Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that I actually didn't care for in AWE is the lack of Sparrow, he takes over the films.

Indeed, however, I don't think he could be like Bond in that it's a character that can be played by others successfully. I'm sure some folks feel Connery is Bond and whatever, but Sparrow is as much who he is because of Depp being himself untamed in the role, I'm not sure I'd ever want to see a Captain Jack adventure played by someone else.

Good point, he's more an enduring character like Indiana Jones.

I would much rather see a POTC with a 60 year old Captain Jack dealing with the changes of the world around him then watch a youngster step in and play him. Can you imagine POTC prequels played by Zac Efron? :lol

I hope that he does a trilogy, not just one. I don't care if Elizabeth and Will come back, but Barbosa has to return. It would be cool to see him chase after the Map that Jack stole and then both could wind up in New Orleans like the ride.

Speaking of Pirates, I've heard that when they build it(on hold now), the Pirates ride at Hong Kong Disneyland will be more like the film with much more of the film experience than the original attraction and will supposedly have a long drop like on Splash Mountain.

I am so ready for another Film!

I watched COTBP last night and I want something similar with classic Jack and Hector swashbuckiling and schemes.

ARRRGGH!

The Pirates sequels aren't bad. I don't understand the whining.

Granted, any shortcomings they had came from the studio pressing those two insecure writers to push out back-to-back scripts for the sequels. They were literally still writing Dead Man's Chest when the movie started shooting.

Hopefully the fourth installment will be thought-out and well-constructed to meet the audience's expectations.

I think this is great news!:chew

That's the way I feel too. I also don't like a sequel or prequel because I always like things to be left a little to the imagination. I like imagine how Jack got the pirate branding, how the whole Aztec Curse went down, and how Jack and Barbossa racing to the fountain of youth plays out. It seems that anymore anytime something is referenced in a movie or foreshadowed another movie to explain it is made, some things are just better left to the imagination. I think that is what made the prequels so hard for people, after 20 years of imagining what led up the Empire, what the clone wars were, etc. they just couldn't stand up to what people pictured.

They already have the story of him becomeing Cap'n Jack. They have a series of books out there already. Granted some of them are young reader books but they have the story pretty much fleshed out that way. Leave the prequel alone and work on a continued story. I would love to see jack look for the fountain battleing barbossa the entire time. Maybe even throw in some classic pirate characters also just for kicks.

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 will go before the cameras early-ish next year, according to a chat Coming Soon had with Disney's Head of Production Oren Aviv at Comic Con.

The Hollywood Reporter ran a story a couple of days ago suggesting that Johnny Depp would be kicking his heels for the immediate future, with none of his pencilled-in projects going anywhere soon. Or as they put it, he was facing "a landscape devoid of go pictures".

But Aviv seems confident that Depp won't be lounging around in his pants for too long. "We're going to shoot Pirates 4 in April and May of next year," he said, and went on to confirm that it will be the first of a hoped-for new trilogy, but that it will be filmed alone, unlike the back-to-back second and third instalments.

Intriguingly however, it does seem that Part 4 will feel like the start of a genuinely new series, since Aviv revealed the intention is very much to pare the franchise back: "It's important to me to scale it down, because we can't get bigger. [The previous films] got very complicated. I want to kind of reboot the whole thing and bring it down to its essence: just characters. It's important to get the story right."

No director is confirmed yet, so it won't necessarily be Gore Verbinski this time, and there will be no Orlando or Kiera. A relaunch on a smaller scale concentrating solely on Cap'n Jack is obviously a smart move for a franchise that was falling over its own feet by part 3, although Aviv wouldn't be drawn on whether we can expect substantial Sparrow back-story.

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25403

Sounds like there's potential for it be good, with "paring the franchise back". The sequels were too bloated, overblown and silly. I miss the old fashion swashbuckling with great characters adventure of Curse.

I really feel the series ended on a good note with the first three and I would rather not see a fourth. But it sounds like they are going in a good direction since they are going to do a fourth one.

"It's important to me to scale it down, because we can't get bigger. [The previous films] got very complicated. I want to kind of reboot the whole thing and bring it down to its essence: just characters. It's important to get the story right."

Thats just fine by me. I'm looking forward to it all ready.

Title (confirmed at D23 Expo):

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Summer 2011

_1252699532.jpg

Sweet - disappointing that perhaps the majority of the main cast won't be returning. I did love Tia Dalma/Calypso's character but now that she's been released from her human form, I think it's safe to say she won't be returning. As she would say, "'Tis a shame."

I hope minor characters like Scarlet and Giselle return, I loved how they incorporated them into every movie. Surely Barbossa and his crew will return.

I care most about Gibbs coming back, outside of Barbossa and Company, Gibbs and Jack were a funny pair.

Apparently, there is a pirate novel called "On Stranger Tides," and Disney bought the rights to it. Interesting...might be worth checking out.

Back