PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endor1

BlasTech Engineer
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here ya go!! Landed this afternoon. Enjoy!!

He he he, Sorry for the delay I just got my Macbook Pro and I've never used iPhoto before :rolleyes:

.....that was a mistake need to take more time before I can learn to pump out the pics with my Mac. So back to the trusty Sony Vaio Win 98.

frodopf01.JPG

frodopf2.JPG

frodopf3.JPG

frodopf4.JPG

frodopf5.JPG

frodopf6.JPG

frodopf7.JPG

frodopf8.JPG

frodopf9.JPG

He looks good. Very nicely detailed! The eye up close appears to be a little off but in the shots where you would normally be looking the eye shows nothing.

Thanks for the pics! They're slightly too big for MY Vaio, though. :)

It looks pretty much as I expected, but it's lovely to have it "live". Cheers!

Good pics. I like it and am glad to have it coming.

I think one more pieces are released, they will all look great together.

Nice, especially with the lighting.

Yeah, resize the pics!

Thanks for all the great pics. The eye is still a bit off but it doesn't look as bad as the SS pics. And it's hardly noticeable unless looking dead on. I'm excited to get this little fella.

He looks so damn small next to Lurtz.

Darth Loki said:
Thanks for all the great pics. The eye is still a bit off but it doesn't look as bad as the SS pics. And it's hardly noticeable unless looking dead on. I'm excited to get this little fella.

He looks so damn small next to Lurtz.

That's what I was saying when the SS pics came out. :)

First, congrats on the piece and thank you for the pics!!!

Although this is certainly better than Weta, these pics confirm some of my paint app concerns and my lack of seeing Elijah in the sculpt (now, especially odd after the glimpse of the diorama). I have no regrets not purchasing it.

However, for those who see the ringbearer in this piece, I wish you enjoyment with your purchase!!!

It looks just as good (or bad) as the Sideshow pics. It's not like his eyeline is suddenly straight, is it?

It's the surroundings, size comparisons, details, and variant lighting conditions that make pics such as these worthwhile. But Ginny's work always gets criticised, and all she does is shoot the pieces in as clinical and objective way as possible. As is only right!

I think it looks better than what I was expecting. But I just am not a fan of the piece, in general. I would have preferred Frodo in a different setting. But congrats to those that are getting him. He's a nice piece after all.

FlyAndFight said:
I think it looks better than what I was expecting.
Same here. The wonky eye is still there but it ain't so bad, everything else looks good to me.

Bullseye said:
seeing it next to the Lurtz its way overpriced.
Agreed.

Bullseye said:
I'll be keeping this but seeing it next to the Lurtz its way overpriced.

I have to agree as well. Seeing it next to Lurtz makes me think this thing should have been under a $200 starting. The fact that it is only slightly bigger than a 12" really keeps me from buying directly from SSC. If I can nab it for $200 shipped I'll definitely get it but for now I'm content with waiting for the eventual Frodo 1/6 which if the PF is any indication will be frickin tiny...

This is actually a nice piece now I finally seen some different angles. If it was cheaper, I would consider getting this myself. It is better than the WETA, but at the same time it's not worth the price, especially next to Lurtz.

Bullseye said:
I'll be keeping this but seeing it next to the Lurtz its way overpriced.
I actually realy like it now, but I MUST agree about the price. Jeez....That is slightly steep for what you're getting!

I actually like it alot better then I thought I would.

Glad I kept my Lurtz P.F.

I'll be getting this one after all.

:)

Back