Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

emmm I thought the last one was good

On Stranger Tides? Really? even with the Will and Elizabeth clones?

pirates-of-the-caribbean-on-stranger-tides-sam-claflin-wallpaper-1113507419.jpg

To be fair I also don't like A Dead Man's Chest or At World's End (though the soundtrack is great) :lol

It's the Michael Scott "Die Hard" argument. In Part 1, Jack himself can't can't do anything a regular human couldn't. The more extreme stuff he gets away with, like a long fall off a cliff, is a complete accident. It lends itself to believability in writing. By three, he can balance on a wet sail mast in the rain, while sword fighting, holding a heavy chest, and getting sucked into a whirlpool as the ship rocks back and forth. It's a little too ott for me, much like Indy hopping into a fridge.

That's why I like four. They dialed that kinda action down but still needed to do away with the stupid mermaid love plot and focus more on making Blackbeard a bad-ass.

:lecture

That fight scene was dumb, and the love plot on Stranger Tides ruined the movie for me :lol but the ending was great

Last edited:

What did not work in ST was the zombies! It did not translate well to the screen.

I hated how they made Barbossa dress like Captain Crunch.

I loved it. Barbossa was the best character of PotC4 and his scenes with Jack were the best part.

Still not good enough to consider that movie... good. :lol

The only good thing about the third film was the soundtrack, and boy was it a good soundtrack.

I hated how they shoehorned in Keith Richards just because Depp based Sparrow on him. So gimmicky!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the scores for all three of the first films. It's hard to say which is my favorite.

Don't recall much of anything about the soundtrack for the fourth.

As long as Depp is back as Sparrow and Rush as Barbossa, I'm game. Blackbeard was a waste of a good actor but Depp and Rush make every second they're on screen, eapecially together, very entertaining. My big disappointment with 4 was the loss of a feeling of epic scale, camera shots were tight, no battle at sea, it just felt too different from the first 3 at times but it didn't make it awful.

As long as Depp is back as Sparrow and Rush as Barbossa, I'm game. Blackbeard was a waste of a good actor but Depp and Rush make every second they're on screen, eapecially together, very entertaining. My big disappointment with 4 was the loss of a feeling of epic scale, camera shots were tight, no battle at sea, it just felt too different from the first 3 at times but it didn't make it awful.

oh I don't like those sea battles... where everyone shouts all at once :lol That would never happen :rotfl
I find the best moments are ones like when Sparrow and Will commandeer Norrington's ship in the first movie.... that was great. I agree about the camera shots but I didnt find it annoying, it definitely felt different

Heres a link on Depp and his hand injury. The rest of the article sounds like gossip...but who knows. He's suppose to return to set 4/2. Anyways, I'm posting this because if you scroll down to the bottom of the article there are pics of what appears to be Salazar's ship.
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Last edited:

I like that the piece of eight on the bandanna is back on the right side, where it belongs, but I don't like the long hair and the light color.

Thank goodness the costume is the same...I don't need another Jack in my collection! I'd still like a Barbossa and Capt. Salazar.

New pic...Jack has a longer bandana charm, new belt, ring and tatts.
new_ja10.jpg

I think the tattoo on his fingers says "Jane"...but I could be wrong. I like that the bandana charm is back on the right side like in the first 3 films, but it needs a coin.

Back