PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruff Old Bear said:
It does seem to be a very low-resolution picture. That spot on the hair where the flip was looks as though someone used the Photoshop blur tool.

You think maybe someone was doing one of those "this is how it should have been done" edits??

I have to agree it looks just as bad if not worse. Finger hovering over the cancel button....

I'll just have to see this one in person before I decide, which means I'll have to cancel my exclusive preorder. Aw well, never liked the book anyway, they should have made a leather coat exclusive....

It's surprising most of you are cancelling your order because of the hair. Frankly, I don't think it's that big a deal, as someone pointed out, maybe we should wait to see the actual promo pictures or the figure itself to see if it's that bad, it might actually look good. All of you who pre-ordered her before the "hair fix", would you have got it anyway if they had kept the hair just as it was? Just curious.

I didn't order the Buffy - can't afford the PF line. But, I am also a bit surprised by all those saying they are now going to cancel it. I'd at least wait for word from Sideshow that this is the final product before doing that. And I've never returned anything to Sideshow so I don't know if it's a hassle or not but wouldn't it be better to get the figure in person and see if you like it then return it if you don't?

I'm no so upset by the hair, but I still am ticked at the overall half-ass job Sideshow did with this figure. Now I'm not saying it looks bad, but for $250 the value just isn't there when you put Buffy side by side with Hellboy, Punisher, John Wayne, the KISS figures and now Spike, who gets the nice outfit AND two heads. What is it with Sideshow's lack of outfit/accessories when it comes to some of their female PF figures?

Seven of Nine was also lacking any accessory, even Kirk and Spock got a phaser and tricorder respectively.

And I do remember someone from Sideshow saying that the body for Buffy cost more so that's where some of the value went. Well I just don't believe that. Are you telling me that the Punisher body, with the sculpted muscular arms and different pose didn't cost as much to make as Buffy? Punisher comes with at least 3 weapons, and other gear. John Wayne gets a full outfit and a rifle.

Buffy? she gets a simple black dress and a molded lump of polystone "book"

If plans are to release another Buffy PF figure with the axe from the final episodes in an action pose then please tell me now, I'd rather cancel this one and wait a year or two.

That's why I cancelled my order, not enough bang for the buck, and certainly not what I would consider a definitive Buffy.

olvidadero said:
It's surprising most of you are cancelling your order because of the hair. Frankly, I don't think it's that big a deal, as someone pointed out, maybe we should wait to see the actual promo pictures or the figure itself to see if it's that bad, it might actually look good. All of you who pre-ordered her before the "hair fix", would you have got it anyway if they had kept the hair just as it was? Just curious.

ditto, I feel the same way

Well I for one haven't canceled yet but am close. I didn't really like the hair when I ordered her, but anticipated them fixing it. They, as of now, have not fixed it to my liking.

Personally I'm not cancelling my preorder, because I love all things Buffy. For a Whedon fanatic like me who scrapes together his last $400 for screen-used prop Gavrok spider demons and a few weeks later his last $300 for Joss' handwritten draft of a Firefly episode, $250 for a ginormous Buffy figure is...okay, as long as a better buy doesn't come along.

But, I think the "uniboob" is very unsightly and anatomically weird--SS should put the cleavage back the way it was on the earlier prototype; they may have looked too big (because Buff was wearing a push-up bra in S1 promos), but at least they looked like breasts instead of one big uniboob. And the hair is awful--people weren't complaining early on that the hair flipped up; they complained that it flipped up slightly too far and didn't sit naturally on the shoulders. Now the hair is flat and lifeless and looks glued to her shoulder. SS took both adjustments too far, to extremes, and lessened the figure's appeal.

Were I not a fanatic, yes, I'd cosider cancelling my preorder. SS should be careful to avoid taking minor criticisms too far. Tweak slightly, don't carpet bomb every problem area.

Re: PF Buffy boob job

Her boobs look better imo. They were too squished up on the promo figure. Definitely keeping this one although I do pray they fix her hair, it seriously sucks. The original kink was a lot better than this attempt.
I trust SS will do something about it... there's been too much negative feedback for them to ignore. I HOPE!

GUYS, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BUFFY'S HAIR OR BOOBS, WRITE SIDESHOW AND LET THEM KNOW.

I wrote them yesterday. If enough people write them, maybe Sideshow will push the release date back and re-work the figure. Sideshow has done that with other figures (ie Darth Vader).

The updated breasts are fine. They're less square than the original prototype. The hair need a lot of work. It doesn't look very good in that picture. Anyone have any better or clearer pictures? I have a feeling it may have been a quick update just for the CON and the final version isn't complete yet. That being said, I still can't get over how amazing the likeness is. Just awesome!

Fritz said:
The updated breasts are fine. They're less square than the original prototype.

The size or shape isn't an issue--the shallow cleavage in between is. It looks like they aren't as seperate as they should be; hence, "uniboob." In most women, SMG included, cleavage goes down to within an inch of the middle of the ribcage. In the figure, it looks too shallow. It could be a result of bad angles and lighting in the pictures, but probably not.

I received a reply from Sideshow Customer Service. It said, "I'd be happy to forward your comments to our Product Development Team." SO WRITE SIDESHOW WITH WHATEVER CONCERNS YOU HAVE. IT COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

SergeiEsenin said:
The size or shape isn't an issue--the shallow cleavage in between is. It looks like they aren't as seperate as they should be; hence, "uniboob." In most women, SMG included, cleavage goes down to within an inch of the middle of the ribcage. In the figure, it looks too shallow. It could be a result of bad angles and lighting in the pictures, but probably not.

I'm not going to disagree. All I'm saying is that I don't care, it looks fine to me. Although I reserve the right to change my mind once I have it or see different pics. :eek:

Re: PF Buffy hair fix? Most probably!!!

Potentially good news!!!
I just received a reply from SS customer support and their Production Team have been advised that people are not happy with her hair. This has to mean they will do something about it, they hold us collectors in too higher regard to ignore it :D
Should have more info next week!
:bunnydanc

the only cleavage I'm concerned about is that on SergeiEsenin's avatar!!! :monkey5 Yes, I'm the one that bought Eurotrip on DVD! :lol

Sideshow are too good to us. Although they made a bad judgement on the 'fix up' they changing it yet again for us. I know some people will think "they should have got it right to begin with" but Im so glad sideshow has the care to go back and keep perfecting problems for the collectors.

I really like this pic from the con. You can see more detail in the hair and the dress fits wonderfully and has no shine.

IMG_0126.JPG

So glad thewy might be doing something to fix it though. Its almost impossible for them not too. The amount of cancellations theyve recieved was probably enough.

Firefly Flanatic said:
I didn't order the Buffy - can't afford the PF line. But, I am also a bit surprised by all those saying they are now going to cancel it. I'd at least wait for word from Sideshow that this is the final product before doing that. And I've never returned anything to Sideshow so I don't know if it's a hassle or not but wouldn't it be better to get the figure in person and see if you like it then return it if you don't?

Easy to do if you live in the US...But, sending something back from Australia?? Yeah, SS would love that..:D Plus, I have too much on order anyway with SS, and, seeing what they "might" end up doing with Buffy, made me do the cancel thing....But, each to their own...If you keep your order for now...good for you, and I hope SS change it for ya.

Back