce the 'new recruit' who Hunt will mentor in IM: 9 and 10 to come.

So, any predictions on his successor? Have any up-and-coming actors been roped in by Scientology recently? :wink1:

I saw the last one on a flight, and thought it was awesome. Particularly in comparison the lame Venom movie that I saw on the flight back. This is good news, but I hope it isn't a cliff-hanger ending to part 1 that leads into the 2nd one. Better to create 2 self-contained, loosely inter-related films, as the others in the series are.

^That’d be Michael B. Jordan, he’s rumoured to be the next ‘everything’ the moment speculation begins. He was even being pushed for Superman after the whole Cavill thing :lol

Sadly it was too late for Kyle Reese. ''I know, I'm going to play this beloved character as generically as possible''

Yeah apparently he thought he was still playing John McClane's son.

As if "And I volunteered for this?" is even remotely close to being something that Kyle Reese would ever say. :slap

Dear lord, I forgot about that line.

And then the sit-com family Sarah and T-800. Really a terrible Terminator film. It did give us a fun thread though.

That it did. And it did give us a decent future battle that led directly into the events of T1. Too bad it wasn't another RO that could easily exist side by side with the original canon.

Back