Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starred Review. World Fantasy Award–winner Powers (Three Days to Never) demonstrates a precise control of complex narratives in this reprint of his rollicking and enchanting 1987 novel. Puppeteer John Chandagnac, bound for Jamaica to recover stolen money from his uncle, becomes Jack Shandy after pirates attack his ship and force him to join their crew. Shandy's struggle to accept his new life grounds the story for readers, even as Blackbeard and vodun magicians whisk everyone away to dreamlike lands where the Fountain of Youth itself awaits. The chaotic sea battles sing, though at times key events happen so quickly that they get lost in the shuffle as Jack tries to comprehend where he's going and what's at stake. This dark fantasy tale will appeal not just to pirate fans but also to anyone who appreciates Powers's talent for blending the most unlikely elements into a brilliantly cohesive whole. (Apr.)

It even includes the Fountain of Youth. I wonder if they had this novel in mind when they wrote the 3rd film?

I like that this movie is likely to be about the pursuit of the Fountain of Youth, closing AWE with that really has me wanting to see where that story goes, and hopefully they bring back Barbossa and make it a sort of race to get there.

I like that this movie is likely to be about the pursuit of the Fountain of Youth, closing AWE with that really has me wanting to see where that story goes, and hopefully they bring back Barbossa and make it a sort of race to get there.

That would be cool and hopefully no sign of Will or Elizabeth.

And I know this has nothing to do with 4. but the Lady Washington (AKA: The Interceptor) is docked at the Port of Edmonds for the weekend so I got a couple picures. I was 5 minutes late to get to go on deck but I may try again Sunday.

lw1.jpg

lw7.jpg

lw8.jpg

lw6.jpg

lw5.jpg

lw4.jpg

lw3.jpg

lw2.jpg

Last edited:
On Stranger Tides....huh......has a Cinemax vibe to it.....:lol

According to reports Orlando Bloom has already turned down offered participation in this film recently...guess it'll be just good ol' Jack for the most part.

I hope it doesn't have Will and Elizabeth, but just because I feel that their story is told. Will could of course have a role as captain of the Dutchman, but from the last movie I got the feeling that his job isn't really to get involved in swashbuckling escapades. He's stuck being a Ferry boat captain until he gets laid in 10 years.

As for the novel, is it possible that they bought the rights just so they could use the title, and not the story itself?

Now I'm off to find some 3-D glasses.

That would be cool and hopefully no sign of Will or Elizabeth.

And I know this has nothing to do with 4. but the Lady Washington (AKA: The Interceptor) is docked at the Port of Edmonds for the weekend so I got a couple picures. I was 5 minutes late to get to go on deck but I may try again Sunday.

lw4.jpg

Awesome! I got to see the Dutchman in July -

ry%3D480

Yeah, it's OT but when do we get to post boat pictures on this board? :lol

I hated the quest for immortality plot of the sequels and what it did to the Jack Sparrow character. I'm definitely not looking forward to more of that.

As for the novel, is it possible that they bought the rights just so they could use the title, and not the story itself?

That's possible. Or they could take whatever elements they like from the book. I doubt it will be a straight adaptation.

I hope it doesn't have Will and Elizabeth, but just because I feel that their story is told. Will could of course have a role as captain of the Dutchman, but from the last movie I got the feeling that his job isn't really to get involved in swashbuckling escapades. He's stuck being a Ferry boat captain until he gets laid in 10 years.

Now I'm off to find some 3-D glasses.

I do believe that Will could have a spot in this movie. Maybe a very quick spot where he is picking up "passengers" and says something like "More of Jack's handywork".

But not much more than that.

Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage announced a third 'National Treasure.'

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! No more Cage-in anything!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage announced a third 'National Treasure.'

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! No more Cage-in anything!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

You're thinking about it all wrong - the National Treasures franchise keeps him out of movies we want to see. It's like Nic Cage's personal movie prison. He's happy, were happy.

That's possible. Or they could take whatever elements they like from the book. I doubt it will be a straight adaptation.

Has anyone read the book? If so, is there any mention of Jack Sparrow's brother in it? There was a rumor about Russell Brand playing his brother in this one.

This is one of the few movies he's not bad in. I like the National Treasure movies.

Same here, I know many people don't like Cage or feel they're Indy knockoffs but I like him and the movies, glad there's going to be another one. Doesn't hurt I have a thing for Diane either.

Speaking of that, I hope there's some new POTC eye candy to fill the Knightley void :lol It's not a hug deal though, but it was always nice, wacky Sparrow, crazy pirate adventures, very cool villains and on top of all that a cutey to enjoy too, Swann was also a nice counter to Jack too, they were such polar opposites it was great whenever they were thrown together.

I hated the quest for immortality plot of the sequels and what it did to the Jack Sparrow character. I'm definitely not looking forward to more of that.

The quest didn't bother me, the execution of some of it's where they fell flat. With good writing it can be an interesting pursuit.

Back