PF Lurtz is coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so jealous!! I had to cancel mine because of too much stuff on preorder. I can't wait to see the pics.

pic0001hg7.jpg

Since I cancelled mine, and then got it re-instated, my order page just says.."cancelled", Jennifer said that they can't change what's on the website....but, I don't know if my Lurtz has shipped!!!:(

Seaward said:
Tom, Congrats on the super low number on this sucker!!!

Yes, the lowest number Sideshow has ever shipped me!!! Even my Gray Hulk showed up with a higher number, as statistically unlikely as that may be. The bad news is that I am at work with my camera while Lurtz is sitting at home, so no other pictures today. The worse news is that my kids are scared of it and I don't think my wife wants it displayed around the house, and my office is pretty darn full. I had moved all of my LOTR stuff to home and now the office is devoted to Star Wars. Where does that put big scary Lurtz? I was already doubtful of whether or not I could devote the money and space to this line, and now that my wife and kids don't like it the pressure is really on. But I just can't bring myself to sell #039. Plus, 12" Aragorn is shipping this week and I can't afford both lines, so one of the two has to go.

What to do, what to do...

:confused:

ok, I never ever get those notices from SS on anything. I hope my order is ok. I ordered during the ordering frenzy right away, have heard nothing and my Lurtz Ex order is sitting in my account with nothing different on it. I know my credit card is ok, always wondered why I never ever receive anything until the shipping notice, then the invoice laster on after that. hmmm

Edit: Just checked again and there is a shipping soon now on the order

Congratz to you guys that have got him already. I know I still have to wait a couple of weeks before mine arrives, but I don't mind that much in the case of PF Lurtz exclu. It would be nice if I'd receive a low number for a change though. Not that important, but still, it would be nice. If SSC can't do it this time, they have a new chance when the ultimate Grey Hulk* starts shipping :D.

*that's the PF of course.

tomandshell said:
Yes, the lowest number Sideshow has ever shipped me!!! Even my Gray Hulk showed up with a higher number, as statistically unlikely as that may be. The bad news is that I am at work with my camera while Lurtz is sitting at home, so no other pictures today. The worse news is that my kids are scared of it and I don't think my wife wants it displayed around the house, and my office is pretty darn full. I had moved all of my LOTR stuff to home and now the office is devoted to Star Wars. Where does that put big scary Lurtz? I was already doubtful of whether or not I could devote the money and space to this line, and now that my wife and kids don't like it the pressure is really on. But I just can't bring myself to sell #039. Plus, 12" Aragorn is shipping this week and I can't afford both lines, so one of the two has to go.

Go with the PF line! WHo knows, Sideshow might release a PF Ringwraith soon and then you are going to be kicking yourself in the kuku!! And, who collects dolls anyways! :rolleyes:

tomandshell said:

Flip Aragorn for a profit, and be selective with your PF LOTR purchases. I'm getting Lurtz, and maybe a few others.

The CM Gandalf is what I really want. I hope it looks like Arnie, Jack, and Indy, and not like Aragorn.

Tom,
PF all the way. As somebody who only collects the 1/6 "dollies" thus far, I have been looking forward to Lurtz ever since I first saw pictures. I sold my entire SSW collection to put some money in the till for an engagement ring and car, and have been LOTR deprived in terms of collectibles. Lurtz has been the carrot at the end of the stick for me, and I can't wait 'till he is sitting at my doorstep. At the rate the 1/6 scale line is going, you'll be almost evenly paced with the PF releases, and just think how cool a Ringwraith at 24 inches is going to look, or the detail on a Moria Orc! Gandalf will be amazing in this line!

In terms of finding a place for him that isn't scary for the kids, I say move the more kid-friendly Star Wars stuff home and make room for Lurtz at the office...or in stick him in the fridge!

Keep the PF no doubt.

Mine is still out for delivery ... I think I should switch to UPS, they always come about 10 am. :monkey5

elwood49 said:
Flip Aragorn for a profit, and be selective with your PF LOTR purchases. I'm getting Lurtz, and maybe a few others.

Better yet just cancel it. Instead of being a flipper. Go with the PF line Tom. I think that's more what you're into anyways right?

Back