Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm off to find some 3-D glasses.

:lol :lol :lol

I do believe that Will could have a spot in this movie. Maybe a very quick spot where he is picking up "passengers" and says something like "More of Jack's handywork". But not much more than that.

It should be interesting to see if they do decide to place a cameo in there. i wouldn't mind seeing Will in that capacity just not as a main player.

Has anyone read the book? If so, is there any mention of Jack Sparrow's brother in it? There was a rumor about Russell Brand playing his brother in this one.

Russell Brand as a Sparrow? I don't like it...seems to obvious since Russell Brand is a walking caricature of the baffoonery that makes Jack Sparrow beloved. Comedically it'd be funnier considering his father and Jack himself if his brother were straightlaced and respected. I'd also rather see an actor who isn't really known for comedic turns suddenly appear in the role if its legit but Russell Brand is not really blowing up my skirt.

I've never heard of that guy, but I agree, if there's a Sparrow brother, contrast in personas would be more entertaining. Even Teague seemed unlike Jack, I got the impression Jack was sort of a screwball let down to his parents.

I didn't care for the last National Treasure movie. I liked the first one alot though. Hopefully the third one will be good, although its probably best left alone. I don't see them as being Indy knock offs. I think that's a big stretch, its clearly a Da Vinci code knock off. I really don't recall Indy solving all that many puzzles and figuring things out. A few sure.

I seriously thought about swiping some 3-D glasses from Disney today.

I would agreed before seeing Keith Richards in AWE, I think a straightlaced and tame Sparrow would be the letdown at this point...

Really, because Keith played Teague or his portrayal, because Teague came off to me as, maybe not straightlaced, but more serious, he seemed unlike Jack at all.

And hopefully a Barbossa. :D

Indeed, if the story really is the pursuit of the Fountain of Youth, hopefully Barbossas pursuit will be part of the story and just because Jack stole the map, won't mean he's out of the race. Of course, if Geoffrey Rush wont' reprise him, I don't want him in it.

I'll add that too, unless the same actor comes back, I don't want to see any previous characters coming back.

Really, because Keith played Teague or his portrayal, because Teague came off to me as, maybe not straightlaced, but more serious, he seemed unlike Jack at all.

I agree, he seemed like a more serious pirate what with his aherance to the code and all.

That and the way he was feared and respected, I could never see someone taking Jack seriously like that.

Russell Brand as a Sparrow? I don't like it...seems to obvious since Russell Brand is a walking caricature of the baffoonery that makes Jack Sparrow beloved. Comedically it'd be funnier considering his father and Jack himself if his brother were straightlaced and respected. I'd also rather see an actor who isn't really known for comedic turns suddenly appear in the role if its legit but Russell Brand is not really blowing up my skirt.

I agree. But Brand trying to live a respected, straightlaced life, fighting his Sparrow nature which all begins to unravel once Jack shows back up could be interesting. It could mirror Will, Norrington and Elizabeth's "corruption" by pirate life. He could even join Barbossa's crew against Jack. Jack definitely needs a new stuffy Will type character to play against.

Plus, Jacky's brother could breathe new life into the series, give it a new dimension all the while deepening Jack's history and character. And if he dies in a sequel, he'd bring that element of sadness and loss that's in the previous PotC flicks.

Last edited:
I don't want to get tied up in expanding casts and laborious sentimentality again. I've seen enough people coming to grips with their inner pirate and making amends with their grimey, long lost family members.
Keep it (relatively) lean and (family friendly) mean.
That said, I'll be there with Mickey ears on and probably love it regardless.

it must have been electric in that room when Depp showed up

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/O1YgGoxNxzU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/O1YgGoxNxzU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's why I know Johnny will always be back to play Jack, I'm sure he was paid to do that, but I think he really loves being Jack Sparrow.

I just hope POTC 4 loses Jack's buffoonish antics in the sequels. The character was quirky but intelligent in the first film, the clever manipulator playing the fool, but in the sequels he was the fool attempting to play the clever manipulator and that didn't work.

This character is too good to be used as the comic relief. This will be the first movie that will revolve around him (without Will and Elizabeth), I hope they actually make it count instead of making it silly.

it must have been electric in that room when Depp showed up

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/O1YgGoxNxzU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/O1YgGoxNxzU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is freaking awesome. I've always thought it would be cool if celebrities did that at SDCC for whatever movie they are there for. Can you imagine how cool it would have been for Iron Man or the Dark Knight?

I just hope POTC 4 loses Jack's buffoonish antics in the sequels. The character was quirky but intelligent in the first film, the clever manipulator playing the fool, but in the sequels he was the fool attempting to play the clever manipulator and that didn't work.

This.

The Sparrow persona was tired by film 2, and it never evolved, in all the slow as molasses 4-5 hours of Dead Man's Chest and At World's end.

I guess I'm an anomaly, I see Jack as the same guy from Curse through World's End, I don't see any change from Curse to Chest other than showing more of his wacky side for laughs, but I don't perceive it as changing him and showing something that wasn't even there to be shown about him in Curse.

Back