Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

I don't know what you guys are on about, but I'm pretty excited for this. They're always really fun popcorn flicks. And the first 2 are up there on my list.

If it was a transformers situation and they were pumping out pirate movies every other year, it would be a different story. but they've spaced them out pretty wisely.

:goodpost:

The first two films are my favorite. They're fun adventure films and Capt. Jack and Barbossa are great characters. Davy Jones is visually stunning, and so are the films and music :D

I'm excited to see the OG cast return and if there's one thing Bardem can do well, is play a villain. His teaser trailer alone was better than the last pirate villain's entire role.

The only thing I'm not feeling is the young couple's subplot. It reminds me of the mermaid and the Christian guy in the last film.

:goodpost:

The first two films are my favorite. They're fun adventure films and Capt. Jack and Barbossa are great characters. Davy Jones is visually stunning, and so are the films and music :D

Yes, the music is awesome! I'd put AWE in there, but it's job was just to tie up knots from a better movie. There's some stuff I'd change in AWE (big growing gypsy), but for the most part it's a good end to DMC's story. The first 3rd of AWE is pretty awesome.

The only thing that can make me more excited for this, is if the rumors were true and Bloom/Knightley were reprising their roles. I'd like to see them back.

Yes, the music is awesome! I'd put AWE in there, but it's job was just to tie up knots from a better movie. There's some stuff I'd change in AWE (big growing gypsy), but for the most part it's a good end to DMC's story. The first 3rd of AWE is pretty awesome.

The only thing that can make me more excited for this, is if the rumors were true and Bloom/Knightley were reprising their roles. I'd like to see them back.

There are plenty of scenes that I like in AWE, but I fond the film a bit too convoluted with too many characters either lying or playing tricks on each other.

Also, when Will and Elizabeth get married while fighting? :monkey4

That was hard to watch...:lol It takes away any sense of danger. Thank god Davy Jones kills Will to bring some seriousness to the situation.

Also, when Will and Elizabeth get married while fighting? :monkey4

Hence, why I say the first 3rd is much better. :lol

I hope we get a ship to ship battle like the first movie, (interceptor vs the pearl) that scene is just fantastic.

I'd put it on my top 10 scene list of all time. :lol

Not rumor, Orlando Bloom did return, Keira has not, at least not a starring role like Bloom, maybe a surprise cameo.

AWE is like the ROTJ of the original trilogy.

The first two rock... the 3rd has moments of delight and disappointment. Overall, pretty poor.

But I can't even sit through the 4th one anymore.

I like all PotC films tbh, though CotBP & DMC are obviously better than the other two. Still, I'll fokin fight you over 'em, I swear on me mum m8.

AWE is like the ROTJ of the original trilogy.

The first two rock... the 3rd has moments of delight and disappointment. Overall, pretty poor.

But I can't even sit through the 4th one anymore.

Sounds exactly like a certain other saga. :lol

Some new information:

- Reveal trailer: end of January/beginning February
- Runtime: 2 hours & 33 min
- 2 Soundtrack titels have been revealed: The Trident Will Be Mine + Cannon Battle
- Novelization is scheduled for April 11th
- LEGO is releasing a D2C-set for VIP members on the 16th of March (rumoured price: 250-300 USD)

some set images:

tumblr_ojxj16NUbd1tstluso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojxj16NUbd1tstluso2_1280.jpg

PotC501.jpg

PotC502.jpg

PotC504.jpg

PotC503.jpg

Thanks for the info!

PS: DST is gonna be making some PotC Minimates as well.

I have higher hopes for ghostly Salazar and his crew than what we were given with Blackbeard and his zombies (who really did act like zombies).

I have higher hopes for ghostly Salazar and his crew than what we were given with Blackbeard and his zombies (who really did act like zombies).

The “Zombies" did not translate to Zombies on screen. You had to look extremely hard to notice the thread around their mouths. I still find it hard to believe that the movie was based around the bald "white guy” Zombie’s prediction about “The one Legged Man” that sets Blackbeard on the path. Bald guy came across as only a unconvincing Zombie thug, not a guy who makes predictions!!

If you watched DEADWOOD then you would know how misused Ian McShane was (kind of like in Game of Thrones – WTF)

I know, the entire cast seemed misused in Pirates 4 -- from Sparrow seeming awkward, to the romance, to Blackbeard, to Penelope. The lead Zombie guy even spoke, which seemed to take away any creepy 'zombie-ness' he may have had. Just seemed like thugs painted like zombies.

Back