PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anakin1138 said:
And when Gandalf will be announced many people will be disappointed not to have Frodo next to him on display! So act Now...

I will never have Gandalf be in Fellowship with the Thing!!!:lol

But, just as I am thrilled with Darkness, I am also very happy to those who love this piece!!!

Darklord Dave said:
Not plastic - it bends and stays that way. But I bent it back and there's no noticeable seam or anything.

Thanks for that, mine has a slight lean but I was terrified of trying to move it.

anakin1138 said:
but once is gone you'll have to pay more than 500 dollars for him!

hmmmm...not quite sure what you're basing this on :confused: Can't think of too many PF's off hand that have gone up in value at all, let alone doubled in value??

woodsy said:
hmmmm...not quite sure what you're basing this on :confused: Can't think of too many PF's off hand that have gone up in value at all, let alone doubled in value??

I agree. I think it will gain in value, but it will take a while. This line will have to be a bit further along and then you'll see it steadily creep up. Once we have more than half the Fellowship, this will be very hard to come by though.

Darth Loki said:
Once we have more than half the Fellowship, this will be very hard to come by though.

At the rate Sideshow's going...are we talking years...or decades :D

Darklord Dave said:
Frodo's sword is bendy! Through happenstance I found that if you accidentally bend Sting it bends back in place with no noticeable detriment!

Is it metal?

I do not know about the sword but I cracked the back of the left feet of my Frodo

Today I received him. I was so excited to fit it to the base and I push so much and it cracked :monkey4

Is is really difficult for SS to have a proper quality control system?

I had it super glued but I was really angry with SS and myself for a while

anyway, I am happy to see thta he is much more better than I have expected, there is no lazy eye issue with him as well

I love PF LOTR line even if it is only 1 statue per year
649 /1000

- -

- -

- -

MAGNIFICIENT

Congrats Gamit! I received mines today as well! I like it a lot from neck down. The base and the tailoring are excellent. Now I just need to find someone who'll be able to give Frodo's face a complete makeover!:)

Sorry to hear about the leg, Gambit!

I always break into cold sweat whenever I have to put a statue on a peg; the more so the heavier the statue is. Just a few degrees off the intended angle will put too much stress on what is a notoriously brittle material, and even if the inside of the peghole is strengthened, the structural stress applies to the whole leg.

Which is why I always devote half an hour to unpacking and displaying my pieces...

Oh, and thanks for the picture of the hooded Frodo! :)

Seretur said:
Interesting. Loki, do share your unbending experience, will you? :)

So I was very careful but I didn't have to apply too much pressure to get it back to where it should've been. I never fealt like it was going to break or anything so most of you should be safe when bending this back if you need to.

fantastic piece !

can't wait till mine is here.
Hope they start shipping in the EU soon ...

In the meantime, keep the pictures coming!
Can't get enough of them ...

gambit said:
BTW, I see the hood and try to put it on, but somehow the cape is not so soft

I need to work on it some more :rolleyes:

:lol for a moment there I thought Sideshow already produced Gandalf

I am new to the forum. I am a plastic surgeon and have a lot of experience looking a faces. I have also been building and painting styrene, vinyl and resin monster models for 40 years. Recently I have begun collecting Sideshow figures and I have high hopes for the LOTR PF series. I agree with the people that have not found the Elijah Wood likeness particularly convincing, and I think the biggest problems are the shape/color of the lips and the shape of the eyebrows, both of which I hope to correct with a little careful repainting. I will post "before and after" photos. I also intend to darken/detail the inside of the mouth.

Stupidly, I bought the regular version of the Lurtz PF and miss his bow. I am scratch building one which will hang over his shoulder on his back. I will post photos of this, as well. If anyone would mind taking a close up photo or two of their bow and email them to me I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Steve Harris

[email protected]

Welcome to the board Steve! Those sound like some pretty ambitious plans, but I can't wait to see the results. Good luck!

frodopf9.JPG

Fantastic pic. If the product picture on the SS site have been like this, I would have been seriously tempted :clap

I love my PF Frodo in his velvety pants! I thought the likeness to Elijah Wood was pretty good....much better than the polystone figure they had out earlier. I've yet to see a LOTR figure (PF, 12 inch, polystone) based on a human (or elf....or hobbit) that looked spot on. I'm not an artist, but human looking figures must be all the more difficult, because all the orcs, goblins, trolls, etc. are perfect. I've yet to see a LOTR figure that surpasses the awesomeness of Lurtz....and Gothmog on the Warg was damn impressive as well.

Glad to see you on the board, Steve!

Looks like you'll soon become the resident physician of the LOTR PFs, should they need one (and so far they indeed do).

Back