PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodsy said:
Perhaps if SS pays the sweatshop...errr...company in China a bit more money to produce their products, that company could pay their assembley line worker's $4 a day instead of $3, or provide them with prescription eyewear where needed.
I thought sideshow already increased their wages? Looking at the inflated prices of every collectible recentely, you'd think someone was getting a raise.:rolleyes:

Seretur said:
You know, Woodsy, you've just touched on the thorniest, trickiest issue in this entire collectible business.

:elf

I'm heading for cover as we speak. Let the shelling begin...:naughty

You barely notice the uniform paint on the mouth unless you're up close and examining it minutely. These pics really amplify problems that are nearly unnoticeable in person.

I was extremely disappointed in the paint job on the mouth at first.

But Dave is correct. In my curio cabinet, under proper lighting and with shadows being cast, you really can't see anything wrong with the mouth. Under natural lighting it looks fine.

This is getting ridiculous. I've never been so desperate for a PF in my life, but I just gotta get Frodo! Please Sideshow, make a contest I can win so that I can have one!!!

:monkey2

tomandshell said:
I was extremely disappointed in the paint job on the mouth at first.

But Dave is correct. In my curio cabinet, under proper lighting and with shadows being cast, you really can't see anything wrong with the mouth. Under natural lighting it looks fine.
You may not be able to see it Tom but you know it's there and you think about it every time:lol

tomandshell said:
In my curio cabinet, under proper lighting and with shadows being cast, you really can't see anything wrong with the mouth. Under natural lighting it looks fine.

Actually, when it's dark out and I turn off the lights to my curio cabinet I can't see any defects on any of my collectibles!

After watching Fellowship again last night, I'm beginning to appreciate this piece more and more. Give it a while and this will be a very sought after item.

Darth Loki said:
After watching Fellowship again last night, I'm beginning to appreciate this piece more and more. Give it a while and this will be a very sought after item.

I agree but I've been saying that from the start. All the pics I've seen of this do the piece justice overall. It might magnify a few things but they're so small when looking at the item normally you don't see them.

Darth Loki said:

Ditto! I can't wait to get Frodo, he's coming soon as i said in another post... anyway I do think this PF will have the same faith of the Padmé maquette and the edition size is 1000(as padmé) so guys, If you want Frodo, I do suggest to take him now as nobody who got it will sell it, because people who have it are those who really wanted him, like the Padmé maquette, which took so long to sold out at StarWarsShop... but once is gone you'll have to pay more than 500 dollars for him! And when Gandalf will be announced many people will be disappointed not to have Frodo next to him on display! So act Now...

Is it too late for SS to do an exclusive with an interchangable mouth and lips?

Frodo's sword is bendy! Through happenstance I found that if you accidentally bend Sting it bends back in place with no noticeable detriment!

Is it metal?

Darklord Dave said:
Frodo's sword is bendy! Through happenstance I found that if you accidentally bend Sting it bends back in place with no noticeable detriment!

Is it metal?

Must be made of that alien metal from Roswell...:monkey5

Not plastic - it bends and stays that way. But I bent it back and there's no noticeable seam or anything.

Back