PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Roranous said:
Fritz, your site is cool and informative...plus I like the pretty pictures:monkey5

When is Doom going up brother?:D

Thanks, and Doom's going up soon! :chew

choopie said:
...and they've missed the mark on this piece, IMO. I have not bought this, nor do I ever plan to.

Only with the likeness to Elijah Wood. Everything else is great! Especially the Dwarf Skull on the base. :cool: Come on, you know you want it and are eventually going to cave. :D

jlcmsu said:
IMO they didn't really miss the mark on the likeness either.

You dare make this post without your patented comparison shot ... Josh you've grown soft at 20K.

:lol

LOTRFan said:
You dare make this post without your patented comparison shot ... Josh you've grown soft at 20K.

:lol

It's late. I'm tired and I have a staff meeting tomorrow. :lol

Mookeylama said:
best Wood likeness there is AND it's like 1/8th scale!

9713_press08-001.jpg

the PF's face needs to be wider at the jaw/cheeks, less distance between upper lip and nose, wider nostrils, eyebrows slanting upward:eek: (this would look better for the expression chosen IMO). sadly, i don't think a repaint'll help it much. it needs a reworked sculpt.

I stand corrected. I totally spaced on the Frodo in the Crack of Doom diorama....his likeness is much more accurate here than it is on the PF...but the PF is better than the earlier polystone.

My view on this Frodo PF is the same as it was with the 12" Anakin figure.

It's a great character figure, as in it's a great Frodo figure (just as the 12" was a great Anakin figure) but it's not Elijah Wood, just as the other wasn't Hayden

There are things that are good, but just too many things off to make it not look like him at all. If he didn't have that outfit on and that sword, you would'nt know what actor it was supposed to be.

So if i bought this (i dont collect PF's though) I'd be doing it safe in the knowledge that I was getting a really top notch Frodo (from the book maybe?) figure :)

Darren

ifu03612 said:
My PF Frodo is on the way from the Eu warehouse

should be here tommorow

Can't wait

Colin

So they started shipping to EU customers?

That's great !!

can't wait !

Vince said:
So they started shipping to EU customers?

That's great !!

can't wait !

Yeah its on its way today.

My shipping notice just totally came out of the blue cos I was expecting to wait much longer

So excited

Frodo is in the house

Tremendous piece but now i'm so gutted I have no more PF's on order

Please sideshow we need another announcement

ifu03612 said:
Frodo is in the house

Tremendous piece but now i'm so gutted I have no more PF's on order

Please sideshow we need another announcement

Lucky bastard!
I hope they ship them all soon ...

When did you get the tracking number?
I seem to be having problems receiving my tracking numbers, I've never received them for my last two orders, allthough they were sent (confirmed by Sideshow)

Anyway, pics are still welcome, can't get enough of them ...

And yes, bring on the next one !!!

hunky_artist said:
It's a great character figure, as in it's a great Frodo figure (just as the 12" was a great Anakin figure) but it's not Elijah Wood, just as the other wasn't Hayden

Gotta disagree. It's not spot on to EW but it's pretty solid overall. The 12" Anakin IMO anyways is spot on to Hayden. I could see more people issues with Frodo being a farther off than the 1:6 Anaking to Hayden. I totally see Hayden when I look at mine. :)

hunky_artist said:
My view on this Frodo PF is the same as it was with the 12" Anakin figure.

Darren

Good point, Darren. Though I actually think that the PF Frodo looks closer to Elijah Woods than the Anakin 12" to Hayden. (that may explain why I'm patiently waiting for your resculpt of Anakin... ;))

I think ahoudini's tweaks really help bring out more of the EW in the sculpt.

Just to add to this debate about likeness, since I got Frodo last week there have been nine different people that have seen it at my place that aren't Lord of the Rings fans but have seen all three movies. All nine said the same thing, that it doesn't look like Frodo. However, all nine recognized somewhat that it is Frodo because they all first asked, is that Frodo?

Like I said earlier, I don't have a problem with it. It may not be an exact Elijah but it is Frodo.

Fritz said:
Like I said earlier, I don't have a problem with it. It may not be an exact Elijah but it is Frodo.

Maybe thats why they decided on the big name plate on the base.

I know what you mean it is Frodo, I can see the essence of EW there but there is something quite not right

Its an amazing statue though

I like it better than Lurtz

Im in the UK and got the shipping notice on Wednesday night, I can't imagine it being much longer, Goliath got his earlier and he's further away

thanks
Colin

Vince said:
Lucky bastard!
I hope they ship them all soon ...

When did you get the tracking number?
I seem to be having problems receiving my tracking numbers, I've never received them for my last two orders, allthough they were sent (confirmed by Sideshow)

Anyway, pics are still welcome, can't get enough of them ...

And yes, bring on the next one !!!

Frodo has landed in the UK! Can only reiterate what (some) people have said already - this is truly a fantastic piece, but doesn't look much like EW at all - as with Fritz this isn't a problem for me, I'm just blown away by the detail. However, that being said, I'm not 100% happy about the price when you compare the piece with Lurtz - yes the piece oozes quality, but it is a LOT smaller than Lurtz and I cannot honestly say that the price is wholly justifiable (IMHO). So overall its fantastic representation of Frodo (but NOT EW) if a little pricey... Still glad I have it of course. Only other minor point - the ring looks a little wide for the figure - it always seemed a thinner band in the films - may be just me...??

crazytrain said:
Only other minor point - the ring looks a little wide for the figure - it always seemed a thinner band in the films - may be just me...??
As soon as I saw that I thought the same thing, one other wee thing was the left hand, he looks like Magneto ready to pick up that helmet.

Apart from that no further qualms about this piece

Promise

How much of the clothing comes off? Just wondering as I do not want to damage the good bits when I attempt my face re-sculpt/paint.

Back