Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

I always wanted to see a younger Jack Sparrow on film.

The film looks pretty cool.

Bardem seems like a memorable villain.

Yea I'm liking everything I've seen so far. The end had me laughing :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the story feels repetitive but i like all the new actors and the humor is funny. i liked the shark zombie. the bad guy is definitely interesting

Finally a good trailer. Though, yes, after the prologue with young Jack it does seem very familiar. Still, a good villain finally to follow up Davy Jones.

This is so cool.

It ,ight be the best de-aging effect I've seen so far :D

6pjzEEw.gif

8sxCbJr.png

Holy crap that looks very good, 0 uncanny valley there.

Mhmmm this isn't looking so bad, other than that dude from Gods of Egypt they keep trying to make happen, it looks decent.

And Effy :drool I didn't know she was in this.

5a688039f9a23537beba5fe561061323.gif

I think they were wise to focus on a core villain and having him being connected to Jack strongly, that seems to make for the best films. Pirates 4 had a weak connection for Jack, Angelica wasn't the main villain and all he did was nail her and run. Barbossa mutinied Jack and left him to die, Davy Jones made a deal with him and sent him to the locker, and now someone Jack cursed to death is back for vengeance.

Only thing I don't like about young Jack is him having the compass, I feel like he's too young to already have it.

I wonder if they'll remember to give him the brandmark of Cutler Beckett.

I wonder if they'll remember to give him the brandmark of Cutler Beckett.

I don't think he has it yet...does he?

According to the book, The Price of Freedom, Jack was a pirate since he was young, but by age 25 he wasn't, he was a sailor, working for the East India Trading Company, and when he refused to transport 100 slaves and set them free, he was captured and branded a pirate. Then they burned the ship with Jack in it, and that's when Jack called Davy Jones and made a deal to be captain and have the fastest ship, the black pearl which kept the black color because it was burned, but he lost the ship to Hector 2 years later, and 10 years after he lost the ship we meet Jack in the first film, still searching for his Pearl.

This film might take place before he became a sailor, when he was a pirate.

the story feels repetitive but i like all the new actors and the humor is funny. i liked the shark zombie. the bad guy is definitely interesting

People say TFA was a rehash of SW.........

This looks like a retelling of POTC.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only thing I don't like about young Jack is him having the compass, I feel like he's too young to already have it.

Maybe the compass also sent Jack on his dreaded course... maybe he would have been a better man without the thing.

Back