Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I FINALLY saw this movie today and I have to say I did enjoy it. It was on par with DMC and AWE and it didn't seem to drag on and on at points like those two did. Mermaids were cool, Blackbeard could have been a little more fierce but I expect that the real Blackbeard wasn't bad all the time so it was fine.

I will agree with a few others that Jack might have been in it a little too much.. he was better not being the main focus all the time.

Pirates 5 has to be a lock.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Set to Top $1 Billion at Worldwide Box Office
4:13 PM 6/30/2011 by Pamela McClintock

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The film will become only the eighth in history to reach the $1 billion mark.

Joining an elite group of movies, Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will jump the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office sometime this weekend.

Through Wednesday, the pic’s global cume was $992.9 million.
Only seven films in history have crossed the $1 billion milestone; On Stranger Tides will become No. 8.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest also is a member of the billion club, having earned $1.1 billion worldwide.

On Stranger Tides has done massive business at the international box office, where it’s grossed $761.9 million to date. Domestically, it’s cumed $231 million.

The success of the fourth Pirates is a big victory for Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, as well as director Rob Marshall.

I'm glad they're making a 5th but they need to go back to the old formular to make the next one more than just an average flick.

Well, I for one enjoyed the last one a lot more than DMC and AWE...
I think they actually did a better job in making the story simpler, and more fun than 2 and 3...
I wonder if Depp would come back... I read some where he's done, besides, he's gotta a bunch of projects lined up.
Who knows!

Where did you read that he was done? He on record throughout the promotion of OST saying that he would keep playing Jack Sparrow as long as they continued to ask him to...

He definately never said he was done, he said that he'd keep doing them as long as they keep going over well and I can't imagine this wouldn't be considered as such. He also said he only listened to the opinions of his kid(s) and that they enjoyed this new one.

I also thought OST was a better movie and better pirate suited theme then DMC and AWE, clearer and more focused, less bloated and hectic in trying to keep track of itself. I never found Davy Jones intimidating, and AWE has few redeeming qualities in my eyes, Shipwreck city looked cool and Keith Richards. The locker was ok too since in there you can go over the top. The original 3 had better cinematography and more interesting/ambitious shots and the like, but were driven way overboard by the ludicrous plot elements, few of which were remotely believable. It looks hilarious and was inventive when Cannibal King Jack is tied to that pole and does that flip over the mountain in DMC, but it's also a wtf jumped the shark moment I could ultimately do without. I'd rather they find a balance in that with 5 if it happens.

Hello,

Loved the whole series. Can't wait for the next one. Found a cool Captain Sparrow figure at 45Fresh.com from the 3rd film. Here's to another trilogy!

banksy_sparrow_open_popup.jpg

https://www.45fresh.com/product/Sci_Fi_Revoltech_Captain_Jack_Sparrow/action_figure

Thanks

I know this wasn't the most popular Pirates movie, but I've come accross something awesome that I wish was out there for every Pirates movie. If you search around online, look for the On Stranger Tides demo soundtrack, it's a 3 disc set comprising all of the music from the movie but also including alternate versions of parts. I'm so glad I found it, some of my most favorite parts of the score from the movie weren't on the regular release album.

^ Yeah, I downloaded it.

The score is alright. It's still one of Hans Zimmer's most laziest effort yet.

I still like it mostly because I do dig the Pirates music.

While it's a lazy score, at least the laziness results in a lot of use of the classic themes and some nice takes. I've really come to enjoy the music from the fight between Jack and Angelica at the beginning, and I love the mix of music when Jack leaves Angelica at the end.

Back