PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ffl1940 said:
the face is fantastic and I've never understood the whole "uni-boob" issue. The outfit on the figure looks like how the outfit appears on her in the promo pics so it doesn't matter to me how it's sculpted underneath.

Its because theres no differentiated line between either asset making it look like one. It wasnt a big mishap it just made it look more fake.
The skin tone of PF Buffy at the SDCC this year was far pinker and one tone too.

Ok well after much deliberating I went ahead and order her. :monkey4

Now to explain to my GF that there's another woman in my life! :chew

Anyone feel wierd about ordering Buffy???

The outfit on the figure looks like how the outfit appears on her in the promo pics so it doesn't matter to me how it's sculpted underneath.

Well, the outfit is quite small and most of her skin is not underneath so you should care about how it's sculpted :D :D

I was going to say.. not that I'm a perv but.. :monkey4

yeah... if I get her I'm sure I'll be labeled a Pervert.

Well, the outfit is quite small and most of her skin is not underneath so you should care about how it's sculpted

when I said underneath I meant underneath the clothes. I'd guess she doesn't have a sculpted belly button but that doesn't matter to me because she'll look the same with or without it. Same with her chest. As long as it looks right with the dress on, I don't mind how it's sculpted underneath the dress. I suppose some people planned on removing the dress, maybe that's why they want it as anatomically correct as possible! :rotfl :monkey5

Also, don't feel weird ordering Buffy...as long as no one I know finds out!!! :D

"Also, don't feel weird ordering Buffy...as long as no one I know finds out!!!"

LOL!!! I'm already in the planning stages for a display cabinet on tracks (or rotating shelf) in which to hide the collectables that people wouldn't understand. Plus that gives me more display space! :D

ffl1940 said:
when I said underneath I meant underneath the clothes. I'd guess she doesn't have a sculpted belly button but that doesn't matter to me because she'll look the same with or without it. Same with her chest. As long as it looks right with the dress on, I don't mind how it's sculpted underneath the dress.

The "uniboob" problem isn't about what's underneath the dress. There is cleavage--or rather, not-fully-cleaved-cleavage--well above the bustline of the dress. But the actual cleft is unnaturally shallow, making her breasts look like a big "uniboob" with a slight crease down the middle instead of like two breasts.

The earlier prototype had more realistically distinct cleavage, either because the sculpting or shading was better. So, be sure to look at the later revised figure, otherwise you won't see the uniboob problem.

Was lucky enough to have Oluf over this past weekend signing some PF's and he spoke to me for a minute or two about the Buffy PF which I also happen to have on order.

He said the hair looks great and he was happy with the outcome, though he did admit they did have discussions about using "real" hair and he has a few Buffy heads with hair as opposed to sculpted hair in his studio.

Evan

Thanks for the info, Jair. We still don't know if the hair has been changed for a second time, but it's great to know that Oluf is happy with the result. I'm sure this statue will be awesome and I can't express with words how anxious I am to put my hands on it

If Oluf is happy with it then I am too. The hair has never bothered me anyway. I am soooo glad the hair is sculpted though.

Jair said:
Was lucky enough to have Oluf over this past weekend signing some PF's and he spoke to me for a minute or two about the Buffy PF which I also happen to have on order.

He said the hair looks great and he was happy with the outcome, though he did admit they did have discussions about using "real" hair and he has a few Buffy heads with hair as opposed to sculpted hair in his studio.

Evan

I would LOVE to see the Buffy PF heads with hair. I hope he posts pictures of them on his web site.

Well, there might be another delay. :rolleyes:

Currently the Buffy PF is given an Oct release date. Though the Oct 5 newsletter doesn't list a change to the shipping date for the BUffy PF in that "shipping date change" section, it doesn't list the Buffy PF in the "coming in the next 30 days" section either which means they aren't expecting it before early Nov.

ffl1940 said:
Well, there might be another delay. :rolleyes:

Currently the Buffy PF is given an Oct release date. Though the Oct 5 newsletter doesn't list a change to the shipping date for the BUffy PF in that "shipping date change" section, it doesn't list the Buffy PF in the "coming in the next 30 days" section either which means they aren't expecting it before early Nov.

hmmm, well thats expected with most PF's. Just hope if I do end up keeping my order(waiting for final pics) it will arrive for xmas here in Oz.

Someone at BtVSFigs said that Sideshow sent him an e-mail to notify him that he will be charged on the 10th. Has anyone else received an e-mail? I haven't.

I thought Sideshow said before that pictures of the final product will be posted before we are charged.

Back