Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean by this?

To me, Jack Sparrow was Depp doing his thing, I always got the impression Depp loved playing Sparrow cuz he could totally be what he wanted in the role.

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. You kinda answer it yourself there. Just let Depp do his thing.

Im actually down with this. I sorta didnt want another POTC because I liked how AWE ended...but man, if we could have Barbossa, and Jack, and no Liz/Will crap....that just sells it for me.

I wonder what crazy Sparrow rendition there will be for Hot Toys to make another Jack figure.

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. You kinda answer it yourself there. Just let Depp do his thing.

Well it sounded like your comment was saying that Depp didn't get to let loose as Jack as much as he could and my comments were saying I thought he was totally letting loose already and didn't hold anything back.

Well it sounded like your comment was saying that Depp didn't get to let loose as Jack as much as he could and my comments were saying I thought he was totally letting loose already and didn't hold anything back.

I see. No I agree with you. The dead weight I was referring to was Bloom and Kneightly.

I see. No I agree with you. The dead weight I was referring to was Bloom and Kneightly.

Now I follow what you're getting at; not that Depp didn't let loose as Sparrow, but that he had to share too much screen time, make Sparrow a more prominent character. I'd be all for that.

Now I follow what you're getting at; not that Depp didn't let loose as Sparrow, but that he had to share too much screen time, make Sparrow a more prominent character. I'd be all for that.

Same here. Depp is GOLD as Sparrow, one of the best characters ever put on film. I would pay just to see that. I could watch a movie about Jack Sparrow stuck on an island all alone for 2 hours. :lol

Indeed. I think a prequal type film would actually work for me. One with Depp and Rush and before the curse and the events leading up to it.

Indeed. I think a prequal type film would actually work for me. One with Depp and Rush and before the curse and the events leading up to it.

That'd be cool, even see like the situation that got Jack his "P" branding from Beckett. However, since they actual opened up an adventure and sort of defined it more at the end of AWE, I kinda more want to see where that goes.

It's just a shame as far as filmmaking, that they're doing another, the last films made had a perfect closing shot for tying up things up. I love how our last shot of Jack was a mirror to our first glimpse of him.

Same here. Depp is GOLD as Sparrow, one of the best characters ever put on film. I would pay just to see that. I could watch a movie about Jack Sparrow stuck on an island all alone for 2 hours. :lol

Agreed.

If they must do another PofC movie, make it a prequel all about Jack and how he came to be Captain Jack Sparrow.

It's just a shame as far as filmmaking, that they're doing another, the last films made had a perfect closing shot for tying up things up. I love how our last shot of Jack was a mirror to our first glimpse of him.

That's the way I feel too. I also don't like a sequel or prequel because I always like things to be left a little to the imagination. I like imagine how Jack got the pirate branding, how the whole Aztec Curse went down, and how Jack and Barbossa racing to the fountain of youth plays out. It seems that anymore anytime something is referenced in a movie or foreshadowed another movie to explain it is made, some things are just better left to the imagination. I think that is what made the prequels so hard for people, after 20 years of imagining what led up the Empire, what the clone wars were, etc. they just couldn't stand up to what people pictured.

Sparrow is such an endearing and enduring character that I think he could be as long-lifed as Dr. Who or James Bond. There's no reason not to keep making the continuing adventures of Cap'n Jack.

Sparrow is such an endearing and enduring character that I think he could be as long-lifed as Dr. Who or James Bond. There's no reason not to keep making the continuing adventures of Cap'n Jack.

Indeed, however, I don't think he could be like Bond in that it's a character that can be played by others successfully. I'm sure some folks feel Connery is Bond and whatever, but Sparrow is as much who he is because of Depp being himself untamed in the role, I'm not sure I'd ever want to see a Captain Jack adventure played by someone else.

Back